Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:24:55 AM
714518 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The let's track the remakes thread. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The let's track the remakes thread.  (Read 9372 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« on: August 25, 2008, 07:07:58 PM »

This thread was inspired by EMMR's Clash of the Titans, 2010 thread.  That said...

Hollywood remakes.  They're here to say so, I say, if you can't beat them, join them.

Friday the 13th (2009)

Hellraiser (2009)

'Poltergeist' Remake Planned

Hellraiser (2009)

Logan's Run (2010)

The Evil Dead (2009)

Capricorn One (2010)

Dark Shadows (2010)

Dune (2010)

Dirty Dozen (2010)

Fahrenheit 451 (2010)

Fantastic Voyage (2010)

Fantasy Island (2010)

Faster, p***ycat Kill Kill (2010)

Flash Gordon (2010)

The Haunts Return in 'Poltergeist' Remake

Disney plans a Tron remake

Sneak Peek at Disney’s ‘Tron 2'

Director Chosen for 'My Bloody Valentine' Remake

'Monster Squad' Remake?!

'Night of the Demons' Remake

Trainspotting's Kevin McKidd is the new Highlander in remake

Let's do the Time Warp again: Rocky Horror set for remake

Sylvester Stallone’s Death Wish Remake

Plan 9 from Outer Space, the remake?

And the above, which took me all of 8 or 9 minutes to compile, are only those movie remakes I've heard about!!!   Lookingup

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

The most disturbing to me is SPIDER BABY (2008), although I wasn't aware of the FASTER p***yCAT remake.   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

It's neVer over!

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »

Meh, they should probably leave Spider Baby alone, it's good enough as it is...

I reeeaaallly hope The Evil Dead remake doesn't make itself into "Evil Dead 2" and poke fun at the film at every turn. The original is probably the all-out scariest mainstream film I've seen yet.

Dirty Dozen could be cool if they give all 12 equal time in the new one... And kill Sgt. Blanden instead of say... Bravos. All the others who died should still probably die though. Haven't read the book yet but I hear it took major liberties from the '67 movie, maybe they could base it on that.

I've seen the trailer for an "It's Alive" remake, and it actually looks pretty good, that one is ripe for a remake, it had a very cool premise that I thought was sadly underutilized. Too much dialogue with too little menace, the creature was treated with less urgency than a rabid animal!

I still think "Plan 9" is the kind of film remakes should stand for, those which are so ridiculed they deserve a straight update to at least partially redeem the filmmakers, showing that at the very least they chose a workable idea...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:11:39 PM »

Do we really need a Monster Squad remake?  The original is a wonderful movie as is.

I'm just hoping for a Santa Claus Conquers the Martians remake.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:13:58 PM »

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/15211/38_planned_movie_remakes_you_didnt_know_about.html

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 10:00:06 PM »

The idea of a Dirty Dozen remake is blasphemous. .

I can't imagine a Faster p***ycat, Logan's Run, Evil Dead, Plan 9, Night of the Demons, or RHPS remake being anything but insulting. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Cthulhu

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 05:08:35 AM »

Sad. I bet 98% of them is going to suck Bluesad
But by the way, Dune (2010) is not a remake. It's just another film-version of the book. Lookingup
brooky1969
Dedicated Viewer

Give us a kiss luv.

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »

Robocop

Highlander
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 01:30:18 PM »

Sad. I bet 98% of them is going to suck Bluesad
But by the way, Dune (2010) is not a remake. It's just another film-version of the book. Lookingup
Yep...a giant suckin' sound from here to Alpha Five.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »

You forgot Suspiria. That's still going to happen, and I couldnt be more p**sed  Hatred Hatred hot

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 04:54:49 PM »

Here's an idea:

JUST RUN THESE MOVIES IN THE THEATRES AGAIN!

Most of rights are still in the hands of the same companies, yes?

Film-hipsters (and try to tell me the internet hasn't made fertile ground for more of them) will pack theatres at midnight to see a classic on a big screen. Tap into that already! Promote it right and you can even build additional interest for a remake rather than resentment.

As much as we might be against remakes on some loose aesthetic principal, some remakes ARE BETTER (compare ‘the hills have eyes’ and try to tell me the original was better), some are just taken in such a different direction that they can't be compared, and really, filmmaking today is so different from filmmaking a few decades ago that it's almost akin to the argument against turning books into movies.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 05:10:24 PM »

Here's an idea:

Film-hipsters (and try to tell me the internet hasn't made fertile ground for more of them) will pack theatres at midnight to see a classic on a big screen. Tap into that already! Promote it right and you can even build additional interest for a remake rather than resentment.

As much as we might be against remakes on some loose aesthetic principal, some remakes ARE BETTER (compare ‘the hills have eyes’ and try to tell me the original was better), some are just taken in such a different direction that they can't be compared, and really, filmmaking today is so different from filmmaking a few decades ago that it's almost akin to the argument against turning books into movies.

I think more books should be turned into movies. There's lots of good material out there to work with and seeing as producers and writers are out of ideas, it makes sense. I don't like it all because I hate CGI with a passion for a start. They always use really dumb people from souless, vapid tv shows and the original films should be able to stand alone. The reason I hate remakes the most tho', is because people (kids in general) think that these are geniunely "new" concepts and characters. Like my nephew thinks transformers were only created the year that CGI fest came out.

Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »

Here's an idea:

I think more books should be turned into movies. There's lots of good material out there to work with and seeing as producers and writers are out of ideas, it makes sense. I don't like it all because I hate CGI with a passion for a start. They always use really dumb people from souless, vapid tv shows and the original films should be able to stand alone. The reason I hate remakes the most tho', is because people (kids in general) think that these are geniunely "new" concepts and characters. Like my nephew thinks transformers were only created the year that CGI fest came out.

agreed

I think if I ever get the opprotunity, I'll write a script for hollywood just to prove I'm more creative than the clowns their hiring.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
the master
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 06:03:24 PM »

you forgot some i will add
metropolis
attack of the killer tomatoes
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 06:34:15 PM »

OH MY DEAR SATAN!  Buggedout Hatred

"Near Dark" remake!!!!

Katherine Bigelow is involved with it too, so be prepared to hear that some "angry guy" has killed Katherine Bigelow quite soon... Lookingup

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The let's track the remakes thread. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.