Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:57:58 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Shark Attack 3: Megalodon « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Shark Attack 3: Megalodon  (Read 47476 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: August 23, 2008, 08:40:02 AM »

A prehistoric shark appears in the ocean off the coast of Mexico.  It eats people.  How do you kill a fifty-ton shark that should be, but most emphatically is not, extinct?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
onagro
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »

It's simply amazing that the mama shark didn't die of costipation!  Who knows what eating a fully functional jet ski does to something's insides!

I think you forgot to mention the absolute worse pick-up line in the history of mankind was used in this movie. 
"But you know I'm really wired. What do you say I... take you home and eat your censored
richjr37
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:50:29 PM »

Best Bad Movie EVER! That line is freaking hilarious. Hard to believe the guy who plays Captain Jack Harkness on "Torchwood/Dr. Who" would agree to be in crap like this. He's come a long way.

"God,i'm so wired. What do say i take you home and eat your p***y?"-"Shark Attack 3:Megalodon"
Jay the Magnificent
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 11:35:37 PM »

First saw this on Sci fi Channel,     surprise...surprise. Lookingup

Even at that, the straight to dvdness and bad bad "special effects" was cause for notice.

I let my expectations get too high i guess  BounceGiggle
pfyre
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:54:19 AM »

you completely missed commenting on the absolute funniest non-sequitor line of all time Lookingup - when Ben and Cat are by the truck and Chuck has just left them - Ben says "I'm kinda wired. What do you say we go back to your place and I eat your p***y?"  BounceGiggle -- seemed that John Barrowman [now of 'Doctor Who'/'Torchwood' fame as Captain Jack Harkness  hot -- at the time an actor struggling to make ends meet who took the job cause it paid] had been asked by the director to ad lib something to get a reaction from the plank of wood who was his costar [apologies to planks of wood who no doubt have more acting ability] - so John ad libbed the line - and she still really didn't react - and John thought well that was that - they'd of course never use that take  TeddyR -- ummm... guess again - in the DVD the line is there completely intact  Buggedout - when broadcast on SciFi Channel the line has been dubbed over to "I'm kind of wired. What do you say we go back to your place and watch 'I Love Lucy'?"  Cheers
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 08:08:42 AM »

I think you forgot to mention the absolute worse pick-up line in the history of mankind was used in this movie. 
"But you know I'm really wired. What do you say I... take you home and eat your censored

Not true, but I did intentionally omit directly addressing it and instead described Ben in the Characters section thusly:
"Ben Carpenter - Women love him for his spontaneous, romantic nature."

That line just comes out of nowhere, which makes it hilariously funny the first time anyone watches the film.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 08:17:15 AM »

Oh Lordy, is this film bad! I kinda have a soft spot for anything containing ridiculously large sharks tho'. This is somehow worse than the "Megalodon" film and even dare I say, "Shark Zone"  Buggedout Really funny seeing Barrowman in this too, I think I prefer this to the weird Torchwood and crappy new Dr. Who stuff.

I'm crying out for a decent shark flick, that has a specially made shark and not a CGI/stock mash-up. Deep Blue Sea blew big-time, so there's not been anything decent since Jaws 3-D and that sucked too.  Bluesad

-Great review Andrew, as expected.  Thumbup TeddyR

InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 10:18:01 AM »

Ah, man, what's up with this horrible movie!?  I just saw the clip from this film, that's got to be worse special effects I have ever seen!!  I can't stand it...

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Undead
Dedicated Viewer

Time to play.

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 11:04:56 AM »

Ben: "Larger than a Greyhound bus!"

Ahh, yes. But is it bigger than a BattleshipTeddyR

Hee hee... sorry, as you can tell from my chosen avatar there may have been some lasting damage from my having been exposed to The Giant Claw.

Can you yell "Movie!" in a crowded fire station?
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 06:11:43 PM »

The shark eating the boat/life raft/jet ski/etc is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I saw this on Sci-fi channel and still remember that stupid effect. God I love bad movies like this.
ElaineC
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »

Sadly, the thing that stood out the most for me is that they had the paleontologist drinking Shasta, when in real life she (or most other scientists I have known) would have been sucking down the booze.  Cheers Simple rule of thumb: caffeine for computer programmers, alcohol for everyone else.
BTM

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »

I've got a really DUMB question... was there ever a Shark Attack One and Two?

Just curious...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2008, 02:44:23 AM »

I've got a really DUMB question... was there ever a Shark Attack One and Two?

Just curious...

Not a dumb question at all, BTM: there was (or should that be were?) a Shark Attack 1 and Shark Attack 2: both very lowwwww budget versions of Deep Blue Sea, they were made in South Africa. When the company that made them got chased out of South Africa by angry creditors, they made Europe (and specifically Barrandov Studios in Bulgaria) their base and made this film there.

Virtual karma to Andrew for the great review!!!  Cheers TeddyR
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:46:18 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 02:48:37 AM »

Ah, man, what's up with this horrible movie!?  I just saw the clip from this film, that's got to be worse special effects I have ever seen!!  I can't stand it...

TeddyR BounceGiggle TeddyR BounceGiggle

Karma for the laugh you just gave me: the film's producers have a reputation for badness where I come from.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 07:10:30 AM »

One of my favorite things was the dubbing.  Or at least I assume it was bad dubbing, or maybe they just hired people with speech impediments?  The big corporate boss would put an awkward pause after ever fourth word or so, but there was another guy in the beginning during the shark attack sequence.  And yet another, the janitor who asked the main chick if she wanted a sandwich or something.  Also enjoyed the 20 or so shots of the throttle on the boat being pushed all the way forward, especially since it was obvious that the boat was standing still most of the time  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Shark Attack 3: Megalodon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.