Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:24:54 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Funniest TV moments ever.... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Funniest TV moments ever....  (Read 20164 times)
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« on: November 18, 2008, 09:24:37 PM »

What do you think the funniest moments on TV are? Can be a funny episode, live TV moment, commercial, etc.

For me the funniest moment of TV ever is from WKRP in Cincinnati from episode 1.7 Turkeys Away..... I give you the INFAMOUS Turkey drop.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1499909/5115198

God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.....

The entire episode
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 09:50:23 PM »

Carol Burnette's spoof of "Gone with the Wind".
As a little kid, & even as an adult, I didn't have to get the joke to find that funny as heck.

For me personally, the pilot episode of Family Guy was predictable & disappointing in every conceivable way...
Except for that brief appearance of Mr. Koolade.
I couldn't stop laughing for ten minutes.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 12:37:17 AM »

Super Karate Monkey Death Car!

This clip from Newsradio needs a bit of setup. Jimmy James' book tanked in America, but was a huge success in in Japan. So to capitalize on that success, Jimmy has the book re-translated back from Japanese into English.

And...

Small | Large

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Menard
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 08:35:52 AM »

For me the funniest moment of TV ever is from WKRP in Cincinnati from episode 1.7 Turkeys Away...

And the truly scary part is that was based on an actual incident. Buggedout

In addition to that episode, WKRPs Fish Story, with the fight between the KaRP and PIG mascots in the bathroom, the robbery of the stereo store while the remote broadcast is going on, and there was one episode where Herb has a romantic liaison with a woman who turns out to be his old college buddy, who was a guy. WKRP constantly left me in stitches.

An episode of Mad About You I found particularly funny was where Jamie's sister adopts a cat that turns out to be a baby Lynx, or something like that, and ends up terrorizing Paul and the dog, with one scene of both of them ending up on top of the refrigerator; Paul and the dog, that is. They called in a game warden who brings a tranquilizer gun, and the episode ends up having Paul make a run for it across the living room while the cat is holding onto his rear as the game warden levels the tranquilizer gun and fires; I think we can all see where this is going. TeddyR

I'll think of some others.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 09:18:18 AM »

In Living Color did a bunch of parodies of MTV stuff in one episode, I was in stitches through the whole thing.  Here's a favorite:

Small | Large

Every time you see me, the Hammer's on a roll
Even with my head, stickin' out the zipper hole
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 09:28:09 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 09:28:50 AM »

Bo Selecta's Michael Jackson NSFW!!

Small | Large

Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 02:03:22 PM »

My favorite live blooper happened on Tom Snyder's Tomorrow show. They were doing a show about dating and had Helen Gurley Brown as a guest. She went to an area bar/club where they had set up hidden cameras and mikes. One of the cameras was behind the mirror at the main bar. Sitting right in the center were a dark haired man and an attractive blonde woman. Most of the time you couldn't understand what anyone was saying, but at one point the background noise dropped a good deal and at that moment the guy at the bar turns to the blonde and says clearly, "I'd really like to b*** you."
I was rolling. They quickly cut away, but came later back to show the guy sitting there alone. I guess the direct approach wasn't successful.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 11:21:30 PM by Bargle5 » Logged

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:15 PM »

Another Newsradio great was when Joe and Beth were putting Mathew through a mock job interview to get practiced up for a real interview. The mock interview was based on a) Them not pronouncing his name right b) Them making him wait until he if frustrated and even canceling his interview once c) The clerical position he was applying for was in SPACE d) them testing him to see how dizzy he gets from them spinning his char about a billion times, and e) them asking him if he had his own nasa-approved space-suit. He even gets mad because the job in the mock interview went to someone else.

The one where Bill is committed to a mental institution is another great episode.

Can't forget the episode of 'Soap' where they hide Billy Crystal's mannequin and he starts using random objects and food in it's place.

As much as I can't stand the show 'Rosanne', they did have one of the funniest moments in TV: It seems the family was concerned that the boy (I forget his name) was spending A LOT of time in the bathroom (presumably going 'number three' ). The middle kid says: "He's been in the bathroom for almost three hours, , which means he's either really really GOOD at it, , or really really BAD at it". Comedy gold there IMO

Arrested Development had some really good lines. I particularly liked the one where the mother was looking for her medicine for postpartum depression, and someone said "But 'Buster' was born 33 years ago", to which she replies, "and that's how long I've been depressed about it". The episode where they burn down the banana stand is awesome also.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »

I never liked Dave Chapelle much, but his sketch about the blind Klansman was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Other than that, the time Benny Hill accidentally pulled off that lady's dress and she chased him around in her underwear while that crazy sax music played...  BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rattrap007
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 09:47:31 PM »

Arrested Development had some really good lines. I particularly liked the one where the mother was looking for her medicine for postpartum depression, and someone said "But 'Buster' was born 33 years ago", to which she replies, "and that's how long I've been depressed about it". The episode where they burn down the banana stand is awesome also.

There's always money in the banana stand....
Raffine

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 11:35:05 PM »

The Mary Tyler Moore Show 'Chuckles Bites the Dust' episode.

"A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants".

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 09:07:36 AM »

Drew Carey show - Drew made an office safety video, and his roommates did a little soundtrack editing, which came as somewhat of a surprise to Drew.

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 09:08:03 AM »

Del'boy and Rodney dressed as Batman and Robin.
British comedy gold.

Small | Large

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 01:50:23 AM »

Who could ever forget CAROL BURNNETS spoof of GONE WITH THE WIND and making the dress from the curtins and leaving the curtin rod in it
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 10:09:02 AM »

most of this seasons sarah silverman show finale about her and her sisters competing holocaust memorials
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Funniest TV moments ever.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.