Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:23:30 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  US Nuns labelled as Terrorists? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US Nuns labelled as Terrorists?  (Read 4059 times)
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 10, 2008, 10:52:30 PM »

Nun Terrorists? Is there such a thing??

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=645455

Regardless of what they did/what they will do, these sound like a couple of interesting ladies.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »

I get what they're saying, but the whole "when your whole life has been one of loving nonviolence" thing wasn't why they were listed as terrorists, but rather the "The Dominican nuns broke into a US nuclear missile silo in Colorado in 2002" part. Someone breaks into a missile silo, they get watched, HARD, no matter their intent. If the same thing were to happen in Ukraine in the early 90's, we'd sure want them listed as terrorists, even if they were Buddhists.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
dean

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 03:33:58 AM »

Not only that, but they painted crucifixes of their own blood all over the joint!

Crazy nuns!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:08:28 PM »

Well there's that, but as weird as it is, it nowhere approaches "Terrorism". For all we know they could have been breaking in for much worse reasons than to paint a message.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »

I'd like to know what kind of missile silo they broke into. The Air Force keeps a close watch on the ones that have actual ICBMs in them and they take a dim view of tresspassers, so if they got into an active silo you can bet they'd be prosecuted, also there would be some Air Force people up the well know tributary without any means of propulsion. I've had nuns around me all my life and I've noticed that their version of reality is a bit different than ours, which is generally a good thing. In this case they did what they thought needed doing.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
raj

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 12:23:30 PM »

Um, from the story it sounds like the Maryland State Police told them that they were wrongfully on the terrorist watch list.  Given that their "nonviolent" actions resulted in prison time I could see them potentially being on a watch list of some sort.  It is at least arguable, unlike the time Sen. Ted Kennedy was on the "no fly" list.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 03:27:21 PM »

Yea, I'm not real keen on anyone breaking into a missile silo, no matter how good their intentions are. If claiming you are a nun is all it takes to keep the authorities from watching you after you break into such a secure area, then we'd all haveserious reason to be nervous IMO. Even if there is no missile or warhead present, who knows what technologies can be gleaned, technologies that could help someone do exactly what a nuclear missile does: deliver a destructive device a considerable distance in a short amount of time.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  US Nuns labelled as Terrorists? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.