Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:57:26 PM
714421 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE HULK..... « previous next »
Poll
Question: Witch Do You Prefer....
The 70's Hulk (Luo Furegno).... - 9 (69.2%)
The Hulk (Came out a few years ago).... - 0 (0%)
The Incredible Hulk (Coming out this year).... - 0 (0%)
Neither, I prefer the comics.... - 4 (30.8%)
Are you talking about Pual Hogan or Hulk Hogan???? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: THE HULK.....  (Read 9424 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« on: May 03, 2008, 07:23:32 AM »

Has anyone seen the trailer for the new Hulk movie?  

http://www.imdb.com/ri/TRAILERS_HPHULK/TOP_BUCKET/79388/video/screenplay/vi3163423001/

I like it but wish they would have made it a sequel to the previous Hulk movie.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 07:50:43 AM »

I went with the comics for now, simply because I'm waiting on the new movie to see how it goes. I'm one of the only people I know who really liked the Ang Lee Hulk, but I can admit that the Hulk looked a little cartoony in it and the big finale against Nick Nolte's secondhand Absorbing Man knock-off villain disappointed me. As such, I think the new Hulk looks much darker and I'm chomping at the bit to see the throw down with the Abomination. TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 08:18:20 AM »

I went with the '70s version just because I liked it as a kid.  The characters were well done and it was at least moderately interesting.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 11:15:27 AM »

I went with 70s Hulk.  The Hulk movie (Ang Lee's) bugged me for the simple reason it seemed more of a lesson on DNA than an action film. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

I picked the '70s Hulk for now.  Classic.

I went with the comics for now, simply because I'm waiting on the new movie to see how it goes. I'm one of the only people I know who really liked the Ang Lee Hulk, but I can admit that the Hulk looked a little cartoony in it and the big finale against Nick Nolte's secondhand Absorbing Man knock-off villain disappointed me. As such, I think the new Hulk looks much darker and I'm chomping at the bit to see the throw down with the Abomination. TeddyR

I quite liked the Hulk done by Ang Lee.  Everyone I know disagrees and everyone says it's a colossal bomb.  I think some things worked against it, like the length of the flick (it was quite long), and the fact that the commercials showed all Hulk, and he wasn't even the Hulk all that long in the flick, really.  Except for the 20 minute fight at the end and 2 short scenes throughout it seemed. 

But for the most part, I liked the story and what they were trying to establish.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 12:23:38 PM »

I liked Ang Lee's movie also, and I think the Hulk looked better than the one in this new one.  They did make a sort of sequel, because it does start out with Banner hiding out in  Brazil from Ross.

Did you notice the little bit of the TV series theme right at the end of the trailer?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 11:36:21 AM »

I liked Ang Lee's movie also, and I think the Hulk looked better than the one in this new one.  They did make a sort of sequel, because it does start out with Banner hiding out in  Brazil from Ross.

Did you notice the little bit of the TV series theme right at the end of the trailer?
I read that the producers (or movie studio, not sure which) bought the rights from the tv studio.  They felt it's now an iconic part of the character at this point and felt the show's theme is now identified with him because of the audiences that were introduced to the character from the show. 

Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 01:43:52 PM »

I really hated Ang Lee's Hulk he didn't even study The Hulk comics for a great story line. Instead with his mega inflated ego he made one of the crappest movies in history.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 03:33:30 PM »

I voted for the comics.  I thought Ang Lee's version was mediocre . . . too long, with a disappointing climax.  I was excited to hear about the new version . . . I think Edward Norton is a very good actor . . . but the trailers are beginning to worry me.  The Hulk looks like a CGI from the very early days of CGI (i.e., like a cartoon).  But maybe if we all hold hands and chant, good things will happen . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 06:49:27 PM »

I voted for the comics.  I thought Ang Lee's version was mediocre . . . too long, with a disappointing climax.  I was excited to hear about the new version . . . I think Edward Norton is a very good actor . . . but the trailers are beginning to worry me.  The Hulk looks like a CGI from the very early days of CGI (i.e., like a cartoon).  But maybe if we all hold hands and chant, good things will happen . . .

Well, maybe the CGI in the trailer wasn't the finished product.  It should look better in the movie...hopefully.  I'm going to go see it regardless.  If it's good, great.  If it sucks, then I'll riff on it in the theater.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Torgo

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 10:53:16 PM »

Ang Lee's Hulk was one of the biggest misfires that I've ever witnessed in a cinema. 

He seemed to forget that the main character's catch phrase was "HULK SMASH" and instead he gives us Nick Nolte chewing scenery in the worst way possible, Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly looking thoroughly confused, HULK DOGS  (I kept thinking of The Mask when that scene was going on) and very hit/miss CGI.

It was strange during the 1st half of the movie Hulk look terrible but during the desert fight part, he looked great IMO.  You can tell where ILM (I think it was) put most of their effort in terms of the effects.

The editing and pacing was also way off as the movie never found any kind of discernible rhythm. The ending was just a muddled mess and it was a huge mistake to have his dad become The Absorbing Man at the end (even though most people didn't know that was what he had become).

I'm hoping that the new one will be more of what a hulk movie should be.

BTW, I prefer the TV show type Hulk myself. Grew up watching that and still love the show to this day.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2008, 07:55:37 AM »

Hulk's always been underrated as a comic, in my opinion.  I know he's got legions of fans, but I like him.

As far as the new movie, I saw the trailer when I saw Iron Man, and I gotta say, I'm looking forward to it.

Torgo

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »

As far as the new movie, I saw the trailer when I saw Iron Man, and I gotta say, I'm looking forward to it.

They didn't have the new Hulk trailer attached to the Iron Man showing that I saw this past weekend in Roanoke, VA.

I was disappointed by that. But the new The Dark Knight trailer looks abolutely freakin' amazing!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 08:30:38 AM »

They didn't have the new Hulk trailer attached to the Iron Man showing that I saw this past weekend in Roanoke, VA.

I was disappointed by that. But the new The Dark Knight trailer looks abolutely freakin' amazing!
I saw the Dark Knight trailer during Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay.  Trailer was great.  Heath looks like he did a great job as Joker. 

Up here they showed Hulk's Trailer with Iron Man.  Maybe it's regional?  But I've never heard of that happening.   Question

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2008, 09:33:49 PM »

Had to be the 70s Ferigno Hulk for me. That was where I got most of my early exposure to the character. I still love those old episodes for the cheese factor, although they were among the coolest things on TV when they were new.

The comics, however, are where Hulk was his most impressive, and they had some cool stories.

But none of the three animated incarnations are on the list. In the early 80s, I loved the animated Hulk, narrated by Stan Lee, that aired along with Spider Man and His Amazing Friends.
Small | Large

The animated Hulk from the 90s wasn't bad, and at least knew its audience
Small | Large

But the one from the 60s definitely wins for best theme song.
Small | Large

Rhyming 'gamma rays' with 'unglamorous' was pure genius  Lookingup

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE HULK..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.