Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:34:25 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra  (Read 51293 times)
GilbeeFromMagoombo
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »

Greetings from Magoombo! First off let me start by stating that I am wholly aware of the fact that people have differences of opinion and taste. That said, I think you, sir, must have the sense of humor of a gnat. Your review of The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra couldn't have been more off the mark. I have been a slightly rabid fan of this film since I first picked it up from my local video store's "bargain bin". Apparently, some other knuckle-headed fool shared your views on this masterpiece of cinema. I had heard of the film during it's theatrical run, but for some reason or another never got around to seeing it. Part of me was wary of this type of film. I agree with you on that, I generally stay away from "spoofs" altogether. They just don't agree with me whatsoever (gas,bloating,nausea,crying fits,etc). Yet, Hollywood still seems to find the Time and Money to crank out these monstrosities at an alarming rate. So, I popped this thing in my dvd player expecting a bad reaction, but boy was I surprised. It was a treat from start to finish. I loved it, my family loved it, the mailman even loved it. I thought that the "spoofing" was done with a lot of respect and love for those old films, and in no way did I feel my intelligence was being insulted. I could tell the film's creator was a true lover of bad cinema and thought he did an excellent job. I feel the film is laughing right along with the b-movie spirit, not at it. It Troubles and Saddens me to think that anyone would feel the way you do about this, sure to be classic, gem. Oh well, to each his own, as Rick James would say. Anyways, I'm glad to see the film reviewed on your site, which I am new to, and will enjoy visiting in the future.  
GilbyFromMagoombo
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2008, 11:01:22 PM »

I would just like to say that me and GilbeeFromMagoombo are not the same person. He is my evil twin (or am I the evil one? Hmm...my memory isn't what it used to be.) I do, however agree with everything he posted in his comment. Except for that thing about Rick James, I'm not so sure if that's accurate.
Cavey2000
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »

So what does a bad review on "BadMovies.org" mean?  Does that make it a good movie?  I'm so confused.

For the record, I liked it.

ScoRho
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2009, 11:08:17 PM »

It's probably my second favorite movie ever, behind The Third Man, and one of the most quotable movies ever. I can't get enough of the brilliantly bad dialog.
Austin
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2009, 12:29:15 AM »

I've discovered first hand that this movie is not for everyone, including B movie fans.  I bored the hell out of a couple I'm friends with one evening, and we tend to like a lot of the same kind of movies.

I absolutely loved it, though.  I would have such a hard time delivering some of the lines in a complete deadpan.  I enjoyed the dialogue - it was just the right amount of cheese to let you know this was a parody of something that was already bad.  The "special effects" looked like something a creative kid would put together (am I crazy, or is the 'transmorphing ray' a caulk gun with a coffee cup on it?), and the acting, for what it is, was pretty good, considering they were trying to act like complete hams on purpose.

There's nothing I didn't like about this movie, but I can understand why some wouldn't enjoy it.

Bonus:  Watch the behind the scenes stuff on the dvd - it's obvious they had a blast filming this movie.
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2009, 01:39:58 PM »

Funny, Just this morning I looked up some quotes from this.  I'm a fan.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Bonesey
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »

"They knew what to parody, but could not quite figure how, so they went overboard. They could have used the same story, but written the script to be completely serious, and I might well have loved it. "

Andrew nailed it with the above quote. It's exactly how I feel about the movie.

Personally I stopped watching it at the 50 minute mark as I was so bored and knew the film wasn't going to do anything differently. I completely agree that if it had been re-written as being far more serious and had more dead pan delivery of some good lines it could have been an amusing film. As it is, it is really boring and over the top. The few little chuckles did not make it worth watching.

All in all a p**s weak movie.
Midnight
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2010, 01:03:23 AM »

The charm of this movie--at leat for me--is the affection these people obviously have for the 50's sci-fi films, and that they made it a FARCE, not  just a comedy or satire.  The overblown dialog, the flamboyant acting, the hide-and-seek are all classic farcical elements.

Farce isn't for everyone; no genre is.  But give me something like Cadavra, which recognizes and  tries to pay homage to its predecessors, over something deathly serious like Carpenter's "Thing", which pretends that past films never existed.
ralphyralph
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 04:15:38 PM »

This movie was FUNNY!
CalrissianFoxxSteele
Dedicated Viewer

God

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 10:15:09 PM »

I don't get the severe dislike of this movie.
I honestly don't.
It's not to be taken seriously, and that is EXTREMELY obvious.
Yes, it is very dry humor...but when you have seen many movies like this and have the right sense of humor about it. It's an underground classic.
I understand why people don't get it, and don't find it funny.
But to think this bad about it is ridiculous, it is supposed to be.
I tell this to people who think a show like 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' is "stupid"...
"Well maybe you are the stupid one."

“I’m gonna live a rockstar life. Money, b***hes, and fame. Because my mommy said I can do anything I put my mind to.”
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2011, 02:15:31 PM »

LSOC was a much better film than this....

Which wasn't even amusing.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
tracy
Inventor of the Turnip Twaddler and

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »

I enjoy every strange moment of this film...as a lover of bad cinema this one is a gem. Thumbup

Yes,I'm fine....as long as I don't look too closely.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.