Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:07 PM
714388 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Voter Fraud « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Voter Fraud  (Read 6892 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 08, 2008, 09:51:18 AM »

All throughout the Democratic primaries, the most shamefully under-reported story among the mainstream press was the rampant voter fraud being carried out in support of one of the candidates. The powers that be within the Democratic Party suggested that for this to be made an issue would be "damaging" to the morale and reputation of Democrats, and so in the interest of party loyalty, far less of an issue was raised about voter legitimacy than there should have been.

However, the Republican Party and its media allies, having few scruples about damaging Democrats, are finally beginning to widely report on the frightening extent to which voter fraud is ongoing. I predict this is going to become a major issue, as well it should, and think the controversy of this criminal practice---nothing less than the hijacking of democracy itself---will become possibly the biggest story to arise out of this election. I am not alone in believing that voter fraud changed the outcome of the Democratic primaries, and could well undermine the national election in November.

In my opinion, a major scandal is coming, along with it recount and election-challenge nightmares that will make Florida 2000 seem a fond memory. Americans of all political persuasions should feel justified outrage at what is happening in our nation.

And lest anyone assume I speak from a position of personal bias, I am a registered independent who has previously tended to support Democrats, and may well refrain from voting at all this time around: let's conveniently say I am undecided.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »

Evidence?

Every report I've *ever* read about this shows that the facts are not keeping up with the Republican rhetoric, and that the actual effect of "voter fraud" efforts in every documented case are to cause legitimate voters to be prevented from voting.

Pardon me if I am suspicious about your stated party leanings. This is a rallying cry of the right. It was at the core of a number of the attorney general firings. "We want you to bring up voter fraud cases and convict some Democrats" "Why? There's no evidence of any fraud" "You're fired".
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 10:21:19 AM »

schmendrik, I've never voted for a Republican in my life. I'm an American who believes widescale voter fraud is underway.

I guess time will tell whether my concerns are justified. I actually hope I'm wrong, tell ya the truth. I knew this would be a controversial topic to bring up, but I think it is something that should be looked into.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:24:55 AM by ER » Logged

ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »

Based on what? I too am curious, since I've not been able to dig up anything credible on the subject. My curiosity is in how it would actually be carried out.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »

Google news reports on "ACORN" to start with.

But you know, as I said, time will tell with this issue. I do think you'll be hearing more and more about this topic as the election nears. Will all reports of voter fraud be valid? I doubt it. But is voter fraud going on in huge numbers right now? I suspect it is.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:31:19 AM by ER » Logged

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:38 AM »

Please, this is just an imagined conspiracy by a dying party.  Where is the evidence?  If you are so convinced, how about a link, any link?  Sort of like this link of Republican voter shenanigans that got thrown out over a statewide revolt over their horrid tactics:  http://www.kpax.com/global/story.asp?s=9142552

ACORN:
On Oct. 6, ACORN and Project Vote announced the conclusion of the most successful voter registration drive in history with more than 1.3 million new voters registered in 21 states.

Here is what ER is talking about but can't link to for some reason: http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10/07/acorn-vegas-office-raided-voter-fraud-investigation/

Here is an article detailing the Obama campaign's response:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/03/obama-camp-debunks-voter_n_131686.html
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:35:42 AM by That One Tars Tarkas » Logged

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 10:58:32 AM »

More recently, 27,000 registrations handled by the group from January to July 2008 "went into limbo because they were incomplete, inaccurate, or fraudulent," said James Terry, chief public advocate at the Consumers Rights League.

Weasle-wording fails to impress me.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 11:00:16 AM »

Tarkas, thanks for the FOX News link. Being less than a fan of FOX News, I hadn't seen that one! Glad word is spreading. I did read the Senator Obama link you posted, and thanks for that, too. After looking it over, methinks the Obama campaign sounds worried, and doth protest too much.

I know a topic like this could get nasty in here and elsewhere, so, shrug, ultimately as I said, time will tell who is right. If the election goes off smoothly, civilly and devoid of fraud, no one will be happier than me.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:04:13 AM by ER » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 11:54:02 AM »

Of course some voter fraud occurs during every election.  The smaller the scale of the election, the more likely it is that a few hundred votes could change the outcome.

I didn't see anything in those reports to suggest that ACORN's alleged fraud was large enough to effect the results of the primaries.

I'm not worried that voter fraud will effect the popular vote in the upcoming nationwide election.  Still, it may have occurred at least once in American history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_1960#Controversies

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 12:50:03 PM »

I don't know, Rev, in 2000 the Florida election came down to less than a hundred votes, so who can predict what the margins might be this year? I think there's an organized strategy behind this campaign of fraud, with certain key states being heavily targeted. Believe me, you'll be hearing a lot more about between now and November.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 01:36:33 PM »

Yep, no one can predict.  But 2000 was one of the closest elections in Presidential history; I would be surprised if there were margins close enough for cheating to be effective once every 40 years.  For voter fraud to sway an election, the election had to be statistically close, AND the cheaters have to identify the proper swing states to throw their resources into, AND (maybe most importantly) one side has to cheat significantly more than the other.  If both sides cheat by about the same amount, they'll neutralize each other!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 01:37:17 PM »

With the latest poll numbers, fraud is not needed.  

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2008, 05:24:05 PM »

Thanks to ER for bringing up the topic.  I am enough of a historian I think I can honestly say that there has never been a U.S. Presidential election in which voter fraud did not occur.  Most of the time, the fraud was perpetrated pretty evenly by both parties and had the effect of being self-nullifying.  If the current reports are indeed only the tip of the iceberg, however, this year could be different.

And the sad part is, I don't know that Obama needs it.  The man frankly scares the hell out of me, but it looks like he may win regardless.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
raj

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2008, 05:25:34 PM »

Just came across this item about ACORN:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/30613864.html

"State authorities on Tuesday raided an organization that registers low-income people to vote, alleging that its canvassers falsified forms with bogus names, fake addresses or famous personalities.

The secretary of state's office launched an investigation after noticing that names did not match addresses and that most members of the Dallas Cowboys appeared to be registering in Nevada to vote in November's general election."

CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 10:18:47 AM »

Evidence?

Every report I've *ever* read about this shows that the facts are not keeping up with the Republican rhetoric, and that the actual effect of "voter fraud" efforts in every documented case are to cause legitimate voters to be prevented from voting.

Pardon me if I am suspicious about your stated party leanings. This is a rallying cry of the right. It was at the core of a number of the attorney general firings. "We want you to bring up voter fraud cases and convict some Democrats" "Why? There's no evidence of any fraud" "You're fired".

Evidence? Do you watch anything other than Cartoon Network? Reports are every where, even on MSNBC.

Many reports coming out of Ohio of voter fraud and same day voting is rampant, homeless being given money and cigarettes to register and vote for Obama.

You're free to google that if you want evidence.

But who is allowing it to happen in Ohio, the Democrat Sectary of State.

In other state they tried to require Voter ID's but guess who blocked in and challenged it in court, the Democrats.
Their reason it was too burdensome on the poor that who couldn't make it to the mobile ID vans that would come to their house ... here's my question.

Ga. Democrats sue over voter ID law

If you can't make it out to get a Voter ID, then how the hell are you going to make it out to vote?

Now the good news is this was overturned and now people actually have to get up off their ass and walk out to their driveway/parking lot and get a FREE voter ID ... God help them if the voting booth is not in their living room.

Point is every time there is voter fraud, it's linked to Democrats, every time the Republicans try to require the burdensome picture ID, the Democrats try to stop it. Every time there is a "get out the vote" movement it's Democrat and it's ripe with corruption.

The Republicans have the complex set of rules.
1. You can register to vote once only.
2. You must be living legally in the US.
3. You must be living.   
4. You are allowed to vote once in you prescribed district.

See that's so easy even a Democrat can do it.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Voter Fraud « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.