Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:28:01 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "Metropolis" gains a couple of minutes « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: "Metropolis" gains a couple of minutes  (Read 26312 times)
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« on: July 03, 2008, 10:30:12 AM »

Obviously, they've found a unusually long version of Lang's classic in a cellar of an Argentinian museum. When the someone flew to Berlin and showed it to members of the Murnau Foundation, they found out it was one of the originals containing "quite a few" scenes that have not been seen by anyone for the last 80 years. Condition of the film role is poor, but they hope to restore it and want to reproduce the original. Supposedly some characters of the movie gain more depth and some motivations are better explained now.

Wow, movie history happening right now.

Sorry, I just have a link of a german journal. If you bother:

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/kino/0,1518,563593,00.html

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 10:51:35 AM »

Thumbup Good news! This amazing historically important film is now even closer to Lang's original vision.

Thumbdown Bad news! My copy of Kino's "Official Ultimate Maximumly Restored Version-No Kiddin' This Time!" METROPOLIS DVD released a few years ago is now soon to be drink coaster material.

FOR SALE - CHEAP!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 11:22:40 AM »

Thumbup Good news! This amazing historically important film is now even closer to Lang's original vision.

Thumbdown Bad news! My copy of Kino's "Official Ultimate Maximumly Restored Version-No Kiddin' This Time!" METROPOLIS DVD released a few years ago is now soon to be drink coaster material.

FOR SALE - CHEAP!

YESYESYYYYYEEEEESSS!

I knew I was right not to settle for "official-as-of-now-recreated-with-intertitles-versions" TeddyR TeddyR hot Cannot wait to see what's new! Keep up the good search, boys!! Twirling

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 12:07:41 PM »

So I guess this means I should release my copy of Lon Chaney's "London After Midnight" and the giant insect bits I cut from King Kong . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »

This is great news!  Hopefully the new footage contains some salacious red light district footage that was too hot for 1927!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »

Here is a ENGLISH version of the article ...

http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSL0344303820080704

I have the Kino Version, but soon as a more complete version comes out I'm getting it. Restored or not. I just knew somewhere out there was a more complete version. To much German stuff went here, there and everywhere during WWII.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »

Going from "About a quarter of the film is now considered lost" to "about 5 minutes is still missing" made me LOL, head tilted back and all! I slammed my hands together and thanked God; if finding that was possible then finding anything is possible!

Mr. Crane, bring 'em on ASAP TeddyR.

frank
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »

So I guess this means I should release my copy of Lon Chaney's "London After Midnight" and the giant insect bits I cut from King Kong . . .

OK, I trade the cut scenes from Casablanca (where it is too obvious that Bogart is shorter than Bergman), the alternate ending of 2001 (where everything makes sense) and the missing link for the giant insect Kink Kong bits.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 08:15:36 AM »

OK, I trade the cut scenes from Casablanca (where it is too obvious that Bogart is shorter than Bergman), the alternate ending of 2001 (where everything makes sense) and the missing link for the giant insect Kink Kong bits.

Be careful what you wish for, frank http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494244/

frank
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 08:40:14 AM »

Be careful what you wish for, frank http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494244/

Lemme see... I still offer the aforementioned items, but for the lost giant insect KinG Kong bits. I am willing, however, to offer my perfectly conditioned used movie ticket of KinG Kong (2005) for a couple of lost bits of KinK Kong...

the master
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »

:cheers:omigosh im about to have a heart attack i cant wait for blu ray version now
i just need a blu ray player Bluesad
peter johnson

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 06:21:40 PM »

More stuff turns up all the time --
Can everyone recall when Edison's Frankenstein (1910) was considered the no. 1 lost film of all time?  Well, they found it --
People have seen the missing bits from King Kong in the Phillippines, so some collector has it somewhere --
"London After Midnight" is out there too -- I just know it --
peter j/denny c

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »

"London After Midnight" is out there too -- I just know it --
peter j/denny c
How much do you have?

peter johnson

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 12:22:52 AM »

Oh, Mr. Briggs -- I do love your name -- Original "Mission Impossible" exploding tape player and all that --
That's just a joke -- Of course I have none of "London After Midnight" starring Lon Chaney, as that is one of the famous "Lost Films", of which this thread is addressing.  The fact that more footage of Fritz Lang has been discovered made me want to make a joke re. Other Famous Missing Films.
. . . however . . . if I dig here . . . AH!  Yes, there it is -- The genuine footage of the actual landing of flying saucer aliens that Dwight D. Eisenhower personally witnessed at Edwards Air Force Base in 1958!!  You can look it up --
Excuse me, please  . . . Some men in dark suits and sunglasses are knocking at my door.  Won't take a minute ..Be right back!
ppppprreehelepjjepeppep;jjdjehelpt heop help..
]

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 01:26:48 PM »

Hmmm...can the long lost Conrad Veidt/Bela Lugosi/F.W. Munrau  DER JANUS KOPHF or the test footage of Bela in FRANKENSTIEN (1931) be far behind?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  "Metropolis" gains a couple of minutes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.