Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:38:12 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEATH RACE remake. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: DEATH RACE remake.  (Read 7451 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: August 25, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »

I saw this last night with some hommies.

As far as remakes go, the only one that has ever impresed me was HALLOWEEN. most others sucked for me. But DEATH RACE looked interesting, possibly because it wasnt an entire copy of the original story. They do the story alot different, and they pull it off. I still think it wouldve been cool if Sylvester Stalone wouldve made a cameo, but it still blew my butt off. Go see it, dudes. It's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 10:15:39 AM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 10:33:07 AM »

I've been waiting for someone to see this so I could get some more info on it. According to the trailers, the story looks like a massive bite off of The Running Man or The Condemned: tough guy hero gets framed for murder so he can fight for his freedom in a media hyped death sport, only to uncover proof of his innocence so that the ones responsible can pay for their crime in the end. Is there anything else to the story that the trailers don't show?

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:22:49 AM »

I'm not sure about this one.  I'm not a big Statham fan (in fact, I don't like him at all).  I'll probably wait for the DVD unless I hear tons of good reviews.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »

I'm not sure about this one.  I'm not a big Statham fan (in fact, I don't like him at all).  I'll probably wait for the DVD unless I hear tons of good reviews.

See The Bank Job.  He doesn't act like a gangster/soccer hooligan.  It was refreshing.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 03:39:55 PM »

Wait, isn't this a sequel?
IMDB says that: "Follows Death Race 2000 (1975)"
KYGOTC

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 05:54:26 PM »

Wait, isn't this a sequel?
IMDB says that: "Follows Death Race 2000 (1975)"

Nah. Its a completely different set-up with a few charecters who have the same names as the original.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »

I saw this last night with some hommies.

As far as remakes go, the only one that has ever impresed me was HALLOWEEN. most others sucked for me. But DEATH RACE looked interesting, possibly because it wasnt an entire copy of the original story. They do the story alot different, and they pull it off. I still think it wouldve been cool if Sylvester Stalone wouldve made a cameo, but it still blew my butt off. Go see it, dudes. It's pretty cool.
Good to see someone else appreciating the Halloween remake.  I did like the TCM remake, but it seems I'm in the sole minority there. Buggedout

All the movies I've seen him advertised for looked absolutely dreadful.  Don't know why that dude gets put in movies.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »

See The Bank Job.  He doesn't act like a gangster/soccer hooligan.  It was refreshing.

Jason Statham is a terrible actor, every film is the same and he can only play one type of character. Don't expect him to try and shake the accent either any time soon. I wonder how many times he'll kick people in slow-mo during Deathrace?

Oldskool138
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 09:28:07 PM »

Jason Statham is a terrible actor, every film is the same and he can only play one type of character. Don't expect him to try and shake the accent either any time soon. I wonder how many times he'll kick people in slow-mo during Deathrace?
[/quote]

He only kicks one guy in Bank Job...and it's at the end.

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature... and because of it, the greatest in the universe........
-Dr. Paul Nelson (Peter Graves)

That gum you like is going to come back in style.
-The Man from Another Place
KYGOTC

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 12:12:39 AM »

I've been waiting for someone to see this so I could get some more info on it. According to the trailers, the story looks like a massive bite off of The Running Man or The Condemned: tough guy hero gets framed for murder so he can fight for his freedom in a media hyped death sport, only to uncover proof of his innocence so that the ones responsible can pay for their crime in the end. Is there anything else to the story that the trailers don't show?

Actually, i was describing the movie to my step-dad and he also brought up "The RunningMan". Huh. Ill have to go see that.

As for your question, there is a little more. The warden makes him assume the identity of the track favorite (who died in his last race) to keep ratings up.

AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 12:22:08 AM »

Actually, i was describing the movie to my step-dad and he also brought up "The RunningMan". Huh. Ill have to go see that.

As for your question, there is a little more. The warden makes him assume the identity of the track favorite (who died in his last race) to keep ratings up.

Thanks for the update K. Ah, so they did keep something from the original Death Race intact after all.

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 10:39:29 PM »

I just saw this on DVD.  Its a pretty good popcorn flick and the car races are quite brutal.  The film sported many decent names like Ian McShane and some I haven't seen in awhile like Robin Shou (Mortal Kombat).  Relative newcomer Natalie Martinez is some rather nice eye candy.  Although this film will probably be forgotten by yours truly in a few years, for now it supplied me with some mindless fun on a Saturday night. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 01:39:31 PM »

Worth mentioning that that's David Carradine in the opening as Frankenstein (well, at least his voice).  Nice cameo.

I thought it was an entertaining film.  It's trash, but enjoyable trash.
Neville

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 05:46:13 PM »

I hated it. I have no problem with anybody turning the original into a silly popcorn flick, but by jettisoning all the humour they threw away all the fun too.

And the camerawork during the action scenes... it was as bad as the reality-TV mannierisms they wanted to poke fun at.

As for Statham, there are worse non-actors out there, but he just seems incapable of displaying any emotions.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2008, 06:15:39 PM »

And the camerawork during the action scenes... it was as bad as the reality-TV mannierisms they wanted to poke fun at.

Yeah I forgot to point out the obnoxious shaky camera thing thats is so Hollywood these days. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DEATH RACE remake. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.