Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:13:55 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Door To Door Salesmen « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Door To Door Salesmen  (Read 5743 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: August 22, 2008, 08:10:22 PM »

Am I the only person that feels these people could very well be the Antichrist in different forms?  Heres a true story;

Some blond chick shows up to my house right before I get home from work months ago.  She offers my wife a free carpet cleaning which to my wife (sadly) says "sure".  Needless to say I was a bit p**sed about that because I would have told them to "go screw".  Well anyhow, our carpet was dirty so I figured what the hey I'll sit through a sales pitch which I was anticipating. 

The blond bimbo and  this jack off wearing a clip on tie show up later and announces they is with the Kirby Vacuum company.  An hour or two later, we did end up with a clean rug.  Still, this mother f*cker did everything he could to shell out the piece of sh*t vacuum for...brace yourself...$1800.00!!!  They dude was completly unprofessional and we had to yell at him a few times not to put product parts on furniture.  After much bickering, I kicked him out to the curb.

Moral of the story;  DON'T EVER OPEN YOUR DOOR TO KIRBY VACCUM SALES PEOPLE!  I laughed out loud when I check this site about their business practices.  Funny thing too, a friend of hers called today and said they had them clean the carpets too.  They called the cops after the guy kept going on and on.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/in_home/kirby.htm

I also can't stand Jehovah's when they come to the door.  I've slammed a few doors in their faces over the years.

So do you have any salesmen stories?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:12:40 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:29 PM »

I have a friend who tried selling Kirby vacuum cleaners door to door several years ago.
He didn't last long at it.
His main complaint was the high pressure sales tactics that Kirby trains their reps to use.
That, and having doors slammed in his face all the time.

Those Kirby's are crazy expensive!   Buggedout
I don't care how good a device it is.  No vacuum cleaner should ever cost $1500 to $2000.
The prices of consumer goods are already high enough.  The last thing people can afford is to spend $1800 for a vacuum cleaner.

Personally, I could never sell things door to door.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:18:09 AM by Ash » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 09:48:14 PM »

Tonight, a salesman came to my door and rang the bell at 6:15pm which I consider within the "dinner hour" (a 2 hour span in my mind from 5 to 7pm).  I was, in fact, having my dinner.  Though my front door was open, and the all-glass storm door locked to let the light in, and also to let my Francine lay in the threshold as she's wont to do, she was not there when this poor slob salesman rang my bell, so I simply walked behind the door and shut it... CLUMP.  Well, that poor young guy ran off right quick, across the street to my neighbor's house... poor guy.  They let him in...!   Bwaah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »

There was a group going around town that has a similar scheme, except it was carpet cleaner, , found out later they were connected to a rash of burglaries. Seems when YOU are looking at the carpet, THEY were looking at all your expensive stuff. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 10:34:34 PM »

A friend of mine used to always answer the door completely nude with the exception of a strategically placed sock ( Wink) when Jehovah's Witnesses would wake him and his girlfriend up on the weekends.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:04:36 AM by Torgo » Logged

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 09:10:34 AM »

don't miss the documentary "salesman".  It's from the 60's.  It's about these door to door bible salesman and tring to get all these poor catholic people to by these fancy overpriced illustrated bibles.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 10:10:17 AM »

Hey it could be worse.  I remember an episode of the show Taxi where all the drivers got laid off for a while. They got together later to tell each other what they'd been doing to to survive.

When they get around to Reverand Jim (Christopher Loyd). Jim tells about his door-to-door sales gig. 

He arrives at a ladies apartment and starts telling of the great wonders the vacuum he's selling. To demonstrate he proceeds to dump dirt on the carpet, then follows it up with a pan of grease from the stove and some wine.

When he goes to open the vacuum cleaner box a it's full of books.  He suddenly realizes he took the job selling encyclopedias instead of vacuum cleaners!

Actually, I don't like being interrupted by these guys, but in some way I feel sorry for them because they are sold a bill goods by those companies.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »

We have a big problem with door to door pandlers in the area. I have a sign on my door that says 'no jehovas'. Unfortunately it doesn't dissuade them often. My brother has his own way of dealing it..usually he'll let them on the front porch and stand there very respectable-like till they get to the question, "Would you like some free literature on the true way of life?" This is when Clint replies, "No, but you can have some of mine..." Then he shoves some David Lane fliers into thier arms and slams the door. They usually don't come back...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 04:29:08 PM »

The JW's used to come by here regularly.  I think the lady we bought the property from was a member.

One time: two nice prim little ladies were giving me the spiel.  (Why oh why did I answer the door?)  They did not pick up on my repeated yet polite hints that the conversation was over (big surprise eh?).  I was stuck.  Then when they started in on selling me a copy of their 'new' Bible:  "Wouldn't you like to read the Words as they were ACTUALLY WRITTEN?"  -  I heard myself exclaim, "WOW! You can read ARAMAIC??? That is SO cool!"

Shortly after, two very confused little ladies shuffled back down off my steps and drove away.  They stayed away for over a year.  Sigh.  One of my better moments.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 05:00:34 PM »

The following clip is NSFW...you've been warned!!!
Small | Large

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 11:35:33 PM »

don't miss the documentary "salesman".  It's from the 60's.  It's about these door to door bible salesman and tring to get all these poor catholic people to by these fancy overpriced illustrated bibles.
Poor Catholic people??  Are you tipping your hand there?  Bible buyers'd more likely be Baptists, Pentecostals, even Methodists, or well,... Not no Catholic.  Well, then again, we are all a buncha hypocrites.  Buggedout
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 11:37:56 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 11:57:48 PM »

We had some Mormon Missionaries renting next door, , young guys, probably 20 and a couple at MOST. Pretty cool, but they said distinctly that they don't solicit in the neighborhood they live in, causes too much drama. They weren't allowed Computers, TVs, but they swore, , mildly. I think I offered them some tequila, but I'm not sure, don't remember them rejecting, and they surely didn't accept. They did for some reason, drive like @$$holes though, , I thought that was odd.

We did the "answer the door naked" trick on the JWs once, , they called the cops, , apparently that's illegal in Ohio. Funny because allegedly necrophilia was NOT outlawed, , but answering your own front door naked WAS at the time.

BTW, , just for the record, , and since this is the off-topic board, , , Amish women are pretty good in the sack, , just thought I'd put that out there.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:01:45 AM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »

We had some Mormon Missionaries renting next door, , young guys, probably 20 and a couple at MOST. Pretty cool, but they said distinctly that they don't solicit in the neighborhood they live in, causes too much drama. They weren't allowed Computers, TVs, but they swore, , mildly. I think I offered them some tequila, but I'm not sure, don't remember them rejecting, and they surely didn't accept. They did for some reason, drive like @$$holes though, , I thought that was odd.

We did the "answer the door naked" trick on the JWs once, , they called the cops, , apparently that's illegal in Ohio. Funny because allegedly necrophilia was NOT outlawed, , but answering your own front door naked WAS at the time.

BTW, , just for the record, , and since this is the off-topic board, , , Amish women are pretty good in the sack, , just thought I'd put that out there.
BounceGiggle ...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle ...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle...

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »

Amish women are pretty good in the sack, , just thought I'd put that out there.

Well you know thouse Amish chicks, total skanks.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 12:35:51 AM »

I told  a Jehovha that I had a religion. I first asked him in...sat him down...and gave him coffee. I Told him I didn't believe in anything but here and now. I tried to convince him to "Free himself". In truth...I had no f#cking clue about what I was talking about....I was just messing with his head. He left when I started talking nonsense about Charlie Manson. I've seen enough Charlie movies that I can put a pretty convincing Charlie rap on....

....yeah....it was wrong. But I was bored. And I was young....and a wee evil myself,I reckon.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Door To Door Salesmen « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.