Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:38:46 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Talk To Yourself? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you talk to yourself?
Yes, every day - 24 (75%)
Sometimes - 7 (21.9%)
Rarely - 1 (3.1%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Talk To Yourself?  (Read 11182 times)
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 09:28:05 PM »

Every day about all sorts of stuff, especially when I'm stressed out. I tend to go over things in my head, like all the stuff I have to do the following day or to prepare all my crap for work.

Me too...no matter how much I work I am still behind, I also wake up in the middle of the night to do this too. 
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »

Yes, I do actualy talk to myself a lot, especially if I'm trying to make a decision about what to buy in a supermarket or what DVD to watch.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2008, 11:23:08 PM »

Normally I do, but I'm mad at myself, so I'm not on speaking terms right now.  TongueOut

I don't have arguments with myself; I have arguments with people who aren't there...  TeddyR

I do this more than anything else when I talk to myself; I say all the things I wish I could say in real life but can't because I'm too civilized. I'll go through the same imaginary argument with someone else over and over, usually at around 4:00 a.m.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 01:45:36 AM »

A few years back, I was talking to myself and someone laughed at me, saying "You're talking to yourself!" I countered with "At least I'm talking to someone intelligent!"  TongueOut

I do talk to myself:

1. I argue with myself and lose,
2. I ask myself questions and don't like the answers.

Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 08:21:06 AM »

Yes especially when I do something stupid or muck things up some how. 

By the way RC, it's really good to see you back.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

I work in cubicle world, and unfortunately do have a habit of saying things out loud (generally about something I'm programming, like "that was stupid"). So far none of my cubicle neighbors has complained, but it's probably a little weird.
BTM

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

I do that sometimes... what's really crazy is when I'm thinking about past events that made me angry or something and I end up saying something in a rather loud voice that has no context to the current situation.  Luckily, I usually alone when this happens.

I think the problem for is, by nature, I like to talk, but years of social isolation makes it so I don't have many people to talk to, so I start to slowly go bonkers...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
hellbilly
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2008, 04:08:25 PM »

I do that sometimes at work, but only when nobody is around. I'm either motivating myself or b***hing about something.
There's this woman at work who is constantly talking to herself. At first I thought she was speaking to me, so when I said "huh?" her response was "what!?"
That happened a few annoying times actually, until she said I shouldn't mind her mumbling.
Javakoala
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2008, 06:11:29 PM »

Sad, really, but I do talk to myself. And laugh at myself, and invite myself to dinner. One of these days, I'll accept the invitation, and then there will be a nightmare as both of us try to make the other pay the tab because we're both cheap weasels.

I feel really embarrassed when I have to tell myself to use my "indoor" voice.
dean

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 03:37:14 AM »

Talk sing swear at [that last one especiallly]

Years ago when people started getting handsfree kits in their phones, a friend of mine lamented the fact that handsfree meant you could no longer tell the crazy people talking to themselves apart from the people talking on their phones...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2008, 01:57:06 PM »

I had a hard time learning to converse with people and it took years of practice to have a storehouse of sentences ready for when I needed to interact with someone.  I still practice things I might need to say.  Otherwise I'm too easily struck speechless.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
packmule
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »

How about you?
Talk to yourself much?

What do you talk about?
I've talked aloud to myself for most of my life. It's usually profanity muttered under my breath when I've made a mistake doing something. At other times it's just me urging myself to do something better.

Most people who have heard me talk aloud to myself, mostly co-workers, appear a little unsettled by it. I don't blame them.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 12:27:42 AM »

It's some of the best conversations I have.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 01:32:24 AM »

I think our inner monologues, a la stream of consciousness, count as us constantly talking to ourselves, just not usually aloud. That said, I've noticed I mumble absently to myself more in grocery stores than anyplace else. I'll stroll along poleaxed by the variety of colorfully-packaged American consumer offerings cheerfully displayed around me in canyon-like aisles and be like:

"oh yeah i was supposed to get bread wasn't i...but that guy in the black tee distracted me because....hey buy one get two on pretzels? sweet!...and look soy milk's on sale..too bad it blows...i'd make a terrible vegan anyway....besides cows count on us to buy dairy..."

Then I'll chuckle in appreciation of my own questionable species of wit and humor.

I bet sometimes I sound like a bag lady impersonator. Way more than I usually do.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »

Ya I talk to myself, it helps me think for some reason. I always felt weird about it but I can't help it. But seeing as how so many other people do it I guess I shouldn't feel so weird.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Talk To Yourself? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.