Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:40:19 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A Mouse Has Invaded My Apartment « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Mouse Has Invaded My Apartment  (Read 3330 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 15, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »

So, I'm in the bathroom, doing my thing, when I saw a freaking MOUSE run across the floor of my bedroom and dive under my dresser!  The thing was so fast and unexpected I kind of yelped a bit (but it was a manly yelp, dammit!  Like, "AHHHH!").  Okay, so, now I'm not wanting to go to lay down and rest just yet, for fear of waking up with some furry damn thing on my face.  And it was a decent sized mouse too, wasn't some kind small er.. mousy mouse. 

So, I called the Department of Housing (I live in public housing) and they said the most they could do was provide me with some traps and I go, "Okay, that'd be great!" and they said they'd bring them to me ASAP.  Not sure what type of traps they'll give me, hope it's the box kind, so I don't have to see the aftermath, but either way...

I know some of you reading this might not approve of killing animals for ANY reason, not matter icky, gross, inconvenient or annoying they are and say to you, "Fine!"  Tell me a non lethal way to get this fellow out of my apartment that's not going to cost me an arm and leg, and I'll do it.  Otherwise

THIS THING IS GOING DOWN!

Sides, I don't have much choice, this could be a momma mouse, and I sure as hell am not letting a whole bunch of spawn move into my apartment (especially if they're not chipping in with the rent.)

Besides, "house" mice aren't the same as wild mice and can't survive in an outside environment.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't looking forward to this, but the number of things in my life that fall under that list is extraordinarily high.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 03:53:06 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:02:06 PM »

I say kill the rodent.  I've killed several with the snap traps in my old place.  Those traps honestly I have found to be the most effective.  My cat took care of the rest. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 12:53:19 PM »

Well, there are such things as non-lethal traps, but what do you do after you catch the mouse with one of those? I don't have a moral issue with killing them.

We had mice in our house. The exterminator put down some sort of poison baits that seemed to do the trick. No little mousy bodies to deal with.

I had a bat in my apartment once, trapped it in a window (between inner and outer windows) and when the apartment handyman showed up, he killed it by squashing it. Ick. I'm afraid I'm not quite manly enough to squash things larger than insects. I even have a hard time squashing large furry spiders.
BTM

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 01:41:26 PM »

Update:  Well, I jury rigged a non-lethal trap (kind of clever, IMHO) while I wait for the guy from Housing to stop by with a trap or two I can borrow.  It's a race to see which one gets the little bugger first.

To answer a question, if I catch it alive, I dunno, maybe I'll just drive to the park and dump it out there, although I've heard someone tell me that "house" mice can't survive too well on the outside...  Strangely enough, there's a rumor in my apartment (one of many, of course) that the new guy might have brought it in the apartment when he moved in.  The lady down the hall (who's lived here like five years or so) said the apartment has never had problems with mice before.  She also said the mouse ran out of Lois' (my neighbor across the hall) apartment and into mine (gee, thanks for the warning guys.)

Hate to admit this, but I don't want to lie down on my bed right now... nervous that I'll wake up with that dang mouse on my face...

Crazily enough, the mouse seemed rather large for a field mouse... wonder if it's someone's pet... hmm.  (Pets aren't allowed here, except for fish and birds.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 04:29:11 PM by BTM » Logged

Wortcov
Bad Movie Lover

the High Inquisitor of bath and wells

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 02:05:24 PM »

the Swedish way to do it ( true story, we did this about 5-6 years ago )  TongueOut

you will need:
4-5 friends
brooms
a backdoor ( or in your case, a window whit a ramp)

step1: locate the mouse
step2: hunt said mouse around for a while ( to drain its stamina)
step 3: make the mouse run between the door( or ramped window) and one of the friends armed whit a broom
step4: launch the mouse out the door/window whit the broom and close it afterwards
step5: celebrate this human victory over nature whit beer  Cheers
BTM

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 04:30:36 PM »

the Swedish way to do it ( true story, we did this about 5-6 years ago )  TongueOut

That method would be kind of hard, cause first I'd have to chase it out MY door, down the hall (making sure it doesn't sneak into someone else's apartment), into the elevator, down four floors, and (again making sure if doesn't go under another door) out the back door to the apartment complex.  :)

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 05:19:48 PM »

Just smash it with a hammer!  TeddyR (sorry, couldn't resist)

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A Mouse Has Invaded My Apartment « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.