Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:55:51 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 60440 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 04:16:49 PM »

The film was awesome...

I have to agree with Kirok about Bale....he does a fantastic job playing Batman...a perfect choice if you ask me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:21:43 PM »

I was hoping to see this Tuesday, as that was my day off from work.  But I was informed that I do have work.  Yay.  So now I gotta wait til the 26th.

But it looks awesome.  Shame Ledger died before it came out.  I did make my MySpace background Heath's Joker though.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 11:40:03 PM »

We just saw the film. ...  Outstanding.

Ledger nailed, just nailed, the Joker. 

:(
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »

My wife and i went to see this one tonight, and it was INCREDIBLE!!

Ledger radiates pure evil as the Joker.  I don't know that I have ever seen such a convincing villain in any film, or one as disturbing.  I can see how that role killed him, frankly.  The emotional impact of having to become such a pure psychopath for any movie must have been considerable, and it's no wonder he had trouble sleeping afterward.  The man truly sacrificed himself for his art.

My biggest - well, my only real disappointment in the film was the girl who played Rachel.  I know she was chosen for her physical resemblance to Katie Holmes, but frankly, she looked like Katie might if she had been on heroin for a couple of years.  Not an attractive look at all.

Eckhart was brilliant as Harvey Dent, and Michael Caine and Aaron Eckhart were great in their roles too.  What a film! I can't wait to see the next installment in this franchise.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 08:08:02 AM »

I'm curious to see where they go with the series now. Since they didn't really introduce or hint at a new villain, anything can happen. I wonder what Batman baddie they'll use next.... hmmm.....

IndianaSmith.... thank God I'm not the only guy on the planet that thought Maggie Gyllenhall  was hideous in the film. She is clearly a better actress than Katie Holmes, but on the flipside, Katie is definitely better looking... at least in my opinion.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »

I just saw it and it was a fun watch.  Heath Ledger shines with sadistic delight as The Joker.  He truly captures the anarchist nature of the character and his dangerously unpredictable ways.  It truly says something for an actor to disappear into his role and Ledger did that nicely.  Thanks Heath, your memory lives on in this film. 

The film kind of wastes too much time on Harvey and Rachel IMHO. Two-Face ends up kind of being excess baggage in the plot line.  I'm with the anti Gyllenhall replacement camp, there is something odd looking about her.  That and the shaky camera thing which Anubis mentioned. 

Overall its a good film, easily one of the best of the summer.  Perhaps now we can do Bane justice in the next sequel. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pilgermann

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 02:57:49 PM »

I got to watch it a few days ago and I really liked it.  There are aspects that I didn't care for, but I won't go much into those since it's a great experience overall.  Ledger is amazing as the Joker.  The way the character was written and the way he performed him is perfect.

Jim H

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 05:50:40 PM »

Just saw it.  Very, very good.  It's an improvement in nearly every way over Batman Begins, which I feel is a good film, but not much beyond that.

Oh yes, and there is WAAAAAY less shakey-cam in this than in the first.  They still use close pretty tight shots in the fight scenes, and some of it is handheld, but it is shot much better.  In general, you can actually tell what is going on, and the fight scenes are much better for it.

I can't disagree that Ledger was excellent.  His character was very well written, and works marvelously.  I particularly like how they actually get into that his goons are lunatics - which is something of a stickler in the comics (as an aside, from most reports the best Batman villain to work for is the Penguin).  The film almost totally had me until towards the end.  I feel the stuff with Two Face was a bit too quickly put up into the film.  It's somewhat akin to Venom in Spider-Man 3, though not nearly as bad.  Still, overall, a very good film.

My rating is a 9/10.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »

I feel the stuff with Two Face was a bit too quickly put up into the film.  It's somewhat akin to Venom in Spider-Man 3, though not nearly as bad.  Still, overall, a very good film.

What about The Scarecrow? From my memory he was gone pretty quick in the first movie, he is he present any more in this one?

I haven't seen the film yet but I hear very, very good things. The old cliche was that all comic book movies sucked, but that seems to have changed monumentally within 1 year. Right now The Dark Knight is #1 on the IMDB's top 250 Buggedout , effectively "whacking" The Godfather by 4 points BounceGiggle http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0468569

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
sideorderofninjas
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »

Batman Begins had so many things like the origin and training it had to introduce.  Dark Knight had already most of the back story introduced previously so it can go straight to the story.  And what a story...

Think just having Dent become Two-Face by the end to use him as the villain for the 3rd movie would have seemed to make more sense like how Batman Begins just gave us the hint of the Joker. 

This Batman movie has found the one thing that all the others never had but always needed...Zeus from Hulk Hogan's masterpiece No Holds BArred: Tiny Lister...

SideOrderOfNinjas
http://www.sideorderofninjas.com

"Wielding useless trivia like a katana."
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 01:17:03 AM »

"The Dark Knight" is racking up some impressive victories thus far:
  • Currently NUMBER ONE on IMDB's top #250 Movies List!
  • Debuted on more screens than "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" on opening day.
  • Holds the current record for most pre-sold tickets; a record formerly held by "Spider-Man 3."
  • Midnight debut of "Dark Knight" ($18.9 million) beat out "Star Wars Episode III" by 1.6 million dollars!
  • First day total of $66.4 million beats out the opening day total of "Spider-Man 3." "Dark Knight" could go all the way and beat out Spidey 3's first weekend take of $151 million!

Here's hoping for "HIGHEST GROSSING MOVIE OF ALL TIME," a title still held by James Cameron's "Titanic."  Hatred C'mon gang, go see this movie so that Batman can rule supreme over a sinking love boat!

-----
The Vault Master
-----
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 01:30:17 AM »

Alrighy, heres my 2 cents:

AWESOME batman movie. Two-Face was awesome. Best two-face yet. Joker, great, couldve laughed more often, but still good. Didnt NAIL it, but good. And why was he chewing on something the whole time? that got on my nerves.

Anyway, i saw it opening night. I was the only dude dressed up for the affair save 3 little kids with joker make-up on. I got up to take a leak before the show started and I ended up getting pictures taken with maybe 15 different people. It ruled. My big complaint was that the story was a little hard to follow. Alot of different thinges were going on at once. it left me a lilttle confused.

SPOILER!!!!

Horraay for Batmans love intrest being DEAD! Batman doesnt need a doddamn love intrest! HES BATMAN! But unfortunatly, this probobly means that catwoman will be in the next one to replace rachel. Lame.

END SPOILERS!!!!!

I think this should be the last movie in the franchise, because from where I see it, it can only go downhill from here.
IF they do make another one, the villian should either be

*MR FREEZE (played by Patrick Stewert?)

or BANE.

And howabout that WATCHMEN trailer? WAY COOL!

And howabout that SPIRIT trailer? SUPER LAME!

and heres a pic of my duds before I went to the show:

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 11:17:51 AM »

Two things KYGOTC:
1. I don't think Joker was chewing anything during the film, but he was licking his upper lip super frequently. Sort of a strange tick that ole Joker probably developed after "his smile was widened" if you catch my drift.  Twirling  Wink

2. Your Joker outfit is friggin' amazing! Good job man. I can see why people took pictures with you. My only question is this: Why is that dude in the bottom left hand corner of the photo groping for your nuts?

As for your comments on the film, I'm totally with you on Two Face. (WAY better than Tommy Lee Jones in my opinion.) I'm looking forward to picking up "Dark Knight" on DVD (probably around Christmas is my guess for a DVD/Blu-Ray debut) because I really want to see how they did Aaron Eckhart's makeup. I figure that CGI was used to enhance things, but damn it looked so cool; I wanna know how they did it!!! I'm also with you on the whole love interest angle.

However, I think you should give the movie a second go; that way you can clear up any confusion you had with the plot and study Heath ledger's actions a bit more closely. You're obviously a big fan of the Joker, so I can see why you don't think that Heath Ledger nailed the role entirely, but truthfully, I don't think anyone is ever going to come closer. Plus going to see it again will help the film break more box office records and shove the mighty "Titanic" out of its position as top grossing film of all time.  Wink

I think "Bane" would be cool if a third Batman film is made (with all the hype and resulting ticket sales, how could they not want to do a third?), especially if he barges into Wayne Manor and breaks Batman's back. Heck, I think a (non-Jim Carrey) Riddler would be cool for the third installment. And if Catwoman is involved, it best not be Halle Berry. I'll boycott the film right off the bat (pun intended) if that happens! Personally, I'd like to see Killer Croc cause some carnage on the big screen.

The "Watchmen" trailer looked amazing (its over at Apple.com/trailers now); "The Spirit" struck me as being a sort of "Sin City" meets "The Green Hornet." Though I'm annoyed that Samuel L. Jackson is in it (God, what movie ISN'T he in these days?) as a black Nazi Russian with dual big-ass machine guns, I may give it a go when it comes out.

Well, I'm off to see "Dark Knight" again. Later guys and ghouls!

-----
The Vault Master
-----
Jim H

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 06:35:50 PM »

IF they do make another one, the villian should either be

*MR FREEZE (played by Patrick Stewert?)

or BANE.

Nolan said the Penguin was "too silly" to be a villain for his Batman universe, so I don't know how they could really pull off Mr. Freeze.  Bane maybe, if they toned him down a notch.  Croc could be a secondary villain, as I don't think he'd work as the primary. 

Oh, and on a small note, the Scarecrow does have a presence in The Dark Knight, but it's a minor one.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 08:04:20 PM »

http://I think "Bane" would be cool if a third Batman film is made (with all the hype and resulting ticket sales, how could they not want to do a third?), especially if he barges into Wayne Manor and breaks Batman's back
Bane's story is awesome (especially the events leading up to Batman's fall) and I hope they utilize him because he is a cold and calculating foe.  Also obviously very powerful.  In a way I'm with KYGOTC about the series going downhill but I have high hopes they'll do the right thing and keep it dark.  With the exception of Bane's story, I'd say the best shot of keeping the series from tanking is do one villain at a time.  Thats partially why I was a little disappointed with the Two Face character in this movie.  That and the little time given to him. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.