Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:44:14 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A bit chilly tonight « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A bit chilly tonight  (Read 9860 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 06, 2008, 09:24:59 PM »

I got home and noticed that it was a little cold in the house.  My brother-in-law and his wife were babysitting the kids as I was as I was at the unit and Katie at work.  He thought we just kept it cool in the house (it was 60 F).  Troubleshooting the heater did not fix the issue.  I checked the maintenance manual, checked the error lights, and the problem is either the igniter system or the electronics that control it.

Thank goodness we have a fairly efficient gas fireplace.  Unfortunately, my office is above the garage and I shut the doors between here and the rest of the house to conserve the heat to the living room (where the fireplace is at) and where the kids are sleeping upstairs.  It is cold in my office, I'd bet 50 F or less.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 09:26:32 PM »

It's freezing here. I've had to have the heating on all day. It's supposed to be real frozen and foggy like it was last week, tomorrow. The coldest day of the year so far apparently....

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »

We got several inches of snow the last few days and the temperature is supposed to drop below zero tonight.
I did laundry earlier and because all of my jeans were dirty, I wore shorts to the laundromat. 
People gave me funny looks.   TongueOut
Doctor Menard
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 09:52:53 PM »

I did laundry earlier and because all of my jeans were dirty, I wore shorts to the laundromat. 

It had nothing to do with the shorts.

Tonight is not going to be as cold as it was the past two nights. The weather forecasts the past few days have been anything but close to accurate.

I'm guessing it will drop to 20 tonight; maybe the teens.

60 degrees would seem balmy to me. Not that I like it cool, I don't, but I keep the thermostat in this place at about 60, which generally, with weather like this, keeps it no more than the 50s, maybe even 40s at times. I use a space heater in whatever room I am in, and tonight I am wearing a long sleeve thermal henley.

With the weight I have lost over this past year, I am chilling, so it seems, even more than I did last winter.

I do have an advantage of having moved into a smaller room, with a door to boot, in this place. I was offered a larger room, but being familiar with that room in winter, I opted for the smaller room which is easier to heat with a space heater, and better insulated due to being a mostly interior room.

I anticipate ghouck's response; I think it will make all of us feel that much warmer.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 10:01:36 PM »

It's been snowing all day up here in Michigan,and the wind is whipping up. It's 24 F now...but it's supposed to get into the teens. The wind makes it feel a lot colder. I was going to walk down to the store and get some chicken....but I decided not to. I'll eat a bagel and cream cheese.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2008, 10:04:41 PM »

We're expecting a snow dusting tonight in RI. Temps have been below freezing the past 3 days.  Waiting any minute now for a big northeaster to hit us. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2008, 11:21:30 PM »

It had nothing to do with the shorts.

With those legs people thought he was riding a chicken. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 11:56:06 PM »

It's been full-blown winter here since about the middle of November, and has managed to stay below freezing since then. Been snowing a fair bit too.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2008, 12:29:37 AM »

Snowed here in NJ for the first time this season. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2008, 07:50:06 AM »

It's 0 in SE Minnesota right now.  Supposed to get up to 18 today.  We've been getting snow about every other day, probably 6 - 8 inches so far.  I keep the thermostat at 77  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2008, 09:33:20 AM »

While it's not especially cold here in S. Texas, our house was built in 1920, has no insulation, leaky windows, and no real heat other than space heaters. When the temperature does dip down, it gets quite cool inside. Some days I'd be quite happy with an indoor temperature in the 50s.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 11:47:35 AM »

It's freezing here too. It definitely dropped well below zero here with a hard frost. This afternoon it's mostly thawed out but there's a chilly wind about.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 02:35:18 PM »

It snowed a little bit here in NYC. Its been pretty cold too.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 07:43:41 PM »

That really sucks Andrew.  My wife and I use to live in an apartment above a nursing home (long story) that was heated by a hundred year old oil furnace.  In January or February the oil would run out and the apartment would get really freaking cold.  Lucky for us it was pre kids.  I hope you and the family stay warm. 

It has been very cold in Chicago too. 
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 07:51:34 PM »

It seems like they're getting snow everywheres but where I live in Newfoundland. Kinda unusual we haven't had any yet.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  A bit chilly tonight « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.