Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:29:46 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How does your state rate on the Interactive Alcohol map « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How does your state rate on the Interactive Alcohol map  (Read 5832 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: July 11, 2008, 12:04:37 PM »

I see North Dakota is number 1 in underage drinking. Why does that not surprise me?

http://www.fdlreporter.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/99999999/WIS0110/399990694/1979

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 01:42:25 PM »

Pennsylvania is 26 overall, I guess we would probably be at least in the top 25.  I figured it would be higher for the underage part since I know lots of minors who drink and also for the fact that we have a top rated party school in our state. 
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:14:18 PM »

Pennsylvania is 26 overall, I guess we would probably be at least in the top 25.  I figured it would be higher for the underage part since I know lots of minors who drink and also for the fact that we have a top rated party school in our state. 
I figured PA would have been higher.  Hell, the amount of minors that drink is really high (I work with a bunch of minors and kids under 21, and hear/see things.)

I'm just glad I'm 24 now.  Least I can go to the bar.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 10:25:30 PM »

What the hell? Kentucky is only 44 with all the bourbon distilleries here ... we're not trying hard enough. I'm getting another drink dammit I'm doing my part.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:41:54 PM »

Interesting. The least drinking is pretty much right through the Bible Belt, and in Mormon country. Makes sense.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 11:39:57 AM »

RI...number one in drunk driving fatalities and number 47 on the list for arrests for alcohol related crimes.  Related, maybe?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »

MIchigan is number 24. I thougfht it would be closer to the top ten. Mebbe I'm just thinking of Van Buern County. Or mebbe these maps have no clue to how many backwoods folks drink. I think mebbe the latter. I really don't put to much stock in "surveys". Seem to be a lot of groups are missing (IE: rich people who get away with alchohol related offensives due to buying themselves out of it,and backwoods estimates are as acurate as ufo reports. Most 'nation wide polls"" don't cover anything except the people and organizations they poll. The whole picture....the TRUE picture...will NEVER be known. Basically...it's all BS. Most anything covered by the media is all half truth and guesses....the mass media reports sooo much crap as fact it's unreal. I believe NOTHING I hear...and only half of what I see,as far as the news goes.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 07:45:02 PM »

I can't see the results on my screen.  What did iowa rank?
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 11:31:43 PM »

I'm also interested in Illinois' ranking.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 05:12:34 PM »

I'm also interested in Illinois' ranking.

Iowa is up at #13,and Illinois is #19.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »

What the hell? Kentucky is only 44 with all the bourbon distilleries here ... we're not trying hard enough. I'm getting another drink dammit I'm doing my part.

Don't worry, Cheeze, I just moved to the state.  Our rankings should go up next year.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:50:56 AM »

California is #34 overall, could it be because the #1 cash crop in this state is marijuana.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »

Wyoming is #4, but you can but Liquor at the drive through there.  Thats got to be worth bonus points.  WI wonder why western high desert/prarie states are the highest?
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 02:15:09 PM »

I figured PA would have been higher.  Hell, the amount of minors that drink is really high (I work with a bunch of minors and kids under 21, and hear/see things.)

I'm just glad I'm 24 now.  Least I can go to the bar.

The amount of minors who drink is really high where I live as well.  When I was still in High School, (I'm basing my guess off my senior year not any of the other years) I could guess that a major of my classmates (I'm guess 75 to 80% could be higher) were drinkers since I heard lotd of things in study hall and in general.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 08:31:22 PM »

Wyoming is #4, but you can but Liquor at the drive through there.  Thats got to be worth bonus points.  WI wonder why western high desert/prarie states are the highest?
-Ed

In places where it is cold and there's low population density, there's not much for teens to do to entertain themelves in winter but drink.  Northern New England scores high, too.  I had a friend from Vermont, he was as experienced a drinker at 18 as I was at 25.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How does your state rate on the Interactive Alcohol map « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.