Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:24:47 AM
714507 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pro Wrestlers in Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Pro Wrestlers in Films  (Read 4411 times)
Future Blob
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2002, 08:33:25 PM »

I still think the Big Show would be great in a movie...imagine having the traditional "Psycho-killer locked up" intro, then cutting to a scene and having the bad guy have to DUCK to get through a doorway, looming over all of the other people, ect? I dunno, maybe I'm just too much in love with the giant unstoppable killer idea...
Scott
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2002, 09:27:01 PM »

Remember Doink  the evil clown years ago in the WWF? With the music and facial expressions that were pre Mick Foley's character, but Mick Foley could do a better interview and that music from Ode to Freud was great. It would make a great movie above KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE.
Vermin Boy
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2002, 10:29:20 PM »

I'm not a big wrestling fan, but I do have a bit of a soft spot for Blassie, mainly thanks to his song, Pencil Neck Geek. A couple of years ago I got my dad a vinyl copy of his album, "I Bite the Songs"-- definitely one of the more unique gifts that Christmas. "My Breakfast With Blassie" is a takeoff of "My Dinner with Andre"-- basically a 45-minute conversation between Blassie and Andy Kaufman (who was also sort of a wrestler, come to think of it) at a greasy-spoon diner. I haven't seen the whole thing, but one of these days when I'm in the right mindset I'll sit down and watch it.
BlackAngel
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2002, 01:54:51 AM »

Check out one of those Critters movies, you can find a young (and much slimmer) Undertaker as one of those bounty hunters.

One other thing, I remember Doink the Clown too.  What I want to know from you wrestling enthusists, who was Doink? I was thinking it was an existing wrestler we already know (like Ax from Demolition).  They took the show off regular tv before I got to find out.  

And how about this: Big Poppa Pump and The Godfather in, "Pimpin ain't Easy" (a comedy) playing rival pimps.  With Scotty 2 Hotty and Grandmaster Sex-ay of 2CooL, and  Albert.

And one more question: Where is the other guy from the Rockers?
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2002, 02:34:57 PM »

"Night and the City" This is the 1950 version. Not the 1992 version w/ Robert DeNiro. Call the earlier version London film noire. A great cast of older starts. Some Brits like Francis L. Sullivan and Herbert Lom. Some Americans like Richard Widmark, Gene Tierney, and Hugh Marlowe. Enjoy!
Lee
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2002, 04:44:09 PM »

You mean Marty Janety(sp?)? I heard he has a tendancy to get himself in trouble and then get fired for it.

As for Rob Van Damm, I read an interview he did with a magazine. That cocky bastard said that the perfect match would be him against himself. I already didn't like the guy and this was the straw that broke the camels back! Maybe if he would just shut up every now and then I might beable to tolerate him(and maybe Albert Pyun ia just a film away from winning the Oscar.).
AndyC
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2002, 06:45:46 PM »

Captain Lou's performance as Frank the Fixer in Wise Guys is hilarious. One of my favourite comedies.
andy80
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2002, 07:19:55 PM »

kevin nash was in one of the ninja turtles flicks as Super Shredder.  The big Japanese guy in the Running Man was a wrestler as well.   No Holds Barred is my favorite movie starring a wrestler (Hogan).  Everytime they show a close up of Zeus's face, with his lazy eye and unibrow, I crack up.  Kurt Fuller gives his best performance in that movie.
Hamish
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2002, 02:21:41 AM »

Ready to Rumble with that dude from Scream & all the wcw wrestlers
Scott
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2002, 12:52:06 PM »

Marty Jannety's partner was Shawn Micheals who later became world champion and is out of t he sport now due to a back injury.

I'd love to see Freddie Blassie in that film with Andy Kaufman. Also the songs you mentioned above. I have a large album of JESSE VENTURA singing "The Body Rules" and "Showdown with Mr. V" from is AWA days in 1982.

The original Doink the Clown was "Maniac" Matt Borne who was a second generation wrestler.

The old pro wrestling shows from the 70's would fit in good with a 24 hour B-Movie Channel format. Along with the old versions of Roller Derby.

The best acts in wrestling history are:

Georgeous George
Superstar Graham
The Valient Brothers
Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
Mankind
Terry Funk
Dusty Rhodes
Doink the Clown
The Fabulous Freebirds
Kevin Sullivan
Undertaker
Steve Austin
The Shiek
Abdullah the Butcher
Andre  the Giant
Luke Bannon
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2002, 02:50:04 AM »

Yeah, ready to rumble is the film with David Arquette and the WCW guys in it.

Lou Albano was also in this film called 'Body Slam' as Captain Lou Marano, basically playing himself. Roddy Piper and the Tonga Kid were also in it
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Pro Wrestlers in Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.