Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:31:23 PM
714536 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7746 Members
Latest Member: Bluetoothicb
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Been Bitten? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Ever Been Bitten?  (Read 11489 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 20, 2008, 09:55:50 PM »

Earlier today I was remembering the time when I was about 15-16 years old.  I picked up a garter snake and all of a sudden it struck at me and latched onto the left side of my right index finger. (the fleshy part just past the first knuckle)
The pain was terrible!  I'd never been bitten by a snake before and it kind of scared me.
I managed to get it off by squeezing it's head with my fingers.  After that, I let it go.

I've also been bitten by both dogs and cats.  The dog bite I remember was from one of those dogs with a purple tongue.  (can't remember what breed it was)  That bite was also on my right hand near my thumb (I was attempting to pet it) and it hurt like hell.  To this day, I hate that type of dog and won't go near one. 

A few years ago I woke up with a nasty welt on my chest where some kind of spider had nailed me while I was asleep.  There were two small dots and on the other side of them, two more.  The spider struck me once, turned around 180 degrees and got me again. 
The pain radiated from the bite for darn near a week and I even considered going to a doctor because it hurt so bad.  It eventually cleared up after a week or so.

I'm sure that most of us have been bitten by something (or someone) at some point in our lives.
I'm curious to know what you've been bitten by.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:58:30 PM by Ash » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:02:34 PM »

Never got a snake bite. Got bit by dogs,cats and bugs and hamsters ( in fact...when I was 7 I slammed a hamster into a barn wall because he bit me). Got bit by GIRLS too...but thats a different story....

My brother Glenn bit me when he was real drunk and I put him into a headlock to try to keep him into the house instead of running around down the street wasted drunk. I let him go...he got popped...he punched a cop and got a hundred dollar fine...this was back in about 1982...cops were a little more leinent back then,it seems. If you s**t a funny color in Michigan NOW...you go to jail.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:07:26 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
akiratubo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »

I have never been bitten by anything, ever.  Considering that I deal with animals much like the late Steve Irwin (Look! Something with big, sharp teeth!  I'll pet it!) that's pretty amazing.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 12:33:04 AM »

The occaisonal bug bite, my dog bit me once in the thumb but other than that, nope.  And if I get into a fight, I'll be the biter, not the bitee.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »

I've been tagged by more snakes (non venomous) than I can count . . . still keep catching them, though.  Oh, and also by lizards, turtles, and my pet raccoon when I was a kid that loved chewing on my toes for some bizarre reason.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 01:31:12 AM »

I was a kid that loved chewing on my toes for some bizarre reason.

Weird,, , just weird. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 07:16:23 AM »

I got attacked by some rabid stray dog when I was about 7, my parents had just left me outside the house and went off somewhere. This dog just ran up to me barking like crazy, I backed off and it knocked me down and started going nuts, chewing my pants and leg. A taxi driver came by and pulled over and got the dog off me, he stayed with me in his taxi 'til my parents got back. He was really cool, he looked like Ernie Hudson and his  cab had animal print seat covers.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:09:32 PM by Circus_Circus » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 12:08:42 PM »

I recall fishing at Cape Cod one night and waking up the next morning to a giant red welt on my upper chest area.  The rash countinued down to my stomach in blotches until I went to the doctor.  He prescribed me these pills that gave me massive munchies. 

I have been bitten by my cat many times because I play wrestle with him.  He has a bite that has punctured skin in the past.  I've almost been bitten many times by dogs while riding on my bike as a kid.  Hence why I have a high distaste for them (no offense dog lovers).  Luckily they never caught me, if they did I would have hoped my parents would have sued the pants off of them. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 02:01:42 PM »

I have a scar on my arm from being bitten by a baby elephant seal during a weighing/tagging event.  I was wearing three layers of clothes and the damage was from impact with the mouth, but he didn't break through the clothes and chomp in, otherwise I'd have to go to the hospital and get injections to stop "seal finger", a disease you get from seal bites that can cause your fingers and toes to fall off.

Besides that, just the usual kitten/puppy/little kid chomps that leave no permanent damage.

BTM

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »

I got attacked by some rabid stray dog when I was about 7,

Wait, like for real rabid?  As in foaming at the mouth, had to be put down, rabid?  Wow, did you have to get shots after wards?

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 05:05:27 PM »

I got attacked by some rabid stray dog when I was about 7,

Wait, like for real rabid?  As in foaming at the mouth, had to be put down, rabid?  Wow, did you have to get shots after wards?

Yeah, like quite embarrassingly in the ass, feels like someone's injecting a snooker ball in it  Buggedout

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 08:56:18 PM »

I've been bitten by dogs and cats, though nothing serious. I have been attacked by a rabbit (I was just trying to catch it so I could pet it!!  TeddyR I was like 5 years old). Just after college, I was attacked by a squirrel: The bugger jumped straight at me. Thanks to my cat-like reflexes, however, I managed to fall flat on my face in the wet grass and evade the vile beast's attack; it jumped over me again and ran for a tree, presumably to laugh with its buddies over a tankard of acorn beer about how it took down a big, bad, human.

I have been bitten by uncountable mosquitoes just in the past week, but I figure that that probably doesn't count unless I develop malaria or West Nile disease. I have been stung by 5 wasps at one time, and by a scorpion. I have avoided snakebites thus far, however, and I plan to continue doing so. My father was bitten by a cottonmouth once; he was hospitalized for several days before making a full recovery.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »

Been bitten by lots of things, but so far, nothing bigger than a bug has broken the skin. Usually, it's either been a play bite, a warning bite or a case of overenthusiastic hand feeding. Now, if we include claws, I did get shredded up pretty good by a p**sed off Siamese cat when I was little. And yes, I was the one who p**sed it off, but that cat was insane. I generally like cats, but to this day, I hate Siamese cats.

On a lighter note, this reminds me of a funny story that happened a few weeks ago. I was checking out a sale of second-hand junk that was advertised in the garage sale listings. A big repair bay full of miscellaneous parts, tools, vacuum tubes, boat propellers, machinery. A candy store for somebody like me. Anyway, the only person there was an old guy who just kind of sat there, took money, answered questions, etc. And he had this old dog. Can't place the breed, but it was some cute little barrel-shaped thing with a face white-streaked with age. It was just laying contentedly in one spot the whole time I was there.

You can imagine where this is going. Fast forward. I'm looking through a bin full of taps and drill bits right next to the dog, and talking to the owner, who was sitting nearby as well. The dog isn't making a peep. Just laying there lazily and looking up at me with big, cute eyes. So, I squat down and reach my hand out......

And promptly yank it back as the little beast just about takes it off. I mean, this thing moved fast, snarling, snapping, barking like mad for just a second, then just trotted away and plunked down somewhere else.

After all that, the old guy casually notes, "She's a little touchy."

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up.  Lookingup

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dave M
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 11:29:41 PM »

About a year ago I was bitten in both hands by a feral cat, trying to put him in a box to take home (the feral ones are the best mousers). Got infected and was in the hospital for a week, on antibiotics for a week after that. They say cat bites are one of the worst you can get, infection wise. I was bitten by a squirel about a week before that and it wasn't a big deal. Had ferret bites before, they bleed pretty bad, but aren't as painful as they look. The cat bites are the only thing I've ever had infected.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 08:31:25 AM »

I've been bitten by 100's of snakes, bugs, spiders, critters, horses, dogs, cats, and a few humans in my younger more violent days.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Been Bitten? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.