Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:09:22 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 60441 times)
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »

Interesting discussion.  As for where to go with the villains in the next one and yet retain some sort of realism, it's hard to say.  I always liked the stories that had serial killers so Bats can really display his detective skills.

Here's my opinions on some popular Batman villains:

Talia Al Ghul - Ras's daughter, which would inevitably bring us full circle back to Ras possibly?  Could be interesting as a romantic angle as well.

Deadshot - this villain was never given any screen time in TAS due to the firearms thing; perhaps we could get a proper portrayal.  Of course, he's just an assassin working for "someone" eles.

The Clock King: I wish.  Besides the silly gimmick, this guy is kinda awesome just with his efficiency skills.  I seriously doubt he'd ever get any screen time though.

The Mad Hatter -a bit creepy and already kinda used (Batman Forever's Riddler was reallyt a Riddler/Mad Hatter hybrid. Not sure Mad Hatter would be too interesting of an enemy.

Hush - could be great - could have been better if had a hint about him in Bruce's flashbacks

Bane - maybe it could work ...but hopefully not yet

Maxie Zeus: no way

Vintriloquist and Scarface: not likely

Hugo Strange - mad scientist type - could be a bit part, nothing more

Scarecrow - the only way to work him in is like they did in TDK - a small scene with him being a small time deal.

Man-bat -although it'd be cool, it's not too realistic

Red Claw - leader of an assassin cult/crime organization - not too interesting

Black Mask - I don't know much about this guy, honestly

Killer Croc - maybe, although he was kinda already used as Penguin in Batman Returns was kinda a hybrid between Croc and Penguin.

Mr. Freeze - no thanks ...still bitter about Batman & Robin; check out Heart of Ice or Subzero for a proper story for this guy.

Rupert Thorn - always a good mob boss

Penguin - only as some kind of mob boss who has only a small scene and/or a bit part

Firefly - not well known or very iconic in the Batman legacy.

Riddler - would be great if they could do it right

Roxy Rocket - don't think so

Poison Ivy - not quite

Catwoman - boooring, IMO

Harley - no way

Clayface -too far out there

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
Dr_Malavaqua
Dedicated Viewer

Blind & vengeful

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2008, 06:12:49 PM »

Is it just me, or were there some hints pointing towards a Catwoman appearance in the future?(UNFORTUNATELY!)

Two main things:
1. About half an hour into the movie Fox and Wayne talk about the new suit:..

Wayne: How will it hold up against dogs?

Fox: Are we talkin' rottweilers or chihuahuas?
(pause)
Fox: ..It should do fine against cats.

CUT to next scene..
*Hmm, anybody?*

2. The overall DOG theme of the movie..
The mafia had dogs, which were seen/or referenced to several times.. They attacked Batman in the beginning, they are seen/heard when the Joker has the huge mob stack of cash... The Joker: "..and then we'll see how loyal a hungry dog really is." And finally dogs chase after the Dark Knight in the final shot of the movie!
IF this one actually had a DOG theme, wouldn't it, sadly, be followed by a say CAT theme?

Thoughts about these observation?

I liked the film as a whole very much. I think Batman Begins is a great movie(especially Batman-wise) but this one takes the cake with Heath's villain-of-the-decade performance as icing on the cake!
The main problems I had was Two-Face - after the transformation the character suffered a lot if you ask me..(Agree with you Neville about him becoming a lame plot device) I even think the acting performance started to go downhill..
And the voice actually started to become a bit silly towards the end, especially in the final confrontation with Two-Face were he speaks a bit lower, and then suddenly Batman interrupts with an even darker voice..both sounding very contrived!(I almost laughed out loud in the theatre!) But all-in-all, great movie looking forward to the next one, but I think it will be hard to top this.. TeddyR

"...and there was much rejoicing!"
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »

Ive never liked Catwoman. As far as Im concerned, Batman has no time for a love intrest. But as we all know, hollywood throws them in there anyway.

Im still pushing for either BANE or MR. FREEZE as the next villian, if not Two-Face.

(I know everyone still has a bad taste left in there mouth from BATMAN AND ROBIN and never want to see MR. FREEZE again, but if you read the comics and watch the cartoon, you'll see that Freeze is actually a very in-depth serious charecter with a motive an a heart of ice. Go watch any given Mr. Freeze episode from the 90's animated series. You'll know what I mean.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

Interesting discussion.  As for where to go with the villains in the next one and yet retain some sort of realism, it's hard to say.  I always liked the stories that had serial killers so Bats can really display his detective skills.

Here's my opinions on some popular Batman villains:

Talia Al Ghul - Ras's daughter, which would inevitably bring us full circle back to Ras possibly?  Could be interesting as a romantic angle as well.

Deadshot - this villain was never given any screen time in TAS due to the firearms thing; perhaps we could get a proper portrayal.  Of course, he's just an assassin working for "someone" eles.

The Mad Hatter -a bit creepy and already kinda used (Batman Forever's Riddler was reallyt a Riddler/Mad Hatter hybrid. Not sure Mad Hatter would be too interesting of an enemy.

Man-bat -although it'd be cool, it's not too realistic

Killer Croc - maybe, although he was kinda already used as Penguin in Batman Returns was kinda a hybrid between Croc and Penguin.

Penguin - only as some kind of mob boss who has only a small scene and/or a bit part

Riddler - would be great if they could do it right

Harley - no way

Clayface -too far out there

Talia could happen, but I doubt she'd be a main villain.

Mad Hatter- could be used, I'd like it personally, but only if it's written well.

Deadshot- Could be used.  Give him a backstory, and he could be working for Dent in the next one, with Dent hoping to seek revenge on Batman, who he feels 'let him down' when they tried to get Joker.

Man-Bat- Was considered for an earlier flick, following Batman and Robin, but they ended up cancelling the flick.  Could work.

Penguin- One I want to see done.  I'd have him as a crime boss/club owner who essentially gave up crime life (publicly, at least), but is still involved somehow.  Possibly helping Batman by giving up other villains to allow himself gain more power.  Similar to the comics. But, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would have to play him.

Riddler- If done right, could be very interesting.  I'd actually like to see Crispin Glover in the role.

Harley- I like her.  If I were working on the script, I'd have it setup some way that she hears about Batman getting Joker locked up in Arkham, and she shows up in town to possibly help Dent break Joker out.  Granted she'd fail at the end, but eh. 

I'd also like to see Humpty Dumpty in one.  Nothing says "psycho" like a guy who kills his grandmother, hacks her apart, then sews her back together again just to 'fix' her because she made fun of him.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Inferno
Bad Movie Lover

Resident Jenova's Witness

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2008, 09:36:21 PM »

Help me out here.
Didn't Dent DIE in TDK? I know people want Two-Face to be the next villian, but is he dead or just out cold at the end there? Question
I do think the Mad Hatter is a decent choice. Considering how many crazies were set loose out of Arkham in Begins, I wouldn't be suprised if he showed up.
Also:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/Shadowfire_Razaron/fbgugg.gif  BounceGiggle
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 05:46:02 AM »

Penguin- One I want to see done.  I'd have him as a crime boss/club owner who essentially gave up crime life (publicly, at least), but is still involved somehow.  Possibly helping Batman by giving up other villains to allow himself gain more power.  Similar to the comics. But, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would have to play him.

Totally agree! I think Hoffman would be the perfect choice. I would like to see a new villan used though and not have the films going in the order that the original films did. Man-bat would be awesome too as long as it's not all CGI. I hate that.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2008, 08:40:30 AM »

Help me out here.
Didn't Dent DIE in TDK? I know people want Two-Face to be the next villian, but is he dead or just out cold at the end there? Question
I do think the Mad Hatter is a decent choice. Considering how many crazies were set loose out of Arkham in Begins, I wouldn't be suprised if he showed up.
Also:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/Shadowfire_Razaron/fbgugg.gif  BounceGiggle

How many villains over the years "died", only to come back at some point?  Besides, Batman doesn't kill villains.  I think he's just 'knocked out', awaiting his return.  They never really had a 'funeral' in the movie.  Granted, they had that thing with Gordon and Dent's picture in the background, and for all accounts DENT is dead, not Two-Face.  Dent died when Joker scarred him.  Two Face was born the second he snapped and started killing people.  So yeah, I look at it that way.

Totally agree! I think Hoffman would be the perfect choice. I would like to see a new villan used though and not have the films going in the order that the original films did. Man-bat would be awesome too as long as it's not all CGI. I hate that.

Nolan's a little against having the Penguin, as it's 'unrealistic.'  But the way the comics now have him, with owning a club, giving Batman tips to gain an advantage over other villains, etc, it could be interesting.  Batman could see him as an ally, only to find out Penguin's been helping him only to turn his back on Bats when he gained enough power in the underworld.

Neville

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2008, 04:36:59 AM »

I think this is going to be a problem. I mean, the fact that many of Batman classical villains don't seem to fit into the realistic universe Nolan has developed in these two movies.

I would have loved to see more of Rhaz As Ghul or whatever his name is. The whole Lazarus pits thing could mean we could have a Batman movie completely set outside Gotham City. That would be refreshing. But then, this villain was already used in "Batman begins", and as far as we know he's dead.

BTW, just seen this elsewhere. Found it very funny:

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2008, 04:40:27 AM »

Maybe they'll create an entirely new villain?

-Kane Hodder for Bane

Neville

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2008, 04:43:19 AM »

That would be interesting, yes.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2008, 08:13:16 AM »

Maybe they'll create an entirely new villain?

-Kane Hodder for Bane
They could create a new villain, but that's also kind of a slap in the face to everyone that's ever been involved in creating the comic, as well as every fan (the people who'd see the movie) face.

I mean, what's unrealistic about the Penguin?  His appearance?  There's lots of people with deformities out there in the world.  Or is it the character itself?  I mean, what underworld boss hasn't sold out other criminals to make themselves gain more ground?  Mobsters do it, petty criminals do it, so why can't the Penguin, especially when it's Hoffman?

I also say Riddler can show up. 

Inferno
Bad Movie Lover

Resident Jenova's Witness

« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2008, 06:53:18 AM »

Penguin doesn't really need physical deformities. The old Adam West Batman's penguin was just a regular guy with a weird-ass speech impediment if I remember correctly.
I would like to see how Riddler played out if they decided to use him. Maybe someone who was inspired by the Joker and took it to the next level. I.e. Joker clearly states he'll blow up a hospital but doesn't say which one, The Riddler says he'll blow something up and leaves clues to where/what it is.
Neville

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:04 PM »

Another funny parody...

Small | Large

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2008, 06:02:17 PM »

I already posted that on Page 4.   TongueOut  TeddyR

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Torgo

« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2008, 07:54:53 PM »

That's awesome.  Karma for you!  Thumbup

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.