Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:35:36 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  @ mods: name changes? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: @ mods: name changes?  (Read 12901 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: October 06, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

I'm wondering if there's any chance I can get a screen name change without re-registering? I always think of a username on the spot when I join sites and Im starting to get a bit hacked off with being called "depressed crack addict", I dunno why I chose that, lol...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Menard
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:36:17 PM »

In SMF, go into your user profile, select account related settings, and you'll see an entry for Name under User Name. The Name field is what is displayed and you can change that, but you cannot change the user name with which you login; unless the admin can do that and I'm not familiar with SMF enough to know if that is possible (i.e. you will still have to login as depressed crack addict, but you can display any name you want for others to see...say...like Turkish Tars Tarkas TeddyR)
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:36:45 PM »

If you'd also like your login name changed, just pm me what you want it changed to and I can do that for you.

Before you do, please make sure the email address for your account is correct.  If I change your login, it resets your password and emails you.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »

@menard, thanks but Im not sure I understand even what SMF is and that other stuff.

@Andrew, the email I registered with isnt the one I use now and I cant remember my password for it...any chance a new password could be sent to my current email? If its too much hassle I dont mind making a new account, I just thought Id try this way first...

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 10:25:20 PM »

Sending you a pm.  We'll get you taken care of.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 10:34:51 PM »

@menard, thanks but Im not sure I understand even what SMF is and that other stuff.

If you happen to have a cold dead fish around, could you kindly slap yourself in the face with it repeatedly? TongueOut

SMF is the name of the forum software this forum uses (it's at the bottom of the page Lookingup).

If you want it simplified, we'll call it BadMovies Forum instead.

At the top of the front page of the forum (or, for that matter, any page on the forum), there should be some kind of link for your user profile, which may actually be called 'Profile'; if not, look for a control panel link.

Once you click on that, you'll see your control panel/profile with a set of links, usually on the left.

One of those links should actually read 'Account Related Settings'.

Clicking on that will show you a list of settings with your User Name, that can only be changed by the admin, and your Name, which is what is displayed in all of your posts, and you can change that.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 11:28:50 PM »

okay it looks like it's worked. thanks Andrew, appreciated

@ menard yeah I'm not too internet savvy I kind of understand what you're saying better there though. hardly ever check my own profile so I dont know that and that does, etc... cheers

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »

I always liked the name 'depressed crack addict", sorry to see it go.  Bluesad

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 10:05:04 PM »

I always liked the name 'depressed crack addict", sorry to see it go.  Bluesad

right, any chance I could change it back again please. thanks  Thumbup

(j/k)  Smile

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  @ mods: name changes? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.