Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:36:55 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: THE DARK KNIGHT  (Read 60442 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2008, 02:50:44 AM »

I already posted that on Page 4.   TongueOut  TeddyR

(Annoyed grunt)

Sorry about that, haven't checked the whole thread yet.  BounceGiggle

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Caronte
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2008, 06:57:57 AM »

AMAZING!!!

A solid script, great characters, the most "realistic" superheromovie ever (I find it more related to "HEAT" than with any superhero movie), the joker was great!, it's a pity he can't be in the third part (I guess Nolan will close the trilogy).

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2008, 07:56:51 AM »

Help me out here.
Didn't Dent DIE in TDK? I know people want Two-Face to be the next villian, but is he dead or just out cold at the end there? Question
I do think the Mad Hatter is a decent choice. Considering how many crazies were set loose out of Arkham in Begins, I wouldn't be suprised if he showed up.
Also:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/Shadowfire_Razaron/fbgugg.gif  BounceGiggle

How many villains over the years "died", only to come back at some point?  Besides, Batman doesn't kill villains.  I think he's just 'knocked out', awaiting his return.  They never really had a 'funeral' in the movie.  Granted, they had that thing with Gordon and Dent's picture in the background, and for all accounts DENT is dead, not Two-Face.  Dent died when Joker scarred him.  Two Face was born the second he snapped and started killing people.  So yeah, I look at it that way.

Penguin- One I want to see done.  I'd have him as a crime boss/club owner who essentially gave up crime life (publicly, at least), but is still involved somehow.  Possibly helping Batman by giving up other villains to allow himself gain more power.  Similar to the comics. But, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would have to play him.

Totally agree! I think Hoffman would be the perfect choice. I would like to see a new villan used though and not have the films going in the order that the original films did. Man-bat would be awesome too as long as it's not all CGI. I hate that.

Nolan's a little against having the Penguin, as it's 'unrealistic.'  But the way the comics now have him, with owning a club, giving Batman tips to gain an advantage over other villains, etc, it could be interesting.  Batman could see him as an ally, only to find out Penguin's been helping him only to turn his back on Bats when he gained enough power in the underworld.

Hey great mind's think alike...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080908q.php

I don't agree with Depp though, hope that stays a rumour.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2008, 08:45:09 AM »

Help me out here.
Didn't Dent DIE in TDK? I know people want Two-Face to be the next villian, but is he dead or just out cold at the end there? Question
I do think the Mad Hatter is a decent choice. Considering how many crazies were set loose out of Arkham in Begins, I wouldn't be suprised if he showed up.
Also:
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m90/Shadowfire_Razaron/fbgugg.gif  BounceGiggle

How many villains over the years "died", only to come back at some point?  Besides, Batman doesn't kill villains.  I think he's just 'knocked out', awaiting his return.  They never really had a 'funeral' in the movie.  Granted, they had that thing with Gordon and Dent's picture in the background, and for all accounts DENT is dead, not Two-Face.  Dent died when Joker scarred him.  Two Face was born the second he snapped and started killing people.  So yeah, I look at it that way.

Penguin- One I want to see done.  I'd have him as a crime boss/club owner who essentially gave up crime life (publicly, at least), but is still involved somehow.  Possibly helping Batman by giving up other villains to allow himself gain more power.  Similar to the comics. But, Phillip Seymour Hoffman would have to play him.

Totally agree! I think Hoffman would be the perfect choice. I would like to see a new villan used though and not have the films going in the order that the original films did. Man-bat would be awesome too as long as it's not all CGI. I hate that.

Nolan's a little against having the Penguin, as it's 'unrealistic.'  But the way the comics now have him, with owning a club, giving Batman tips to gain an advantage over other villains, etc, it could be interesting.  Batman could see him as an ally, only to find out Penguin's been helping him only to turn his back on Bats when he gained enough power in the underworld.

Hey great mind's think alike...

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080908q.php

I don't agree with Depp though, hope that stays a rumour.

Depp's a good actor.  But I'm more interested in Hoffman as Penguin.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2008, 05:28:49 PM »

Small | Large

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »

I would still like to see Penguin in a new Bat-flick. 

I'm hoping to see Dark Knight next weekend.

Just a question on Batman.  Does anyone find the voice Bale uses as Batman (especially the yelling) kind of annoying and almost funny?  Granted he seems to play Bruce Wayne perfect. 
I know a few people who don't like that. 

Batman Returns is still my favourite Bat flick (and favourite film ever), so I hope Penguin comes back!!!

Harely and Ivy joyriding around Gotham would be cool!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 06:25:11 PM by doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »

Not to be sexist or homophobic, but any women villans or Robin, would kill the credibility of the franchise all over again.

Doggett

« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2009, 06:32:17 PM »

Not to be sexist or homophobic, but any women villans or Robin, would kill the credibility of the franchise all over again.

Is it because when it comes to women, writers only care about what they look like and can't be bothered to give them a decent storyline, just a dull romance ?

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2009, 06:40:47 PM »

Is it because when it comes to women, writers only care about what they look like and can't be bothered to give them a decent storyline, just a dull romance ?

No, I just think women in silly costumes beating ppl up looks stupid. It's a miracle in itself that ppl aren't laughing their aases off at the concept of a rubber suited "bat-man".

Doggett

« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »

No, I just think women in silly costumes beating ppl up looks stupid. It's a miracle in itself that ppl aren't laughing their aases off at the concept of a rubber suited "bat-man".
Batman wears black and he only comes out at night.
Most don't see his costume.
Only the silhouette.
That's what makes him so cool!

OT.
That was time first time I spelt silhouette correctly without using spell check.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2009, 09:21:23 PM »

Batman Returns is still my favourite Bat flick (and favourite film ever), so I hope Penguin comes back!!!

[/quote]
Returns was a decent flick.  But apparently, Nolan doesn't want to use the Penguin, as it's 'unbelievable.'  Dude, your movie is about a guy in a rubber batsuit fighting a guy dressed as a clown.  Like you see that everyday driving down the street. Lookingup

In all honesty, the best way to utilize the Penguin in a 'realistic' style is to use the comic book way: He's a 'legit' business owner, running a nightclub.  But since various criminals use his club as a place to hatch schemes, he sells them out to Bats, and Batman doesn't really go after Penguin.  Then eventually, something happens, causing their rift, so to speak.  It's happened in the comics, so I could see it happening in a flick, especially if it's as a 'secondary villain' type thing, with another villain as the 'main' villain.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2009, 04:59:56 PM »

Thats usually the way it works. Its bogus.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2009, 10:45:55 PM »

So I guess nobody was really shocked that Heath Ledger won for The Joker.  I loved his performance, but it seemed almost as if they had to give it to him, namely due to his death and the fact the flick made something like a billion dollars.  Generally, it seems all the 'lower budgeted' movies that don't bring in a lot of box office get the top awards.  I figured it'd be in the air between Heath and Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt.

I kinda wanted Hoffman to win, as he's a great actor.  But an exec at Warner Bros. was asked how you top Heath as Joker and his response was "Phillip Hoffman as Penguin."  Gossip, sure, but I'd love to see it happen.

Jim H

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2009, 04:59:46 AM »

So I guess nobody was really shocked that Heath Ledger won for The Joker.  I loved his performance, but it seemed almost as if they had to give it to him, namely due to his death and the fact the flick made something like a billion dollars.  Generally, it seems all the 'lower budgeted' movies that don't bring in a lot of box office get the top awards.  I figured it'd be in the air between Heath and Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Doubt.

I kinda wanted Hoffman to win, as he's a great actor.  But an exec at Warner Bros. was asked how you top Heath as Joker and his response was "Phillip Hoffman as Penguin."  Gossip, sure, but I'd love to see it happen.

Small note: the Dark Knight finally surpassed a billion dollars very recently, actually.  That makes it only the 4th film to top the big B mark.  I'd also have to say it is the best of the four - the others being Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, Titanic, and Return of the King.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  THE DARK KNIGHT « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.