Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:37:20 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Judge Gives Man Six Months For 'F-word' « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Judge Gives Man Six Months For 'F-word'  (Read 3993 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: December 06, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »

Judicial tyranny, plain and simple.

Having been involved in a years-long, viciously-fought case involving a property settlement, I can tell you many judges just look for a chance to jump on somebody. I can also tell you it's stooopid to lose your cool in court or not be on your best behavior. But for a judge to throw someone in jail for six months for uttering a word....tyranny. (Even if the person jailed was a lawyer...no offense, Rev, lol.)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20081205/NEWS01/812050363/-1/TODAY

Another in jail for cussing

Attorney gets six months for F-word

For the second day in a row, Judge Robert Ruehlman threw someone in jail and cited him for contempt for cussing in the courtroom.

It was an accused gang member Wednesday. On Thursday, it was a private attorney in a non-criminal case.

Michael Brautigam was before Ruehlman representing himself in a contentious civil suit he had filed against his North Avondale condo association and other condo owners in the building who are represented by Cincinnati attorney Peter Koenig.

Brautigam lives at Rose Crest Condominiums in the 700 block of Clinton Springs Avenue. He sued, accusing the condo association of not properly taking care of the building and asked a judge to force it to fix the roof and make other repairs.

Brautigam, who is an attorney but isn't licensed in Ohio, asked Ruehlman for more time to file documents. Ruehlman gave it to him.

As Koenig and Brautigam turned to walk away from the judge, Brautigam called Koenig "a (bleeping) liar."

"He used the famous F-word," Koenig said. "(Ruehlman) asked Mr. Brautigam if he said that."

Brautigam admitted he had and had directed it at Koenig.

Ruehlman cited Brautigam for contempt and sent him to jail for six months.

"I had to give him six months because I gave the other guy (on Wednesday) six months," Ruehlman said.

Jamel Sechrest was before Ruehlman in a Wednesday hearing with four other accused members of the "Taliband," a gang police say has terrorized Northside and its residents by selling drugs and committing other crimes.

Sechrest, unhappy at having to wait until Feb. 2 for a trial - and sitting in jail until then - muttered "That's (bleeping) bull (bleep)."

"You don't say bull (bleep) in the courtroom," Ruehlman told Sechrest before citing him for contempt, sentencing him to six months in jail.

Koenig was surprised at being the recipient of Brautigam's curses.

"Judge Ruehlman absolutely did the right thing by attempting to maintain order, civility and decorum in his courtroom. Attorney Brautigam has been discourteous and disrespectful to judges, lawyers and litigants in our community on more than one occasion," Koenig said.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 08:14:51 PM »

What a f****n' joke!  Buggedout

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »

I feel a lot sorrier for this guy than I do for OJ.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:36:55 AM »

I don't get angry often (mainly because I get physically ill after I do) but when I do:

1. The amount of times I use the word sh*t would be enough to turn the Sahara desert into a fertile farmland and
2. The amount of times I use the f word would be enough to impregnate every lady for miles around.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 11:32:36 AM »

I just love the "I had to give him six months since I gave the last guy six months". So, one knee-jerk, temper-tantrum of a decision and it becomes a landmark decision. This judge is one of the things that is wrong with our system: A judge makes a decision on a sentencing issue, or even an evidence inclusion/exclusion issue, and they're too scared to ever do anything different for fear of looking like they did somthing wrong. Their job is to BE right, not LOOK like they're right.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 10:11:02 AM »

Michael Brautigam .... Ruehlman .... Koenig.....

What the... Where was this now? These are all German names, except for the messed up mutated vowels (here it would be Bräutigam, Rühlman, König).

Had to look up "mutaded vowel" and like the expression very much!

"At the hearing in the court of German emigrants whose vowels have mutated due to some terrible toxic incident in their home country, the judge yesterday....."

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »

Almost half the city is of German descent. Thousands and thousands of Germans came there in the mid-1800's....and there has been very little social evolution since.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
frank
Bad Movie Lover

"I'm a big boy now, Johnny."

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 02:33:09 AM »

Almost half the city is of German descent. Thousands and thousands of Germans came there in the mid-1800's....and there has been very little social evolution since.

Well, since mutation is one driver of evolution, the mutating vowels could be a start...

......"Now toddle off and fly your flying machine."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Judge Gives Man Six Months For 'F-word' « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.