Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:22:04 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tintorera! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tintorera!  (Read 16163 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 21, 2008, 04:12:10 PM »

Maybe someone can tell me what "Tintorera" means.  It has to be Spanish for "three-way" or "tiger shark."  I'm just not sure which.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scottieh
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 05:30:11 PM »

Saw this at a midnight movie show and thought a better title would be "All Animals Were Harmed In The Making Of This Movie." Funny movie. Love those plaid Speedos and gambling visors.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »

By the way, it means Tiger Shark. I think it was mentioned once in the film...

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:46 AM »

By the way, it means Tiger Shark. I think it was mentioned once in the film...

Yes, per a conversation between Steven's hired helper (nicknamed "Redhead") and a tourist.  I am still not sold on it.  Only part of the movie is about a tiger shark.  Most of the movie is about sexual encounters with at least three participants.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

Most of the movie is about sexual encounters with at least three participants.

And killing sharks!

Awful, awful movie.  One of the worst ever made.  There is exactly one (1) good scene, the bit where the shark tears off the girl's leg and swims off with it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »

Sounds like Summer Lovers (except with two guys and a girl, where SL had two girls and a guy).  I think I'd prefer the two girls and a guy thing better.  And it had a theme song by Chicago  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 10:06:55 AM »

my review:

"normally really like the 70's exploitation mvies but this one ended up turning me off. like if you went out with an attractive man or woman and discovered they were racist, repugnant, or otherwise gross so that any appeal they had for you has long been forgotten and you just want to leave and forget the night ever happened. If you were to take Will Ferrel when he's making fun of 70's male sexuality and increase the macho posturing, latent homoeroticism and just general terribleness by a factor of about 1000 you'd have this. and then they start killing sharks. they really kill them too. It's like we are those sharks. You'll be longing for the days of political correctness after watching this"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Tintorera! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.