Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:40:26 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PIECES (1982) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: PIECES (1982)  (Read 5214 times)
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 01:30:50 PM »

Ahh yes, good ole Pieces. It's a terrible film, but a highly entertaining one.

Fave bits are the random kung fu guy, Lynda Day George's outraged scream of "BAAAAASSS-TAAAARRRRD!!!," and the co-ed who blithely gets into an elevator with the killer, somehow failing to notice that he's concealing a huge chain saw under his trench coat. :D

The film poster had one of the all time great tag lines - "You don't have to go to Texas for a Chainsaw massacre!" :D

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2022, 03:06:02 PM »

and the co-ed who blithely gets into an elevator with the killer, somehow failing to notice that he's concealing a huge chain saw under his trench coat. :D

another bit I chuckle at every time- altho her subsequent demise is extremely grisly. the waterbed death is pretty disturbing too

the actor Edmond Purdom also directed DON'T OPEN TILL XMAS in 1984 which is worth checking out, if anyone hasn't. it's kind of ridiculous

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
JuanSnz
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2022, 09:54:20 PM »

I watched 'Pieces'.

OK, the movie has flaws, the dialogues sound like dubbed, but I guess is because the script was written in Spanish, and then, tried to literally translate it to English, so in some part the dialogues sound 'artificial'. The last minute, is a kind of "WTH, did I miss something?"... And the Kung Fu instructor, well, at least is not dressed in a yellow jumpsuit Wink

And yes, the movie is mad, bad, and dangerous

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2022, 06:36:51 AM »

I watched 'Pieces'.

OK, the movie has flaws, the dialogues sound like dubbed, but I guess is because the script was written in Spanish, and then, tried to literally translate it to English, so in some part the dialogues sound 'artificial'. The last minute, is a kind of "WTH, did I miss something?".

no I still can't work out the shock ending... but I like that I can't  TeddyR

and yeah... "where are my pectorals?" there's some great bad dubbing no doubt. although actors like Christopher George and the aforementioned Edmond Purdom would presumably be saying their lines in English... probably studio re-voice-overed as well afterwards, by themselves

chainsaw midget

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2022, 06:30:21 PM »

The shock ending doesn't make a lick of sense, but somehow it works.  It feels like it belongs rather than just being something they tacked onto the end.
FatFreddysCat
Movies, Metal, Beer!

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 09:17:28 AM »

Inspired by this thread, I re-visited "Pieces" last night on Tubi. It's just as cheap, cheesy, and unintentionally campy as I remembered.

I now have another favorite scene: when the cops are cleaning up the murder scene at the swimming pool, and Christopher George asks the professor if the blood covered chainsaw next to the body could have been the murder weapon. Gee, YA THINK?  TeddyR
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 09:19:41 AM by FatFreddysCat » Logged

Hey, HEY, kids! Check out my way-cool Music and Movie Review blog on HubPages!
http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2022, 04:28:31 PM »

^^ haha yes I had forgotten that scene and had to lol when I just watched it again...

also, what do you do when you're lying beside a swimming pool and there's a guy with a chainsaw about to mess you up? the answer is apparently DO NOT jump back in the pool and swim away to safety.  just stay put and take it. obviously!

JuanSnz
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2022, 05:15:54 PM »

I'm still chuckling when I remember the quote 'Oh, he is my Kung Fu instructor'

I don't know, but I think that the producers trying to make implicit one of these options:

1. The students don't get an idea of the murders, except the main character and his friend.

Or

2. The students know about the murders, but they were asked to not tell anybody outside the College. But this option don't stop some girl practiced her dancing alone on a night, or this doesn't explain why there are no parents claiming Justice for their daughters.

I mean, I don't remember that the police or the dean said something like "Don't tell anything to the students" or "Tell the students that they are in danger, and don't be alone in the night, specially to the girls".
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2022, 02:31:02 AM »

well they definitely didn't want the press to know...

that's a classic slasher trope though: life carries on as normal in X establishment, despite daily murders.

AEROBICIDE is a good one for that

chainsaw midget

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2022, 11:16:45 PM »

well they definitely didn't want the press to know...

that's a classic slasher trope though: life carries on as normal in X establishment, despite daily murders.

AEROBICIDE is a good one for that

Because everybody knows you can't just close the beaches. 
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2022, 09:21:28 AM »

Pieces is my favorite movie set in Boston that's definitely not actually Spain or anything.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PIECES (1982) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.