Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:06:58 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  demons 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: demons 2  (Read 1975 times)
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 26, 2008, 11:37:02 PM »

wow, i'm on the fence on this one. it's actually not entirely bad, but there are so many errors in this film.

okay, the first big error i noticed, besides the usual stuff we see in these types of films, is the scene where the woman lets her dog back into her apartment. "i forgot i'd left you out there!", she says. okay, IN THE HALLWAY? who lets their dog "out" into the hallway of their apartment complex?!

also, the sub-plots with sally's parents who are out on the town and the parents who try to call the boy they left home alone never get resolved. wtf?

i do have to give them points for never going for that obvious "twist ending" they could have sprung just like in the first film.

there were a couple of scenes where the frames looked really jittery/fluttery, but this might have just been a problem with the edition that anchor bay released.

wait, how dare i forget how hokey the dog-demon looked, and how weak the new "sprouted" demon looked compared to the one from the first film.

it was kind of nice to see the coked-up punk from the first flick back as the building security officer, and the jive-talking pimp as the exercise room trainer.

did anyone else notice the he-man snake mountain playset around 48:20? classic.

DevilbytheDeed
New Visitor

Stylish assassin extraordinaire

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 10:54:59 PM »

I always have a riot watching the Demons movies. The absurdity at times almost approaches godlike brilliance. And yes, bonus points to Bava and Argento for hiring the guy that played Tony the Pimp in the first movie to play the weight trainer guy in this one. If there's one thing about this one that I didn't care for, it's probably that the ending wasn't as bats**t crazy as the first one's was.
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:54:57 AM »

true dat.

the commentary clued me in to something that i probably didn't want to know. the actress who played sally was also in evil dead clutch. bleargh. Thumbdown

Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 08:04:29 AM »

Demons 3 (later dubbed The Red Church) was full of flaws but I still enjoyed it despite its lack of gore and unlikeable characters.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »

well, as i understand it, dario argento wanted to market the church as the third demons film, but didn't for some reason or another. i don't think it actually has an official third sequel, as lamberto bava, during the demons 2 commentary suggests that a third one could be made if the right story came along. however, not only is the church often considered the third sequel, so is black demons and lamberto bava's own tv movie the ogre. gotta' love opportunistic italian film marketing, right?

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »

Demons 2 is good, definitely a very bad movie though! Out of all of them I'd my favourite is the first movie.

Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »

The 2nd Demons is an enjoyably bad movie.  Much like the 1st one IMO.  I own them both on DVD.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 09:28:54 PM »

I was lucky to have seen both films during their initial releases in 1985 and 1986 respectively.  Demons is one of my all-time favorite horror films, but I wish I could say the same for Demons 2, which I felt was a major disappointment.

One Demons 2 scene I liked, however, was the opening scene with the Demon city caked in detergent powder coming out of industrial piping.  Very post-apocalyptic & scary!

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  demons 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.