Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 04:07:07 PM
715876 Posts in 53157 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  plan nine from outer space was on tcm yesterday morning « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: plan nine from outer space was on tcm yesterday morning  (Read 3244 times)
the master
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »

at nine. and did any one here know there remaking plan nine the day the earth stood
still attack of the killer tomatoes metropolis and the birds im freaking getting sick of remakes
this just proves hollywoods out of ideas
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:29:30 PM »

I've been complaining against remakes for at least ten years.  Some of it depends on source material.  Have some more bad news for you...they're remaking Death Race 2000 - and calling it just 'death race'.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »

I've heard of Death Race and The Day the Earth Stood Still but none of these other ones.

On the subject of Death Race, this is a remake of a movie based on a video game, oh yeah, this'll be a treat.  Lookingup

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 04:17:20 PM »

I've heard of Death Race and The Day the Earth Stood Still but none of these other ones.

this is a remake of a movie based on a video game

Is this true?  I've never heard of that before, surprisingly.  I remember playing the video game back in the the early '80s (maybe even late '70s).  The player was a car that would run down what the directions called "gremlins".

www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:23:30 PM »

this is a remake of a movie based on a video game

Is this true?  I've never heard of that before, surprisingly.  I remember playing the video game back in the the early '80s (maybe even late '70s).  The player was a car that would run down what the directions called "gremlins".

That was probably it, it was rallied against for being way too violent.  Kind of funny considering how video games are now.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »

Don't mean to stray off topic, but according to Wiki, "Death Race" the late '70s video game debuted in 1976 and was based on the '75 movie.  The company that manufactured it was called "Exidy", and it met with controversy from concerned 'rents - just the type of thing that we horror film lovers appreciate!

Now back to...Plan 9 from Outer Space.

www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
the master
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 06:13:30 PM »

what kind of name is death race mabye death race 3000 would be ok! But yes lets get back to plan nine
whats your favorite line?
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 07:53:33 PM »

Don't mean to stray off topic, but according to Wiki, "Death Race" the late '70s video game debuted in 1976 and was based on the '75 movie.  The company that manufactured it was called "Exidy", and it met with controversy from concerned 'rents - just the type of thing that we horror film lovers appreciate!

Now back to...Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Sorry to butt in with DEATHRACE 2000 again...The original story was written by Ib Melchior....who,among other things,wrote the stories for REPTILICUS and the classic the ANGRY RED PLANET!

Sorry...um...PLAN 9 ....yeah...who will play Bela...or Tom....or ...the'old man' I wonder? Should be DeNiro, methinks...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 06:47:28 AM »

And who could possibly take the place of Dudley Manlove as Eros?

Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 07:55:04 AM »

Favorite line?  No doubt Manlove's "Stupid!  Stupid!" speech!  It never fails to get my attention.  Does anyone remember It Came from Hollywood (1982, I believe), a comedy of B-movie trailers with Cheech & Chong, Dan Akroyd, Gilda Radner, John Candy, etc.?  They had a whole segment devoted to Plan 9.

Funny how Burton's film really did not center much on Manlove.

I'm really bummed about a possibly "remake" - let's hope financing blows up in their face.

www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
the master
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »

lets hope the entire cast from plan nine comes from the grave and kills them
peter johnson

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »

Too many favorite lines to count.  The whole movie is one big favorite line of mine --
It's not possible to convey the misplaced emphasis in delivery that makes some of the lines even grander in print, but one of my favorite favorites has to be:  "they're out THERE, the saucers are up THERE, but I'M in here . . .".  You can't do something like that on purpose.
Sure I remember "It Came From Hollywood" -- saw it on the big screen when it first came out.  I was disappointed at some of it -- it was far too much of a clip-show than I wanted it to be.  I wanted more information on some of the films shown, or more sketch comedy from the narrators.  I came away from it thinking that whoever made it couldn't make up their minds as to what sort of film they were making.
I"m really of two minds on remakes.  In the case of Plan 9, I read a comic-book adaptation of it once that took the whole premise seriously, with serious characters and no attempt at all at being tounge-in-cheek or "bad".  It worked amazingly well, and revealed nuances of story that you're too busy laughing about in the film to see.  That's the sort of remake I'd like to see:  Straight, '50's/'60's perspective & black and white photograpy, if possible.  However, I'm sure they're going to go for Technicolor, comic actors -- Will Ferrel as Tor Johnson!! -- and obvious jokes.  And should this surprise us?
I'm saddened by the fact that today many people in their 20's or 30's won't even consider watching a black and white film, let alone a silent film.  And forget about anything with subtitles.  Remakes of remakes of remakes are as inevitable as the dawn.
peter johnson/denny remake

I have no idea what this means.
the master
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »

i did hear somthing about the dierctor making it serious
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 04:19:37 PM »

Once again,I agree with peter/denny.....to remake PLAN 9 makes no sense.  It's charm is from it's z budget,Little Rascals-"Let's put on a SHOW!" feel to it. It would be like doing a major motion picture of your son's 2nd grade Thanksgiving play.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
the master
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2008, 04:46:22 PM »

Once again,I agree with peter/denny.....to remake PLAN 9 makes no sense.  It's charm is from it's z budget,Little Rascals-"Let's put on a SHOW!" feel to it. It would be like doing a major motion picture of your son's 2nd grade Thanksgiving play.
could not say it better myself
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  plan nine from outer space was on tcm yesterday morning « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.