Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:48:58 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Karate/kickboxing movie from late 80's/early 90's; can't remember title. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Karate/kickboxing movie from late 80's/early 90's; can't remember title.  (Read 10089 times)
metalhead4life
New Visitor

« on: September 06, 2008, 12:05:11 PM »

Hi all, I remember a very cheesey/bad karate movie from what I recall the late 80's early 90's - could be off a few years though. I can't remember the name of it but I remember it beeing so bad that I have to see it again. Actually, funny story, my family and I rented it from Blockbuster back in the early 90's and we returned it but Blockbuster made an inventory mistake and kept calling us insisting we hadn't returned it and wanted the tape back. We kept telling them we returned it - this went on for a good year! AFter a year or longer they called and left a message stating they found the tape and wanted to let us know! hahaha Anyway, on to the movie I'm trying to find:

About a young oriental guy (ill just call him young guy) who is I guess an up and coming in martial arts and this older gentleman wants to train him but the young guy wants to be left alone and they show a scene (which is trying to be comedic) of the old man teacher following around/stalking if you will the young guy on the streets trying to get him to train but he keeps avoiding him. Then the kid goes on by himself to fight opponents in the ring while the old man gets another student (a young American). Well, the young guy loses a few fights if I recall correctly and one of them is to a real big white american guy who is dressed like a genie (has blue pants with a yellow belt; no shirt, black hair, and I believe yellow boots with a tip) and the way he loses is the huge guy just holds his leg/foot out in front of him and the young guy can't get around it to strike and the big guy kicks him real hard in the chest and you see a red foot print of the huge guy on his chest! The young guy then runs in to the old guy's american student and is jumped by him and some of his friends on the street and the american student says something like "heck of a killer punch there, hey moto" after he socks him one. The american student of the old man was real arrogant and left the old man after he learned what he wanted from him. The young guy is then discouraged and then wants the old man to train him. Well, they show us another brilliant comedic scene of this time the student following the old man teacher around the streets trying to get the old man to train him and the old man avoids him. Eventually the old man trains the young guy and he goes on to win in the ring....oh and he also gets revenge on the arrogant american ex-student of the old man teacher in the street.

Sounds like a classic huh? I tried to explain it the best I could from what I remembered. Anyone know what this film is??? Thanks to all who read this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 12:14:43 PM by metalhead4life » Logged
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 01:08:26 PM »

That sounds like Bloodfight

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140859/

It is in the Legends of Kung Fu ten movie pack from Brentwood

metalhead4life
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:39:28 PM »

At first glance, I didn't think that was it since I didn't remember Bolo Yeung being in it but after veiwing some clips on youtube, this looks to be exactly the movie I was looking for! Thanks!! Guess this one is solved. Cool site.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Karate/kickboxing movie from late 80's/early 90's; can't remember title. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.