Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:49:50 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  70'S VAMPIRE MOVIE?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 70'S VAMPIRE MOVIE??  (Read 48928 times)
316zombie
« on: July 05, 2008, 11:06:33 AM »

i'm trying to find this movie's title for a young friend.she says she remembers that there was a romance between a vamp and a nonvamp.her big memory is that the song sundown,by gordon lightfoot was in the movie.i can't find it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »

GANJA and HESS comes to mind...but no Gordon Lightfoot song to my knowledge. AFTER DARK,made in the 80's....but no Gordon Lightfoot either. Hmmmm...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 05:03:24 PM »

Assuming your friend isn't somehow confusing the Gordon Lightfoot song "Sundown" with a vague recollection of the movie "Sundown Vampires in Retreat" I'm going to have to get tetchy and whiney and say that's not a whole heck of a lot to go on.  Can you ask your friend if she remembers anything specific about the supposed romance?

There's probably a dozen or more movies that come to mind with that particular cliche but Gordon Lightfoot I wouldn't know from Jethro Tull if I heard it.   Wink

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
316zombie
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »

i'll ask her if she has any other info.she's positive the song is in the movie,and that she saw it before 77,as she moved that year and had no tv for roughly 10 years.poor kid!
316zombie
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 02:27:34 PM »

okay,a bit more info...she remembers that there was a blood transfusion,but not sure who got it,and that there are several scenes in a disco club...i know,not much help,sorry!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 06:41:50 PM »

Dam! This one has got me going! AFTER DARK has a transfusion scene,a love between vampire girl and human guy, and a scene in a bar...(not a disco)....the song in the bar was the CRAMPS -FEVER, though...dang it!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »

This should be easy if your friend's memory is correct.  I went and looked to see if any movies had licensed Gordon Lighfoot's "Sundown" but couldn't find any on IMDB, Wikipedia or Google.  It would be a perfect tune for a vampire movie, though.

I think the movie RC means is NEAR DARK (1987), which has the transfusion scene, the romance between and vampire and a nonvamp, and the bar scene.  But I just saw it recently and I'm 95% sure "Sundown" wasn't in it.  The rest of it seems to fit your friend's memory, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 05:12:55 AM »

This should be easy if your friend's memory is correct.  I went and looked to see if any movies had licensed Gordon Lighfoot's "Sundown" but couldn't find any on IMDB, Wikipedia or Google.  It would be a perfect tune for a vampire movie, though.

I think the movie RC means is NEAR DARK (1987), which has the transfusion scene, the romance between and vampire and a nonvamp, and the bar scene.  But I just saw it recently and I'm 95% sure "Sundown" wasn't in it.  The rest of it seems to fit your friend's memory, though.

NEAR DARK! DOH!
Of course...you are correct....color me braindead.  Lookingup
Yeah....I IMDB'ed it too....no sign of 'Sundown' in any vampire flik either. Huh....this one has got me stumped...

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2008, 10:19:44 AM »

okay,a bit more info...she remembers that there was a blood transfusion,but not sure who got it,and that there are several scenes in a disco club...i know,not much help,sorry!

Only one disco themed vampire movie springs to mind: NOCTURNA.  Alas I've never seen it so I have no idea if this is the movie you are looking for.  If it's not NOCTURNA maybe it's DANCE WITH A VAMPIRE or TO SLEEP WITH A VAMPIRE, though those took place in strip clubs not disco clubs.  But memory sometimes plays tricks on us so who knows.

316zombie
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2008, 01:54:37 PM »

the biggest problems seem to be the sundown song,and the time frame.she's positive she saw it before 1977.she says somewhere between 72 and 76...this is driving me nuts too,if that's any consolation... Drink
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »

Per Wikipedia "Sundown" was released in 1974, so that should limit it to 1974-1976 vampire movies... unless your friend's memory is off.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
316zombie
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2008, 06:34:52 PM »

she is really stonecold that the song was in the movie,but i'm going to ask her aunt,she always took the kids to the drivein,and has a great photomemory sometimes..i'm seriously wondering if sundown was in a trailer/preview...off to search imdb,isp willing...thanks for your help,guys,i appreciate it!
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2008, 10:29:33 PM »

DANCE WITH A VAMPIRE? Good gravy what a brainfart!  Yet, funny how I referenced a contemporary movie with a disco vampire theme.  Didn't even realize I knew it existed.

I of course meant DANCE OF THE DAMNED.  It's a Corman flick from '88.

Cheers

Chelle
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 08:04:18 AM »

Are you guys talking about "Love at first bite"? It stars George Hamilton as Dracula and he falls in love with the model Susan Saint James. Here's the synopsis:

Dracula has never been so funny and dashing - to say nothing of being an awesome disco dancer - as in this "delightful movie with a bang-up cast" (The New York Times) led by the epitome of suave, George Hamilton, and featuring first-rate performances from Susan Saint James, Richard Benjamin, Dick Shawn, Arte Johnson, Sherman Hemsley and Isabel Sanford! Evicted from Transylvania, Dracula (Hamilton) goes to New York to make Cindy (Saint James), a model with an old soul, his eternal bride. To his delight, she quickly falls for his necking style. But when her would-be boyfriend (Benjamin), a descendant of the vampire-killing Van Helsings, meets his romantic rival, he's determined to put a stake in the count's plans!
kvicki
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 06:24:51 PM »

I know exactly the movie you're looking for, only I can't remember the title either.  It was a campy, cute vampire movie.  Although, I don't remember "Sundown" in the soundtrack, but I think I remember "all by myself."  Told you it was a campy movie.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  70'S VAMPIRE MOVIE?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.