Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:35:26 PM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Rocky Balboa (2006) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rocky Balboa (2006)  (Read 5725 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 26, 2008, 06:45:22 AM »

ROCKY BALBOA (2006) - Very good Rocky film. You really get sucked into this film as we find Rocky living and operating a restruant in Philadelphia and mourning the passing of his wife. Rocky's son is now working in Center City Philadelphia and doesn't stop by anymore because he doesn't like to live in the shadow of his father. Rocky also runs into the young girl who cursed him out in the first film in the old neighborhood and he helps her and her son. The film culminates after a digital comparison of the current heavyweight champion and fighters of the past. The news fires Rocky up a bit and you see Rocky get back into the ring in Las Vegas to take on the champ. Stallone looks good here, gives us a good story, and he accomplishes what he set out to do in what must be the very last Rocky film. Stallone also gives us look at the state of boxing today.

(8 Out Of 10 Stars)  Thumbup Thumbup This is a good finally to his legendary films.   

Small | Large

Neville

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 01:29:01 PM »

I enjoyed it more than I expected. A big deal of the drama is so corny it had my eyes rolling, but the boxing match at the end is great, and the way Sly wraps the subplots of the rest of the characters is very good. I'm glad Sly decided to dedicate more screentime to characters like Paulie or Rocky's son.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 01:34:45 PM »

I thought this was a fitting end to the series. It actually managed not be as silly as a couple of the others and was way better than the lame #5.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »

I'm glad Stallone came back and ended the series with this solid installment.  After the pitiful parts 4 and 5, he needed to remind people that the original ROCKY was a classic of the 1970s and one of the few movies I have ever seen when the entire theater audience was actually on its feet cheering.  Don't get me wrong, ROCKY BALBOA is not a classic . . . but its a good movie and Stallone regained some of his (and Rocky's) dignity.  I just hope he doesn't screw it up 10 years from now by making another sequel when he's down on his luck and needs another hit movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 08:07:33 PM »

It is a solid film for him and I believe he accomplished what he wanted by making this film.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 02:34:38 AM »

This was a great send off and a solid film. Heres hoping no one gets stupid and makes other one because this one did pretty well.  Lookingup

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

danbuffer
New Visitor

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 04:53:01 AM »

The movie is really a blockbuster hit... Rocky Balboa is an all time Boxing superstar + Sylvester Stallone is surely a knock out punching movie in all time....

It really shows the hard work and struggles of a Boxing hero to maintain its title and to  be reign as the supreme in boxing history..

I have been a fan of a Rocky movie since the Rocky 1 and I'm surely watch this recent movie of Rocky...

Dan
Looking to perform an intervention on a loved one who is abusing drugs or alcohol? This site can definitely help. http://www.druginterventions.net
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 11:45:36 AM »

I'm glad Stallone came back and ended the series with this solid installment.  After the pitiful parts 4 and 5, he needed to remind people that the original ROCKY was a classic of the 1970s and one of the few movies I have ever seen when the entire theater audience was actually on its feet cheering.  Don't get me wrong, ROCKY BALBOA is not a classic . . . but its a good movie and Stallone regained some of his (and Rocky's) dignity.  I just hope he doesn't screw it up 10 years from now by making another sequel when he's down on his luck and needs another hit movie.

I must break you.

Talking badly about part 4, that's crazy.  5, sure, stunk to high heavens.  But 4, no way.  C'mon, it's got Drago.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »

I must break you.

Talking badly about part 4, that's crazy.  5, sure, stunk to high heavens.  But 4, no way.  C'mon, it's got Drago.

You can't go wrong with the European Karate Champion being the bad guy.  4 was corny as times but still a good film. 

I enjoyed RB a lot.  It really is a fitting ending to have.  A friend of one of my co-workers is in the film in a bit part, which he had to tell me where to look and I seen it. 
Neville

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 04:24:41 PM »

C'on, guys, "Rocky IV" is not good. It's campy fun, even loads of fun, but certainly not good.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 09:13:45 PM »

C'on, guys, "Rocky IV" is not good. It's campy fun, even loads of fun, but certainly not good.
It's campy fun, sure.  I like it boatloads and consider it good.  Then again, most people disagree with the types of movies I consider 'good.'  I thought The Cable Guy was pure brilliance and I get laughed at every time.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Scott

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2008, 01:34:18 PM »

One of the best Rocky film moments are when he takes on Hulk "Thunderlips" Hogan.

Small | Large

InspectorDC
Dedicated Viewer

Man of low moral fiber

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 02:51:18 AM »

I thought Rocky Balboa was surprisingly good, until the actual fight started. Then it just went back to the old sins of the previous movies. Still all in all it was far better than I expected. 7\10 maybe.

Damn him for not giving Mr T a cameo though!  Hatred
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Rocky Balboa (2006) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.