Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:34:39 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Own a Cell Phone? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Own a Cell Phone?
Yes - 25 (83.3%)
No.  I used to have one but not anymore - 1 (3.3%)
I've never owned a cell phone - 2 (6.7%)
I've never owned a cell phone and I never will - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do You Own a Cell Phone?  (Read 7881 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 19, 2008, 03:14:00 AM »

I was curious to know if you currently own and/or use a cell phone.

What are your thoughts on cell phones?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:58:06 AM »

I was curious to know if you currently own and/or use a cell phone.

What are your thoughts on cell phones?

I do own one, Ash: in fact I've got two of the things, one for work and one for personal use that is mine. They are a necessary evil in my life and I don't really like them, but yes, I do use them.

The thing that sometimes makes me a little  Buggedout is that all my clients have my personal number and I get calls all the time, even when I'm on leave.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:58:54 AM »

I do have one.  Sadly, like a lot of us, it's become a necessity of our lives.  I use a Motorola Q which runs Windows Mobile 5 so I'm never away from my email, phone calls, and texts.  That can be a good thing and and bad thing.  I have to keep the damn thing on me most of the time as I'm on call 95% of my time off.

Anyway, here is the phone: 

It's a good phone....don't care for Alltel though.  I'll be looking for a new provider once my contract ends.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 07:03:17 AM »

No need. I am not that important: nobody needs to contact me on an *immediate* basis.

There are times when I could wish hubby had one: usually during snowstorms when he is travelling home from work and is late.  Just for peace of mind in emergencies.  Maybe 4-5 times a year.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:14:53 AM »

Don't have one, never want one.  The answering machine and caller ID were good inventions because they allow you to get rid of unwanted calls.  The cell phone seems to do just the opposite, letting anyone call you up no matter where you are and bother you.  

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 07:20:13 AM »

Yes, I have one. The first one we got (8 years ago) was because I could get it through work for a discount, and we could get calls when someone was on the dial up internet at the house.

The kids went to college so we got them phones and we still had ours.  When my son got out of school, he got his own and I inherited his.

I've had one at work, but I turned it in. It was a pocket PC model and had Windows on it and I could get email and surf the web with it.  But, alas I hate gadgets and I haven't figured out why people need to get email 24 hours a day (I think it's an addiction and makes people feel important), so I turned it in and told the boss if it's an emergency call me on my personal phone.  Always felt stupid wearing two of them anyway.  

Anyway I have one, but no one ever calls me on it but my wife and daughter. It is handy to have one for emergencies.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 10:32:56 AM »

I quite like the cell phone I have.  Only problem I have to a degree is the amount of minutes I have.  They charge $29.99 per month, plus tax, for 300 minutes.  In all around $35.00.  Not too bad, but I only have free weekends, no free nights.  If I use all 300 minutes before the end of the month (rare, as long conversations I wait for the weekend), it's about 50 cents per minute. 

I would get the next plan, 600 minutes for like, $39.99, but I don't talk that often on the phone to need all 600, plus they offer free nights and weekends, so there's really no need for 600 at that point.

I quite like texting, but had to stop when I racked up about an additional ten bucks just in texting.  Doesn't seem like a lot, but when it's 15 cents per text, both in and out, that's a lot of texting.

I have T-Mobile at the moment.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 11:40:16 AM »

I had one up until recently when it got run over in a Denny's parking lot. I actually relieved that i dont have one anymore, because I would ALWAYS carry it with me, like it was an extension of my body. Not good. Now the only problem is, none of my friends call my house phone and my 2 bands cant get a hold of me for practice other than using Myspace, which i also HATE.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »

I have one due to the fact there are hardly any pay phones around.  I generally don't use it unless I really need it.  My average phone call lasts 30 seconds.  It repulses me when I come across someone in a store chatting away out loud about nothing.  It repulses me even more when they ignore the cashier checking out.  Then theres texting which makes absolutely no sense to me. 

In other words, I hate cell phones but I have one. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
enemy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »

I have a cell phone, have had one for about 5 or 6 years.  After my car broke down on the side of the road in a snowstorm, I decided I should get one.  I use mine very sparingly because I hate talking on the phone, and if someone calls that I don't want to talk to, I don't answer it.  We have a house phone that we don't use that my wife just HAD to have.  No one calls us on that except solicitors, so we don't usually answer that one.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 12:59:33 PM »

I have one, but rarely carry it with me.  My wife needs one for work and she got ours together on one of those 'plans.'

I used to be so opposed to them - I hated the things.  My mind was changed a few years back when my wife broke down in MY TRUCK a little after midnight one night.  She was in a not-super-great area of Charlotte, NC, and had to walk 2 miles to get to a phone to call me.  It was a little unnerving.

She's had a cell phone ever since.

The sad thing is that now, with cell phones so prolific, public phones are very few and far between.  They used to have them at just about every gas station and grocery store and the like.  Not anymore. 

So, for those that choose to NOT have cell phones (or if your battery is dead or cannot get a signal or whatever), it is actually LESS safe than before cell phones became so popular.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »

I received one as a going-away present for college.  And it's just a phone -- no camera, no text messaging, no games, no Internet.  A telephone. 

I use it as infrequently as possible.  The main thing I use it for is to call the gf and say, "Hey, wanna get dinner? OK, I'll be right over." And the phone goes back in to my pocket. 

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »

Wish I didn't. I hate the things. I've got a cheap Sony Ericsson.  TongueOut

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 04:33:29 PM »

Yes I do, my mom worries a lot about me and my family so almost everyone has gotten one as a birthday gift.  However, I'm not one of those kids who has had a cell phone scine they were twelve, I got it last year and I'm in love with it.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
JJ80
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »

Yes I've actually got one. I just find them very useful but I can't stand people who seem to spend their entire lives with them glued to their lugholes! However, I find that people who complain the most about them invariably wind up getting themselves the biggest and fanciest models they can find!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Own a Cell Phone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.