Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:57:49 PM
714417 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How did you find Badmovies.org? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: How did you find Badmovies.org?  (Read 13584 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 06:14:57 AM »

Aye...twas several long days into a journey at sea when de crew spotted something on de horizon.  Dat be Andrew.

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 07:05:30 AM »

I really have no idea.  I was either looking for a certain movie review, or maybe I did a search on B movie reviews.  As soon as I found the forum, oh yeah, I was prattling on like nobody's business.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 07:06:47 AM »

I can't remember for sure, but it was probably one night when I was looking for info on some old movie.  It was probably about the same time I found  The Astounding B Monster (which is regrettably still there but with no new content since 2006).

I just had Badmovies in my bookmarks for a few years and checked for new reviews once in a while.  I started lurking on the Phorum about 5 years ago, and finally decided to post something and hey, it's history now.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 07:30:11 AM »

I was wasting time at work, looking for some bad movies that I had not yet seen, and came across this site along with a couple others. I read the reviews at several sites, most of which are gone now or at least not regularly updated. I avoided the message board for a long time, just reading the reviews. Then I finally started reading the posts and decided to join in the fun. Oddly, I think one of the first reviews I read was for the movie that is being advertised at the top of my screen right now: Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter. Still haven't seen the movie, though.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 08:02:22 AM »

Oddly, I think one of the first reviews I read was for the movie that is being advertised at the top of my screen right now: Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter. Still haven't seen the movie, though.

I'd also like to see it as it was one of the last films banned by our beloved Censor Board before they went down the toilet of history.  TeddyR

frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 08:32:30 AM »

I don't remember exactly why and how, but first I hit a post in the forum . Someone was asking for the title of a movie with teenagers whose uncle turned into a zombie and they needed an antidote to rezombify him. That really got me hooked, that someone actually enjoys these kinds of movies, especially since I just got the very DVD as a present a couple of days earlier.

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 09:48:25 AM »

Wow, lemme think about this one. I know it was 1999, cuz that's when my friends and I started our original b-movie review site "The H.O.P.E.L.E.S.S.". I'm pretty sure that my friend Mike, who put the original site together, did a web search for b-movie sites so he'd have something to put up in the page's links section. I'm 70% sure that that was how I was introduced to the Holy Grail. Fortunately my face hasn't melted off yet, but maybe there's a 10 year delay on that...  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Menard
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 03:34:36 PM »

In case anybody found this forum while doing a Google search for the terms 'penis' or 'p***y', and discovered this site in that search due to the inordinate and wanton use of those words on this forum...

...you are welcome. TeddyR
Eyesore
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 04:37:14 PM »

"the ghoul" told me about it at an otherwise boring party.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 05:49:44 PM »

Followed a link from the IMDB while looking for a review of CEMETARY MAN.  Saw many of my other favorites were reviewed here.  Then I noticed the forum link...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

I avoided the message board for a long time, just reading the reviews

Same here.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »

Believe it or not I was running from a rabid mutant gator (don't even ask why I was in a sewer) when my flashlight went out.  Now if you've never been in a small confined space underground without any light let me tell you it gets pretty scary lonely in the dark.  That's when I heard this grating sound and a voice shouting down from above, "If you want to live come with me!"

I didn't know it at the time but that was Andrew.  He was carrying two sticks of dynamite, a shotgun, and a dead chicken on a rope.  Actually, now that I think about it, I never really did find out what Andrew was doing hunting gators that day.  But he pulled my proverbial bacon out of the fire that day and I've been hanging out with him and his crew here ever since.

Then there was that time we all went to this crazy strip club slash bar and grill out in the middle of the Mexican desert. . .

BounceGiggle   Wink
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 07:37:51 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Torgo

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »

If I remember right, I think that there was a link to a review on here on IMDb that I was checking out in terms of a particularly terrible movie.

From that point on I was hooked.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 02:52:38 AM »

I didn't know it at the time but that was Andrew.  He was carrying two sticks of dynamite, a shotgun, and a dead chicken on a rope.  Actually, now that I think about it, I never really did find out what Andrew was doing hunting gators that day.  But he pulled my proverbial bacon out of the fire that day and I've been hanging out with him and his crew here ever since.

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I'm more puzzled about just what Andrew was doing with the dead chicken on a rope.  TeddyR

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2008, 04:55:55 AM »

I'm more puzzled about just what Andrew was doing with the dead chicken on a rope.  TeddyR

You throw the chicken into the room in front of you to check for monsters.  If something bites it, then you know a monster is in the room.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How did you find Badmovies.org? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.