Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:08:27 PM
714423 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  clive barker filming nightbreed sequals and redoing hellraiser? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: clive barker filming nightbreed sequals and redoing hellraiser?  (Read 2210 times)
kakihara
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 14, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »

i read that clive is supposed to be re-doing hellraiser, lord help us. if he is involved there is hope. maybe itll be like the first two, you know with that weird dark tone. the first one was b-movie, i heard it cost less than a million to make, but they made the most of it. clive mentioned that he wanted to get a little deeper this time, maybe without pinhead or those damn hooked chains. nightbreed? i have loved this movie since i was a kid! to me its perfect, the characters, the soundtrack,everything. i have never bought this on dvd because i am waiting for them to recover the lost 30 minutes and extras for this movie, the day this happens i will squeel like a little girl and pee on myself. just hearing about sequels to this movie makes me a little sick to my stomach. i really hope that they dont mess up something that is special to me.  Buggedout

exterminate all rational thought.....
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »

Barker is writing, I don't know about directing and as yet there are no actors attached to the project. I hope it doesn't happen but no doubt it will, as the other horror "re-imaginings have done well. There's been alot of Hellraiser films to date, so I'm not really bothered, I totally lost interest after the train-wreck that was "Hellraiser III: Hell On Earth"....Hell on the viewer more like!  Buggedout

Nightbreed would be weird as a remake, I think it would probably be done alot differently to the original film. There's not alot you can change though if Clive is attached to that also, as it matched the novel, the novel is very, very short too.
General moviegoers my age have never even heard of Nightbreed, so it's interesting. That's also the reason I loathe Hollywood's lack of imagination at creating new ideas, all the dumb emo/jock ass-heads will think Pinhead is a "pimp-ass mack-daddy".....some crap like that, an won't even realise there's been about 7 Hellraiser films and that the first is a frickin' horror classic!  Hatred

It's all money, money, money too. Why else make a great film again that's only just 20 years old?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 09:56:09 AM by Circus_Circus » Logged

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 07:49:22 PM »

Last I heard about the Hellraiser remake was that Barker's gonna write it and produce it.  I did hear that Pinhead's in it, but they'll have a bigger budget this time around to do the effects/graphics better, and delve more into the Hell aspect.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 09:12:28 PM »

I'm still wondering what happened to the DVD release of the director's cut of Nightbreed. The studio made Clive cut out over 20 minutes for the theatrical release because they deemed it too "weird".        And as for the remake of Hellraiser, last I heard the director of the seriously messed up French movie Inside was tapped to do it.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:05:49 AM »

Last I heard about the Hellraiser remake was that Barker's gonna write it and produce it.  I did hear that Pinhead's in it, but they'll have a bigger budget this time around to do the effects/graphics better, and delve more into the Hell aspect.

They didn't need a big budget to do the first. I mean, Uncle Frank's resurrection through the floorboards of the attic is one of the greatest sfx scenes I've seen. That's just gonna be CGI and lose all it's magic. CGI will be used probably straight from the start, if we're going to see Frank's journey to hell and his torture. That'll end up looking like the hell scenes from "Spawn" no doubt.  Lookingup

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 08:37:41 AM »

They didn't need a big budget to do the first. I mean, Uncle Frank's resurrection through the floorboards of the attic is one of the greatest sfx scenes I've seen. That's just gonna be CGI and lose all it's magic. CGI will be used probably straight from the start, if we're going to see Frank's journey to hell and his torture. That'll end up looking like the hell scenes from "Spawn" no doubt.  Lookingup
I liked it as well.  But I just used the quote I heard Barker say himself.  Apparently Barker feels it could've been better.

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 04:35:24 PM »

I haven't heard about it being a remake.  I did hear that Clive was writing the last Pinhead story where they kill the character off for good.  That'd be a shame.  I like Pinhead more then some of the other famous movie slashers.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 06:42:38 PM »

I haven't heard about it being a remake.  I did hear that Clive was writing the last Pinhead story where they kill the character off for good.  That'd be a shame.  I like Pinhead more then some of the other famous movie slashers.
There is a remake of the first that Clive's involved in, and he's writing a separate story where Pinhead is finished off for good.  No word on if the one where Pinhead is finished off will become a movie.  As of now, it's just a story that's been written.  I think he may publish it, if no studio wants to make it a movie. 

The remake is due out in January.  Clive's involvement was pretty heavy for a while, going so far as to write a 45 page treatment/story for them.  I think he also served as producer, helping to find the director.  Somewhere, the studio either fired the director, or made the director step down/quit, and Clive at one point stepped away over it.  To my knowledge, he'll still be credited as a producer/story writer, but I'm unsure if he's come back since the incident with the director.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  clive barker filming nightbreed sequals and redoing hellraiser? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.