Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:50:40 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  They Save Hitler's Brain « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: They Save Hitler's Brain  (Read 19573 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: July 02, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »

Reader review by Greg Smalley.  Hitler did not die at the end of World War II.  He fled to South America like any other disposable despot.  The defeated Nazi megalomaniac might only be a head in a jar, but he still wants to take over the world.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:11:25 AM »

Reader review by Greg Smalley.  Hitler did not die at the end of World War II.  He fled to South America like any other disposable despot.  The defeated Nazi megalomaniac might only be a head in a jar, but he still wants to take over the world.

BounceGiggle TeddyR I loved the "disposable despot" ~ I can think of a few leaders who need to be chucked away just that way.

Never glum a pony in the tonsils
BounceGiggle Brilliant! Karma for the smile that I still have while typing this.  TeddyR Smile
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 04:15:00 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:03:17 AM »

Hahaha, surely this was the inspiration for the head-in-a-jar bit on Futurama!

(... so if I like Futurama, does that mean I would enjoy this movie? Seems logical. Only one way to find out; I'm off to Netflix! yeehaw!)

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 02:45:34 PM »

I'd never heard of this film until my brother brought it home for me a few years back. It truly is awful in a way that no other movie has ever been since, yet at the same time it's a great thing to have in your collection just so people can say, "what is that?" To this day, whenever I'm out with my brother and friends and the topic turns to movies, he always says "tell them about your collection TongueOut " and this is the first title he names. It is an odd badge indeed Lookingup

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 05:46:32 PM »

This is a favorite of mine -- I especially love the Hitler actor screaming "Mach Schnell!!  Mach Schnell!!" over and over again to no discernable purpose.  Also how the actor playing Hitler had to stick his head through the seatcushions of the car set in order to be the "talking head in the jar".
I love also how the sound drops away completely from the Mandora side of the phone conversation at the very end -- They lost the soundtrack, but ran it anyway!!
For years I had a nicely packaged "Cinema de Caca" VHS copy of this, with nice Gothic lettering, etc.  Long gone.
Yeah, the backwards swastika is a hoot and a holler -- The only scene in the film to have some tension or something vaguely threatening to watch, and they get the insignia wrong!!
Lots of head-shaking laughs in this one, and, yes, the very very fake head of Hitler on fire is a wonderful thing to observe.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Happenstance
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 03:16:24 AM »

A severely-curtailed version of this aired on the terrific bad-movie show "The Canned Film Festival" with Laraine Newman. The movies they mocked had to be chopped waaaaay down because the show only ran for an hour. That remains the only version of "They Saved Hitler's Brain" that I can tolerate. (God, I still miss that show--and it's been a couple of decades.)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 01:41:43 AM »

They saved Hitler's Brain - again!

look here:

http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,3463061,00.html?maca=en-rss-en-ger-1023-rdf

Just read they gonna attach it back on. I presume he will be screaming "Mach schnell" while they're at it....

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
akiratubo

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »

This is one of those movies where EVERYTHING is wrong, somehow.  Ever single little detail of this movie is just off.  Truly something to behold.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 12:58:39 PM »

This may be the only cult movie my mother has seen, but I haven't!  She saw it on the late night show back in either the '70s or early '80s, and used to tell me about how bad it was.  This was slightly before the advent of VHS, so I was so envious I didn't get to see it.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  They Save Hitler's Brain « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.