Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:39:04 PM
714416 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  do you get ridculed for watching b movies? « previous next »
Poll
Question: well do you
yes i get very bad feed back from it
no everyone likes it or dosnt care
i dont tell anyone

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: do you get ridculed for watching b movies?  (Read 17114 times)
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

Nope, not anymore really.  My ex used to, but that's part of why she's my ex. 

Now, three of the six guys I live with (suite arrangement on campus) are B-movie nuts like myself, and we've got plans for a weekly B-movie screening once school resumes session in August.  We've even designed a B-movie drinking game, though we haven't fully agreed on a name (I favor "The Astounding Beer Monster", though "It Came from the Liquor Cabinet" is more popular and "Plan 9 for Utter S**tface" was quickly dismissed). 

My girlfriend's even taken to saying "Progress" in a deadpan voice after every sentence since watching The Beast of Yucca Flats with me. 

Come to think of it, the only person who ridicules my taste in cinema is one of the other three guys I live with, and he ridicules any movie or TV show that isn't "Naruto", "Kingdom of Heaven" or "Lord of the Rings."  We'll be watching something and he'll walk in and start talking over the movie, telling us what garbage it is and how we should be watching Naruto, and then we throw shoes at him until he leaves. 

the master
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »

Nope, not anymore really.  My ex used to, but that's part of why she's my ex. 

Now, three of the six guys I live with (suite arrangement on campus) are B-movie nuts like myself, and we've got plans for a weekly B-movie screening once school resumes session in August.  We've even designed a B-movie drinking game, though we haven't fully agreed on a name (I favor "The Astounding Beer Monster", though "It Came from the Liquor Cabinet" is more popular and "Plan 9 for Utter S**tface" was quickly dismissed). 

My girlfriend's even taken to saying "Progress" in a deadpan voice after every sentence since watching The Beast of Yucca Flats with me. 

Come to think of it, the only person who ridicules my taste in cinema is one of the other three guys I live with, and he ridicules any movie or TV show that isn't "Naruto", "Kingdom of Heaven" or "Lord of the Rings."  We'll be watching something and he'll walk in and start talking over the movie, telling us what garbage it is and how we should be watching Naruto, and then we throw shoes at him until he leaves. 
naruto and lord of the rings sucks dont know about kingdom of heaven
but peater jackson should of stayed in films like bad taste and dead alive
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 06:08:08 PM »

Hence why we throw shoes at him.  This coming semester we may not take the shoes off our feet before assaulting him with them. 

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 06:24:32 PM »

I really couldn't vote because I didn't see a close enough ballot.  Yes, some of my friend do some good natured ribbing on me becasue I like bad movies.  But they've also enjoyed some of the bad movies I've shown them like Wild World of Batwoman and Skydivers.

Even if I was teased more, I' not sure it would bother me that much.  I kind of like being into something not a lot of other people are into.  Not that there arn't bad movie fans-we're just not mainstream.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »

Most of the folks I know will look at my collection and glaze over, and I'll offer them a little movie crack, nothing to strong at first maybe a classic B movie something common. Then when I can see there getting hooked I'll show them the good stuff, the real B movies like Toxic Avenger or some of the Something Weird collection then their hooked, they're a junky ... a few have ended up in rehab unable to handle it.

I've only had one friend give me crap about watching bad movies, which he has never said anything since the day I saw him checking out of the video store with a couple of chick flicks ... girlie man.

the master
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »

hey! its my first topic sweet!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 04:15:45 PM »

I don't because nobody has any clue about any of the films I own, even the mainstream 80s ones....and that's somewhat sad, yes very sad indeed  Bluesad

Torgo

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 10:36:57 PM »

It used to really perplex my friends as I could watch a Kurosawa or Kubrick movie and then turn right around and pop in Black Dragon Fever or Megaforce and enjoy them the same amount in different ways of course.

Now, they've just gotten desensitized to how broad my cinematic tastes are (and music for that matter as well) and just roll with it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2008, 12:34:27 AM »

No. Iv'e lived in Lawton most my life. No one is shocked by or surprised by anything about me anymore...except how much more conservative I am as I get older...or the fact that I'm still alive. Besides....if someone did say something....I couldn't care less. As Doris Day (or Doris Wishman?) would say.... say sirhan,sirhan!".  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »

Most people just think it's funny that I like these movies, but I don't get much ridicule.  Although, sometimes my wife will see a guy in a rubber monster suit on the TV screen and just say, "Great," in a sarcastic tone as she walks by.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 01:43:46 PM »

once i told a girl about cannibal holocaust and she said "why whould you watch somthing
like that"?

That's the response I sometimes get.

But every now and then, I'll run into someone else who loves B-movies and trash cinema and we'll get a long conversation going.
I'll tell them about this site and my interview with George Hardy (the father from Troll 2) and they think it's the coolest thing.

One thing I noticed is the unusual amount of women who love bad movies.  (There's usually twice as many B-movie loving guys than there are girls)
I met this girl recently through a friend of a friend and when I mentioned bad movies, she started rattling off her favorite Troma, zombie and horror films.
Yeah...she was cool.   Wink
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 02:23:28 PM by Ash » Logged
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 01:47:41 PM »

My wife doesn't get it much at all.  Not to the "Will become my ex over it", but she'd rather watch people dying of cancer or the deep analysis of the mother-daughter relationship.  I want rubber monsters breaking stuff, or laser beams. 

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 01:58:08 PM »

I want rubber monsters breaking stuff, or laser beams. 

-Ed

Amen, brother.  Amen.  My wife was watching the new "Beverly Hills 90210" the other night.  I remarked that it would be a whole lot more interesting with a couple of zombies (or a radioactive mutant, alien monster, giant man-eating cockroaches, etc.)

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »

Amen, brother.  Amen.  My wife was watching the new "Beverly Hills 90210" the other night.  I remarked that it would be a whole lot more interesting with a couple of zombies
Zombies... Like Luke Perry in the original show?  BounceGiggle

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »

I remarked that it would be a whole lot more interesting with a couple of zombies (or a radioactive mutant, alien monster, giant man-eating cockroaches, etc.)

Yes. Radioactivity is always a good thing. It always makes things super powerful or giant or mutate.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  do you get ridculed for watching b movies? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.