Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 03:16:49 PM
714796 Posts in 53106 Topics by 7750 Members
Latest Member: Josette
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Let's Help RC « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Let's Help RC  (Read 13617 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »

I'm planning on sending him something too. Let's see if I can navigate my way through Paypal. Suspect where I'm in Canada, something might get deducted as our dollar is worth less than the American one. I'll probably send a small box of items to you Ash for him as well...I just hope they'll get there in time.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 04:22:58 AM »

Money is extremely tight for me right now but I want to help brighten his day a bit too.  I know he loves MAD magazine and I have quite a few MADS dating back to the 80s I'd like to contribute.  If you're ok Ash with adding this to the care package let me know.  I'll hopefully sort through them tommorow.

By all means, please send them.  I'm sure he'd love them!   Thumbup
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 05:01:52 PM »

Money is extremely tight for me right now but I want to help brighten his day a bit too.  I know he loves MAD magazine and I have quite a few MADS dating back to the 80s I'd like to contribute.  If you're ok Ash with adding this to the care package let me know.  I'll hopefully sort through them tommorow.

By all means, please send them.  I'm sure he'd love them!   Thumbup
Update, I went through and picked out a few items.  I will send them media mail Monday.  Let me know when you get them.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2008, 03:40:23 PM »

Update

I received the DVD from Anubis yesterday.  I didn't open it and will just leave it packaged like it is.
Thanks to Andrew for making this a temporary sticky.  If he didn't, I would constantly have to keep bumping this back up and it would've been quickly buried by the other threads.

By the way, I noticed on the Paypal fee page that as a Premier account holder, I actually get a better deal when it comes to receiving money than a Personal account holder.

To receive payments funded by Credit Card, Debit Card or Buyer Credit, a personal account holder is charged 4.9% + $0.30 USD.

For my account, I'm charged 1.9%-2.9% + $0.30 USD, which is much lower.

If you would still like to donate to RC to help him out, by all means do so.  Just a reminder that all donations and items must be received by Nov. 30th

Thanks again!   Smile
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:53:47 PM by Ash » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 11:02:49 PM »

I talked with RON tonight; we just got off the phone.  He is doing well, moving from his current address within the next several days and has made deposit on an apartment.  TARA SUE is not well and RON is looking at a very few months.  They spent time together today and TARA has a place she's moving to where they will care for her.  RON will be reunited with his sons shortly.  I mentioned only that ASH had started a thread dedicated to him and that there were many kind remaks about him.  He was excited at the idea of coming back, misses everyone on the board, and plans to get his own Computer in the next several weeks.   Smile  Hang in there, our buddy!! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 10:38:27 AM »

Sorry to hear about RC, has he tried to renegotiate his loan? Banks would rather renegotiate than kick you out. They don't like houses setting empty.

There are many services like HUD and other social services that he can apply for. Many communities will have NEED LINES and FOOD LINES that will provide food and clothing, etc.

I'm very sorry to hear Tara Sue is not doing will, with everything else it must be extremely stressful for RC. My prayers are with him.   

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 03:28:52 PM »

RC has a lot of energy for life.  He's very open about how he feels and what he's thinking about.  It's good to hear that a few things seem to be looking up.  Depending on what is going on with his house, I heard that Fannie and Freddie are putting a freeze on foreclosures until after the holidays.  Perhaps he might be in that lucky group?

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 01:44:24 AM »

Depending on what is going on with his house, I heard that Fannie and Freddie are putting a freeze on foreclosures until after the holidays.  Perhaps he might be in that lucky group?

That he is part of that freeze will be my prayer for the next couple of months. Ronnie, we're with you.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »

Depending on what is going on with his house, I heard that Fannie and Freddie are putting a freeze on foreclosures until after the holidays.  Perhaps he might be in that lucky group?

That he is part of that freeze will be my prayer for the next couple of months. Ronnie, we're with you.  Smile
RON had made the decision to move to an apartment some time ago; he feels that that is best for his family right now.  I don't see him changing his plans.  Let's hope that it proves a good choice. 

Raffine

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 05:55:14 PM »

I mailed a package for RC today to Ash via 'Priority Mail' so it should be there by Friday, what with Thanksgiving and all.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 10:52:24 AM »

From his conversations on this board I can tell that RC is a rare breed for these days, a blatantly honest man.  He is also extremely good natured for some who battles demons everyday.

I am glad he hasn't dropped out of site the way some former members with problems have.  Any little bit I can do to help him, I ready and willing.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 12:13:51 AM »

My thanks to everyone who has donated to help RC out so far.
How many other forums do you know of where the regulars are this generous and caring?
Not many, I assure you.
Your generosity is much appreciated and goes to show you how important this forum and it's people are.
RC is hanging off the edge of a cliff and some of you have thrust your hands forward to help drag him back up.   
We won't let him fall.
I cannot thank you enough for that.  Thumbup

I tried calling RC tonight but it just rang and rang with no answer.  Hopefully he had a good Thanksgiving with people who care about him.
Allhallowsday, if you happen to talk to him before I do, please get his new address and give it to me in a PM.  Just tell him we want to send him a Christmas card from all of us or something.   Wink
I don't want our efforts to help him go down the drain and our package for him sent back simply because we didn't have his correct address.  Hopefully he'll submit a forwarding address to the post office.

To everyone else, there's still time to donate $$ to help him. 
Please, if you can spare it, send a donation to him.  Every little bit helps.  And God knows he really needs it.

So far, we've raised about $300 in cash and numerous movie, comic book and book donations.
But he can always use more.  Please find it in your heart to send a donation to RC if you haven't already done so.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 06:37:58 PM by Ash » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »

Hi ASH,
RON couldn't recall his new address when we spoke.  So, I had asked him to send it to me; he was planning to send a postcard with that.  I will PM you when I hear from him. 

Ash

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2008, 06:11:51 AM »

UPDATE

I withdrew the total amount of the donations from my Paypal account and had it deposited into my bank account.  The grand total after Paypal fees came to $193.45.
If you add in the $100 Dennis & Poogie sent in an envelope, the total comes to $293.45.

That's awesome!   Smile
It'll definitely help RC out.

It normally takes 3-5 business days to get the funds transferred from a Paypal account to a bank account, but to my surprise the money was transferred quickly.
I'll stop by my bank later today, withdraw the cash and have it changed into a money order.

Thanks again to all of you who helped him out.   Thumbup
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:22:02 AM by Ash » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 07:45:47 AM »

Moved this to the moderator board for Ash.  He talked to RC, and RC will be back on the forum soon.  Ash wants the package to be a surprise when it arrives.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Let's Help RC « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.