Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:59:45 PM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  democrats come roaring back « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: democrats come roaring back  (Read 4716 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: August 26, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »

granted, this is from a very libertarian perspective so of course he's not going to be happy but still.  The obama campaign is certainly having trouble sealing the deal aren't they?   As far as a I can tell, Obama got the nomination for the same reason the democrats won in 06, to end the war.  Will he do it?  who can tell.  also,  what is the democrats philosphy?  are they anti war?   Do they believe in the values espoused by the founders in the constitution?  they seem like a hodge podge at this point.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/022501.html

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 08:58:56 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:41:02 AM »

What's with the off-topic Republican posts lately?

Shouldn't this be a "concern troll" post on a Democratic blog somewhere?
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 11:17:03 AM »

I am concerned Obama won't carry all 50 states in the election.  Therefore, Republican victory!

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 01:48:20 PM »

schmendrik- I'm not a republican

tars-  your concern is shared by many.  so why are the democrats tied against a guy who is george bush redux and at 10 % approval in congress?

when I was following ron pauls campaign he tied everything he said in with his underlying philosphy of anti interventionism and freedom.  what is the democrats philosophy?

seriously, what is a democrat?  as far as i can tell it's just a group that seems to push for more and bigger government spending  where and whenever possible. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 04:34:39 PM »

I agree with you that the Democrats are largely a hodge-podge of special interest groups: racial minorities, labor, environmentalists, doves, women's libbers, secularists, etc.  What unites them the most is their opposition to the Republicans, who have a  clearer vision.   If one idea unites them, it is the concept that government can be used to do good, to create social change, redress natural inequities, oversee the economy. etc.

I'm neither a Democrat, Republic, or a libertarian, by the way, but an actual Independent (yes, we do exist). 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

So, what I wanna know is whats the point of the insulting title?  Is someone who disagrees with you automatically lame?  Is there not provision for disagreement inherent in our society?  Why not just say : Those disorganized folks what have no unifying philosphy".  Whats the point of starting out all aggro and narrow minded? Thats not discussion, thats just mouthing off.

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 01:05:32 AM »

What annoys me most about Democrats is their endless babbling about how we need to get off oil, air up our tires, drive less, car pool, ride a bike, walk, etc ...

Ok that's all fine and dandy but let's take a look at a few other things we need to give up too ...

The follow list is all petroleum based.

Besides gas there is ...
Lubrications
Propane
Natural Gas
Heating Oil
Plastics
Clothing Ink
Heart Valves
Crayons
Parachutes
Telephones
Enamel
Transparent tape
Antiseptics
Vacuum bottles
Deodorant
Pantyhose
Rubbing Alcohol
Carpets
Epoxy paint
Oil filters
Upholstery
Hearing Aids
Car sound insulation
Cassettes
Motorcycle helmets
Pillows
Shower doors
Shoes
Refrigerator linings
Electrical tape
Safety glass
Awnings
Salad bowl
Rubber cement
Nylon rope
Ice buckets
Fertilizers
Hair coloring
Toilet seats
Denture adhesive
Loudspeakers
Movie film
Fishing boots
Candles
Water pipes
Car enamel
Shower curtains
Credit cards
Aspirin
Golf balls
Detergents
Sunglasses
Glue
Fishing rods
Linoleum
Plastic wood
Soft contact lenses
Trash bags
Hand lotion
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Footballs
Paint brushes
Balloons
Fan belts
Umbrellas
Paint Rollers
Luggage
Antifreeze
Model cars
Floor wax
Sports car bodies
Tires
Dishwashing liquids
Unbreakable dishes
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Combs
Tents
Hair curlers
Lipstick
Ice cube trays
Electric blankets
Tennis rackets
Drinking cups
House paint
Rollerskates wheels
Guitar strings
Ammonia
Eyeglasses
Ice chests
Life jackets
TV cabinets
Car battery cases
Insect repellent
Refrigerants
Typewriter ribbons
Cold cream
Glycerin
Plywood adhesive
Cameras
Anesthetics
Artificial turf
Artificial Limbs
Bandages
Dentures
Mops
Beach Umbrellas
Ballpoint pens
Boats
Nail polish
Golf bags
Caulking
Tape recorders
Curtains
Vitamin capsules
Dashboards
Putty
Percolators
Skis
Insecticides
Fishing lures
Perfumes
Shoe polish
Petroleum jelly
Faucet washers
Food preservatives
Antihistamines
Cortisone
Dyes
LP records
CD's
DVD's
Computers
Solvents
Roofing
TV's

and about 200,000 more products. Safe to say with out oil you wouldn't be in the internet.

Put that in your pipe Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and smoke it.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 08:23:22 AM »

jeez-  I think a better question is why are you so sensitive?  being called "lame" isn't exactly libelous.  who cares what the title of the topic is?  the point of the toic is the topic itself!!

seriously, what is a democrat?  can anyone tell me?

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:26:22 AM »

jeez-  I think a better question is why are you so sensitive?  being called "lame" isn't exactly libelous.  who cares what the title of the topic is?  the point of the toic is the topic itself!!

Perhaps not libelous, but it is definitely insulting, as you intended.  I had noted the thread title when it first popped up and wondered if someone would call you on it.  Exactly what sort of meaningful discussion do you hope to start when you begin with an insult?

Also, I note that you copied the entire written piece from the other site and pasted it here.  That is not fair use.  I removed the text but left the link.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 08:54:24 AM »

last night was good.  and kucinich the night before.  Clinton, kerry, montana governor guy all good
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 08:51:21 PM »

I agree with you that the Democrats are largely a hodge-podge of special interest groups: racial minorities, labor, environmentalists, doves, women's libbers, secularists, etc.  What unites them the most is their opposition to the Republicans, who have a  clearer vision.   If one idea unites them, it is the concept that government can be used to do good, to create social change, redress natural inequities, oversee the economy. etc.  I'm neither a Democrat, Republic, or a libertarian, by the way, but an actual Independent (yes, we do exist). 
Yes we do. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Torgo

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 09:48:35 PM »

I've always been an independent.

I think that Lewis Black summed it up for me one time when he said that Democrats have no ideas and Republicans have nothing but bad ideas.   TeddyR

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »

What annoys me most about Democrats is their endless babbling about how we need to get off oil, air up our tires, drive less, car pool, ride a bike, walk, etc ...

Ok that's all fine and dandy but let's take a look at a few other things we need to give up too ...

The follow list is all petroleum based.

and about 200,000 more products. Safe to say with out oil you wouldn't be in the internet.

Put that in your pipe Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and smoke it.

Can you tell us how much of the oil that is brought up is used for fuel, and how much is used in everything else? Better yet, can you tell us what things can ONLY be done with oil, and which there are alternatives to? I guess since umbrellas are made from oil products, we shouldn't search for alternatives Question

I have no idea what the basis for the complaint against the suggestion that people check the air in their tires and car pool when possible could possibly be.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 06:21:13 PM »

Can you tell us how much of the oil that is brought up is used for fuel, and how much is used in everything else? Better yet, can you tell us what things can ONLY be done with oil, and which there are alternatives to? I guess since umbrellas are made from oil products, we shouldn't search for alternatives Question

I have no idea what the basis for the complaint against the suggestion that people check the air in their tires and car pool when possible could possibly be.

The point is which you seem to miss is that airing op your tires is not a energy plan.

ALL plastics are a petroleum based product. And for the rest of your questions, you have the internet thanks to that evil oil that puts a check in your Alaskan pocket. Look it up.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 09:07:34 PM »

A swing and a miss. ..

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  democrats come roaring back « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.