Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 01:14:13 PM
715939 Posts in 53161 Topics by 7771 Members
Latest Member: VernMolone
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 essential bad movies, as chosen by you « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Author Topic: 100 essential bad movies, as chosen by you  (Read 81068 times)
Sister Grace
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2008, 07:37:15 AM »

69. Tourist Trap

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2008, 08:54:53 AM »

70.  Hawk the Slayer

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/hawkslayer/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2008, 09:30:07 AM »

We're in the home stretch... only 30 more to go.  Make sure your favorite gets represented.

71.  THE ASTRO-ZOMBIES (1968):  Ted V. Mikels must be represented on any essential bad movies list.  The only movie in history where the monster rejuvenates himself when he runs down by pressing a flashlight to his forehead.  With John Carradine and Tura Satana.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
peter johnson

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »

There is no Doris Wishman on here --

72:  Nude on the Moon

While I have a soft spot for "Dildo Heaven" and "Blaze Starr Goes Nudist", "Nude on The Moon" is in its own class for garish, in-your-face, nudity for its own sake stupidity.  There is no acting.  There is no plot.  The space suits are beyond dumb -- The budget was probably a negative number.  Just headshakingly awful films she made . . . yet at their heart there was a dumb sort of sweetness & unabashed vouyerism that makes Russ Meyer seem coy by comparison.
peter johnson/denny wishman

I have no idea what this means.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »

We really need a luchadore film.  One of the better Santo flicks might be a good one, but I'm going to suggest "The Champions of Justice," because it has everything that normally goes into the genre - and super midgets.

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/champjustice/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2008, 10:42:30 AM »

There's a decided lack of Full Moon representation on this list as well. As such, I nominate for No.74 Puppet Master 3: Toulon's Revenge. I could've easily gone with any of the other installments, but this one has killer puppets murdering Nazis and introduces my father's favorite puppet: Six-Shooter!  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »

Any K. Gordon Murray films on the list?  If not, I nominate Santa Claus (1959).

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »

76. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 - Leatherface and his eccentric family continue their multiple massacres, but this time they're being chased by an obsessed sheriff and a leggy radio host...

Just about every horror franchise gets silly and self-spoofing eventually; I hear Freddy Krueger gave up on being menacing in about the 4th installment, around his own 4th chapter, Chucky started killing more for fun than profit, the Leprechaun's primary focus switched from horror to comedy in only it's second sequel and into full-fledged camp in the next part, since about part 3, Friday the 13th films have realized their own campiness... I could go on... However it seems that by the pre-production of "Part 2", Texas Chainsaw (Which, though a b-movie type and a perfectly made scary film, isn't essential to a b-film PHD IMO) had already become a phenomenon, and the only way Hooper wanted to do a sequel was to make it go a totally different direction... In a way, he succeeded. Though the second "Texas Chainsaw" ended up having a lot of things in common with the first, these things were totally exaggerated to a hilariously comical extent; Drayton is not only a cook, but an award-winning chili-maker! Leatherface is not only childlike, but mentally an awkward teenager! Grandpa is not only old, he's the oldest man alive! The film serves up rehashes and caricatures of many of the film's most memorable scenes, just compare the dinner scenes! People said that the first film was ironic as it only had one killing by chainsaw, this one absolutely reveled in chainsaw action, climaxing in a chainsaw-duel near the climax! The film reveled in the violence and gore people thought they saw in the first, and though not every fan of the first liked this one, Hooper made a cult classic, and a completely "WTF" film Wink . (I hear part 3 was played straight, to mediocre results TongueOut )
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:01:44 AM by Mr. Briggs Inc. » Logged

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »

SANTA CLAUS goes on the list at 75. 

I'd like to suggest we need more third world films on the list... Filipino, Indonesian, Turkish, Indian, etc.  I'm not really an expert in any of those genres so I'll leave it to others to make a nomination.

Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #99 on: August 06, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »

SANTA CLAUS goes on the list at 75. 

I'd like to suggest we need more third world films on the list... Filipino, Indonesian, Turkish, Indian, etc.  I'm not really an expert in any of those genres so I'll leave it to others to make a nomination.

Santa Claus is Mexican; but I'm not sure if Mexico is a third world country.  I'd say out of your list of countries, The Philippines most deserves inclusion, since they have a proud history of cult/exploitation.  I suggest Terror is a Man (1959) at #77 - the great granddaddy of Filipino exploitation.

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
the master
« Reply #100 on: August 06, 2008, 12:05:52 PM »

78.santa clause conquers the martians
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #101 on: August 06, 2008, 12:16:51 PM »

79. Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky

The full length movie can be found here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=417949348888674336 Small | Large

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2008, 01:58:54 PM »

80. Teenagers From Outer Space: "A young alien (David Love) falls for a pretty teenage Earth girl (Dawn Anderson) and they team up to try to stop the plans of his invading cohorts..." (IMDB Plot Summary). Beware the Lobster's Shadow!  Wink The disintegrators were cool though.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2008, 02:09:43 PM »

80. Teenagers From Outer Space: "A young alien (David Love) falls for a pretty teenage Earth girl (Dawn Anderson) and they team up to try to stop the plans of his invading cohorts..." (IMDB Plot Summary). Beware the Lobster's Shadow!  Wink The disintegrators were cool though.

Sorry, Jase, already nominated as #49 (see first post).

Pretty amazing that this thread went 80 nominations before the first repeat.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »

No.80 - Laserblast. That's all I'm gonna say about that.  TeddyR

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  100 essential bad movies, as chosen by you « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.