Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:42:32 PM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things I learned freshman year in college. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Things I learned freshman year in college.  (Read 4072 times)
flackbait
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« on: April 14, 2008, 01:15:58 AM »

Weeeellll, I believe I made a promise back in september to update you guys/gals what happened in college.
So far heres what I've learned:

1. Drunk frat boys are prone to charge without warning.
2. Drunk people say the darndest things.
3. Contrary to popular opinion archimedes lived around 10000 b.c. not 200 b.c. like most historians claim(A professor told me this!)
4. The army loves paper work (I learned this in only one month of going with a military sciece minor).
5. Not everybody gets drunk on weekends in college, just 70% of them.
6. No matter where you go there will always be crazy people, jerks, and morons.
7. Money makes the world go around.

So its been a real experience for me and I still got three more years at least.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 04:02:41 AM »

TeddyR BounceGiggle

I once joined a class on filmmaking and some of the students there thought I was someone's dad.  Bluesad I really don't look that old, do I?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 04:05:31 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »

Trevor, don't take it personally.  To teenagers, everyone 30 and older looks and sounds like an old person.

When I was in my teens, I would work out how old I was at any point in the future.  It amazed me to think that I would be 34 years old someday.  Now that I'm 41, I wish I was 34 again.  *lol*

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 07:57:43 AM »

The thing I learned in my freshman year of college was that student loans are spent on drinking, and then mom and dad pay for all actual expenses.  Also, even though only 20 people regulary attend a certain class, about 50 show up for the exams.  And college is not a fashion show like high school.  Many if not most people look like they grabbed something out of the hamper and threw it on. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 12:14:33 PM »

Two things I wish I had learned:
1) Your metabolism WILL slow down.
2) Don't accept too many student loans. To an 18 year old its just free money.  15 years later its slavery. 
3) Try not drinking one weekend, it s great fun to mess with the drunks, and you get to drive home safely, AND you can be up and chipper at 8 Am and really annoy your buds.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
JJ80
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:51:06 PM »

University was a lot tamer when I was there let me tell you! (Charge without warning?)

1 - You'll never believe the size of some peoples egos.  Many think that they are much cleverer than the lecturers. Buggedout
2 - If you want to avoid hangovers and strife, hang out with the Christian rock crowd.  Smile
3 - Girl geeks become strangely alluring after a few months, in fact your entire notion of female beauty can alter markedly.  Lookingup
4 - Half the membership of every class consists of goths.  Thumbdown
flackbait

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 11:13:47 PM »

TeddyR BounceGiggle

I once joined a class on filmmaking and some of the students there thought I was someone's dad.  Bluesad I really don't look that old, do I?
Don't worry Trevor It makes you look more stately! Smile

Secondly I'm sorry to anyone on the board who wonders why I don't post regurealy like I used to, between ROTC and college I don't get much time off.

There is a story behind the charging frat boy. I'll write it down tommorow when I have time.
flackbait

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 11:25:45 PM »

The frat boy story isn't that funny(strange yes, funny I dunno) but anyways... I was coming home after a party, admittedly I had a couple of beers. But this frat boy must of had over 30. Hes hanging out in a crowd of frat boys and some girls. All of the girls were mooing like cattle, which made me go in for a closer look. The next thing I know I had a large frat boy charging at me.  Since he was drunk all I did was sidestep and watch him careen into a lamp post. Amazingly he actually got up and the group started to walk away. Probably the wierdest thing that ever happened to me in college.
Now that I think of it I wonder if he was on something beyond alchohol, but he did reek of beer, and vomit.  Thumbdown
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 01:26:38 AM »

Since he was drunk all I did was sidestep and watch him careen into a lamp post. Amazingly he actually got up and the group started to walk away. Probably the wierdest thing that ever happened to me in college.

Smile BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
JJ80
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 12:51:15 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Flackbait. I amazed that he was still able to stand unsupported in the first place, let alone run!  For some strange reason I assumed that this was somehow gridiron related.  TeddyR
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 04:47:09 PM »

Now that I think of it I wonder if he was on something beyond alchohol, but he did reek of beer, and vomit.  Thumbdown

He was probably on a culture high.

Yeah, I know that was a really stupid joke.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
flackbait

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 12:35:18 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up Flackbait. I amazed that he was still able to stand unsupported in the first place, let alone run!  For some strange reason I assumed that this was somehow gridiron related.  TeddyR
Well this was a huge guy, he probably could have drank 20 beers like it was nothing.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Things I learned freshman year in college. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.