Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:53:26 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Horror film where movies come to life? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror film where movies come to life?  (Read 7997 times)
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 22, 2008, 08:01:54 PM »

I remember seeing bits of this one movie, most likely from the mid 80s, where parts of several horror movies come to life.  I remember in particular one character sees a tendril-looking thing with a mouth on the end.  I think it was meant to be a nastier version of man-eating plants like Little Shop of Horrors.  He's kind of amazed/amused by it, as it comes out of a bedroom door with fog around it.  But then it bites his leg and he's really unhappy. 

There's also something which is like a zombie/witch.  Real nasty looking thing.  I can't remember much else, but I remember finding the movie pretty creepy and scary from what I saw of it.  Any help?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »

The idea of various horror movies coming to life is similar to WAXWORK, but I don't recall either of those particular scenes (WW had werewolves, vampires, zombies and a mummy).  Maybe it's the sequel, WAXWORK II?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 08:43:48 PM »

Good guess, but no - it's more localized than the Waxwork films.  I think it was mostly inside of the main character's (two male leads, I THINK, not sure)home for some reason.  Maybe also had time at a movie theatre or drive-in?
the Rev. J. Darkside
Bad Movie Lover

"Life's a b***h, and she's back in heat."

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 11:24:08 PM »

I was thinking it might be 'Stay Tuned' with the late John Ritter and Don Knotts, but it doesn't sound like it. 'Stay Tuned' was a comedy set in Hell.

Bruce Campbell is a lover and a fighter. If you want to find him, follow the trail of dead men and pregnant women.
Jim H

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:25:28 PM »

I was thinking it might be 'Stay Tuned' with the late John Ritter and Don Knotts, but it doesn't sound like it. 'Stay Tuned' was a comedy set in Hell.

Yeah, I like that film actually and have it on DVD.  Much less glossy of a film, it was a quite cheaply made movie.
Skull
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 12:54:54 AM »

My guess is TerrorVision or Troll or both.
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 04:30:20 AM »

Nope, saw both of those not too long ago. 

Anyone else.  It's quite a quandary.   Question
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 04:28:18 PM »

I seem to remember a film reviewed (briefly, as always) in The Psychotronic Encyclopedia that sounded like a horror version of My Science Project where a machine/experiment brought all manner of evil things into a building to battle the protagonists. It was a low-budget affair from the early/mid 80s. Wonder if it's the film . . .
Skull
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 05:42:20 PM »

Nope, saw both of those not too long ago. 

Anyone else.  It's quite a quandary.   Question

Ok, what about

House (1986)
316zombie
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 05:45:19 PM »

you saw terrorvision??? where did you get it???
could this be an anthology movie? it sounds vaguely familiar, but i'm thinking it's separate stories..
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 01:24:30 PM »

Terrorvision was actually on television.  A premium network (Cinemax maybe?), believe it or not.  Recorded it on my DVR and watched it.  I'd seen it on TNT's monstervision years earlier though.

It COULD be an anthology movie.  The parts I mentioned were from the same bit if that is the case though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Horror film where movies come to life? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.