Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:57:43 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "We must never appease terrorists!!" « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: "We must never appease terrorists!!"  (Read 32990 times)
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2008, 10:08:04 AM »

If some president hadn't veto'd ANWAR bill in 1994 we might not be in this mess. As long as we have to keep buying oil from foreign suppliers while we set on billions and billions of barrels of it untouched the price is going to continue to rise and we're going to continue to get hit in the pocket book.

We ought to utilize our own supplies at home while developing a alternative form of power. We put a man on the moon in less than 10 years, for crissake we can make a car run on hydrogen affordable to the masses.

I do not understand why the government for many years, on both sides of the aisle have failed to see what the average Joe citizen saw coming.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »

The problem with looking at all of them with the same scrutiny is that the end result is all of them against you. Sometimes you just have to play nice with the despot who is easier to deal with.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2008, 10:13:43 AM »

cheeze-  anwar has like 6 months supply.  I agre we shold drill there but it's not the answer ot our problems.

andy-  I disagree.  why support any dictators?  why intervene in other countries affairs.  not just on principle, but on the  fact that we have had such bad results from it.  why should americans who are struggling to pay for heating oil and food pay billions to middle eastern dictators?  you can't do much worse than the saudis,  whoever comes up after them if we leave will have to sell oil as well.  they can't very well drink it
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2008, 10:13:48 AM »

We put a man on the moon in less than 10 years
Yeah, but we've been dicking around in low earth orbit for 40 years since then. Astronauts went to the moon in 10 years because somebody set a deadline and people did what needed to be done to meet it. Is that spirit still alive today?

---------------------
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2008, 10:28:32 AM »

We ought to utilize our own supplies at home while developing a alternative form of power. We put a man on the moon in less than 10 years, for crissake we can make a car run on hydrogen affordable to the masses.

Didn't somebody already come up with an idea like that, but some oil corporation bought the patents and therefore shut down any possibility of it ever being made so as to quell any type of competition? Or was that just a conspiracy theory someone told me years ago? Question

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »

why support any dictators?  why intervene in other countries affairs.  not just on principle, but on the  fact that we have had such bad results from it.

Based on a couple of recent examples of American meddling backfiring. Strategic alliances have been standard operating procedure for governments around the world for millennia. On the whole, they work.

---------------------
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »

for whom?  dictators?  heavily taxed citizens who get sent to fight their leaders wars?

i believe in free trade, but not destructive statecraft and other imperialism.

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 02:42:05 PM »

cheeze-  anwar has like 6 months supply.  I agre we shold drill there but it's not the answer ot our problems.

Ok add that to the off shore oil we're not tapping, the ND fields were not tapping, the shale oil that can now be retrieved we're not tapping and  bunch more. The US is setting on many huge oil reserves and we're not using them. We need to find an alternative, but in the mean time OPEC has got us by the short hairs.

Didn't somebody already come up with an idea like that, but some oil corporation bought the patents and therefore shut down any possibility of it ever being made so as to quell any type of competition? Or was that just a conspiracy theory someone told me years ago? Question

They make them now ...

http://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/

But the cost of converting water to hydrogen is still expensive. But at the rate gas is going up, it'll soon be a bargin.

Yeah, but we've been dicking around in low earth orbit for 40 years since then. Astronauts went to the moon in 10 years because somebody set a deadline and people did what needed to be done to meet it. Is that spirit still alive today?

Yes i believe it is, it might be a coma but it's alive. I feel the American spirit will come through in times of need. Right now we're to politically polarized to get much done, we need to get on the same page which will require both sides to compromise. Nothing gets done without give and take. Nobody ever made an omelet without breaking a few eggs.   

Raffine

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 03:34:34 PM »

What about those magnetic engines I've read about? Supposedly they run without any type of conventional fuel. Is this a pipe dream, a suppresed technology, or a real possiblity as an alternative to fossil-fuel engines?

I'm hoping for gyroscope-powered automobile technology, based on those Wizzers some of us had as kids.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Menard
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 05:33:29 PM »

...those Wizzers some of us had as kids.

Ah still have mah wizzer; ah use it to take a wiz, among other things. TeddyR

Sorry to hear about yours. TongueOut
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2008, 07:40:30 PM »

Uh-oh, my own karma has been pinged now! Perhaps I'm getting too close to the truth...

"Do you think they might be involved with the Kennedy assassination in some way?"
"I do... now..." Buggedout

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »

for whom?  dictators?  heavily taxed citizens who get sent to fight their leaders wars?

i believe in free trade, but not destructive statecraft and other imperialism.

Oh boy.... Take a couple of steps back from the specific examples you're citing. Forget about US foreign policy or any present-day governments, and try to look at history in more general terms. Then you might understand what I'm saying.

---------------------
Raffine

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2008, 12:27:54 AM »

...those Wizzers some of us had as kids.

Ah still have mah wizzer; ah use it to take a wiz, among other things. TeddyR

Sorry to hear about yours. TongueOut

BounceGiggle

Sad, really.

And it went so well with my Clackers:

These wound up hanging from the telephone line in front of our house, bu that's another story.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2008, 05:34:42 PM »

Given my continued de-karmaing (thanks btw to whomever restored one of my points prior to it being dinged down twice more) in a thread where the extent of any "inflamatory" comments I've made have been calling a "guest" posting in the thread an undercover Bush supporter, [Freud] I'd say somebody has some secret shame in being a "Bushie" and is projecting it on others... [/Freud]

Oh the pain, the pain of it all. Lookingup

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »

I'm a proud Bush Republican and I just bumped you!   So there!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  "We must never appease terrorists!!" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.