Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:43:46 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Obama Wins! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Obama Wins!  (Read 13296 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2008, 10:21:28 AM »

My congratulations to all the candidates nationwide who won their elections yesterday, from our new President-elect on down. I wish every one of them success and wisdom, and hope they guide us with honesty and intelligence. Good luck in tough times to the American people, whatever their political leanings, and here's to wishing the next four years on planet earth are the best they can be.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2008, 10:35:40 AM »

she should never have signed on to the campaign.   I wonder what she thought of like McCain-Feingold.  or mcCain kennedy.

they didn't seem to be on the same page ideologically at all
Menard
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2008, 11:08:26 AM »

I really wish we could keep Palin around for entertainment purposes. Someone should give her a talk show or appoint her Federal Jester or something.

Hmmm...

Maybe I should start a Palin thought of the day on my website.

She would naturally be under Indy...

...oh...that didn't come out right Buggedout

Thoughts?

Legal issues? (it would be in parody)
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 12:09:47 PM »

Despite being sick as all get out, I still made it to the polls and helped history happen, then watched Barack win on TV!  WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2008, 01:38:44 PM »

Small | Large

TeddyR

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2008, 02:14:34 PM »

Obama has changed the way presidential elections will be run from now on.  He had quite a network of volunteers setup for canvasing voters, getting people registered to vote, and getting them to the polls to vote.

He raised an ungodly amount of  money direct from the people through the internet  with the average donation being like $86.

I especially proud that he did all this without resorting to any kind of negative personal attacks his opponent.

I'm also glad he won in a landslide the way he did.  Now we get to wait and see if he can bring people together and get us out of the mess Bush has left us.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Torgo

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 03:40:18 PM »

Congrats to Mr. Obama and may we see peace and prosperity in the coming four years.   Thumbup

I agree to that!   Thumbup

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 04:10:10 PM »

Like it or not, history has been made.  Thats something to treasure.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
the master
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »

Thumbup
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »

I wish him the best of luck, but I'll give him a month in office before some crazy sh!t happens.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
raj

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 07:39:55 PM »

Living in Toledo I can honestly say that I am glad the tv ads and the phone messages are now over.
Raffine

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 08:10:17 PM »

I wish him the best of luck, but I'll give him a month in office before some crazy sh!t happens.

Joe Biden! Is that you..?

BounceGiggle

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Torgo

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 08:32:28 PM »

I live in VA and I never thought that I would see in my lifetime my state vote democratic for President.  The last time VA did that was in 1964 for Lyndon B. Johnson. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2008, 09:04:11 AM »

Finally, I can put the last 8 years behind me.

Unfortunately this is a big loss for comedians, some of whom I'm sure voted for McCain in the hopes of Palin providing them with endless material for a few years. TongueOut

I'm quite worried about David Letterman because even if McCain had won, he'd still be capable of forming sentences.  Obama's a fine speaker too.  The glittering era of Letterman's "Great Moments In Presidential Speechmaking" is nearly over!  Unless Joe Biden sustains a serious head injury in a fast hurry, we're going to be pretty bereft of some serious laughs.

We can only hope the "W" blooper tapes are released quickly, before the moment passes.

Honestly, I think McCain made a good effort -- people are so disenchanted with the Republican Party that I'm surprised the vote was as close as it is.  It would have been interesting, in a totally undesirable way, to find out what he would have actually done in the Oval Office.  I think he chose Palin because she would (and did) appeal to a specific group whose votes he wanted.  And she sure helped distance him from the Bush-Cheney contingent.

I still think Obama looks like a store mannequin, but I think he was the better candidate. Scrod bless us, every one!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:11:34 AM by Fishasaurus » Logged

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »

Obama has changed the way presidential elections will be run from now on.

That was what had me cheering for him, as an interested neighbour. He had the most positive and innovative campaign I've seen at that level. He came off as somebody who is sincere about doing things differently, open to unconventional solutions and capable of using all the tools currently at his disposal, not to mention someone who is capable of inspiring people. McCain's campaign was fairly unremarkable.

As somebody looking at America from the outside, I have to say you've got the guy you need at this particular time.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Obama Wins! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.