Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:01:33 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Breaker, breaker (chuck norris 1977) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Breaker, breaker (chuck norris 1977)  (Read 1411 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 21, 2008, 09:34:52 AM »

I'd put this squarlely in the redneck drive-in (as opposed to redneck grindhouse: no nudity or gore here) genre and a definate classic.  I have no idea why this move gets such little respect.  Norris is great and his attempts at acting are kept to a minimum.  no five minute shots of his face waiting for him to say something almost clever to some cartoon villian.  The trucker stuff is great, amazing finale.  I could watch this again and again. plot holes, bad acting and all the rest but you won't care.  No, it's not technically on the level of "lone wolf mcquade" in terms of special effects and choreography but who cares it kicks ass!!  and it's full length not 65 minutes as the package says.  Comes in normal and widescreen.  5/5

was apparently a mst episode and will check that out soon

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:59:31 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »

Chuck Norris is always fun, I always enjoy watching his films. This one is a little bit embarrassing to watch though, if you happened to live through this time. Because it makes you remember that there was a CB-radio craze and a whole lot of people bought CB radios for their cars so they could talk to the truckers in fakey southern accents about "smokies" and "plain brown wrappers". This movie was just cashing in on the craze.

Did Slim Pickens get run over by a truck in this movie, or was that another trucker movie?

All time greatest trucker movie: "Duel", directed by a young Stephen Spielberg.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 03:46:55 PM »

Two things really stand out in my memory. First, the incredible diversity of hats used in the costuming. Some make more sense than others, but clearly somebody had a collection they were determined to use.

The other was Chuck's big, blue van with the eagle mural. The van so cool it got its own montage. How many minutes were devoted to showing that thing driving around?

This is one of those rare bad movies that both my wife and I have a soft spot for. It's just fun to watch.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »

What's up with that chick in the back, she sounds like she's having an orgasm!  Buggedout

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Breaker, breaker (chuck norris 1977) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.