Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:16:50 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Alien from L.A. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alien from L.A.  (Read 29933 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: December 06, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »

Kathy Ireland falls into a bottomless pit and discovers an underground city populated with rejects from other 1980s films.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

Ah Kathy Ireland. Great body; horrifyingly annoying voice. There is a somewhat sequel to this film called (aptly) "Journey to the Center of the Earth." I got in from Amazon along with "Alien from L.A." and have yet to (summon the courage to) watch it.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
justin
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »

Wow, I remember this dud. Then again I had a crush on Kathy Ireland in my teen years, tried to find any movie she was in & sadly this was 1 of them.

The only good part of the movie was Kathy in a bikini in the end.   :drink:fas
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 08:02:48 AM »

I had vague memories of seeing this on MST3K, so I picked it up thinking that if nothing else, at least Kathy would be looking sexy.  Yeah, me and my wishful thinking again.  They apparently thought it would be a good idea to focus on her acting abilities instead.  I'd recommend getting one of her exercise videos instead.  "Absolutely Fit" is pretty good:  Kathy looks really sexy, her voice isn't nearly as squeaky, and you get five abdominal workout routines to boot.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »

Ah, the wonders of tax break cinema........ thanks for the review, Andrew but no thanks to G&G for messing up our film industry.  Bluesad

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 10:05:23 AM »

There is a somewhat sequel to this film called (aptly) "Journey to the Center of the Earth."

I have it; it's awful.  Definitely a skull.  Even having seen this prior, I mistook that version of "Journey to the Center of the Earth" as a failed TV show pilot.  It feels slapped together from all sorts of quickly done stuff.

I almost gave this one a skull, but decided a few pieces of it were not totally worthless.  The video announcer guy was actually quite funny, though most of his entertainment value comes during the ending credits (go figure). 

I had vague memories of seeing this on MST3K, so I picked it up thinking that if nothing else, at least Kathy would be looking sexy.  Yeah, me and my wishful thinking again.  They apparently thought it would be a good idea to focus on her acting abilities instead.  I'd recommend getting one of her exercise videos instead.  "Absolutely Fit" is pretty good:  Kathy looks really sexy, her voice isn't nearly as squeaky, and you get five abdominal workout routines to boot.

It's saying something when her workout videos are better than her movies.  There are at least a dozen actresses that I cannot stand in a movie, but that I could watch (bikini-clad) jumping on a trampoline for hours.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
DavidFullam
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »

Not only is Jules Verne spinning in his grave because of this film, he's also doing moonsaults and shooting star presses.  Twirling
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 12:25:23 PM »

I bet Joel and the Bots were spinning when they hammered this turkey.
Aghhh! That voice! Maybe takeing a drink when ever the announcer spoke might make it a little...a little...less painfull.
Yeesh!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 05:26:28 PM »

Yeah, I've only seen this one on MST3K, and as I recall they didn't have much fun with it either. I mean, 2 hours of that voice?! I think (I hope!) that's not her real voice, it was a put-on so you'd have the big payoff at the end- when she returns from her "adventure" with the confidence to shed her geekiness, put on a bikini and become.. KATHY IRELAND! Yeah! And all those boys who made fun of her before would be sorry! Yeah! As far as I could tell, that was the moral of the story. It's not such a good payoff when it's best viewed with the sound off..

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Torgo

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 06:16:23 PM »

I've seen bot the original version of this movie and the MST3K version of it. This is one painful movie to try to make it through without the aid of Joel and the Bots.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
annoymous
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 05:57:30 AM »

Geez, did Thom Matthews sink low after Return of the Living Dead and Friday the 13th Part 6.
Cindylover1969
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 02:07:01 PM »

Incredibly, this may not be Kathy Ireland's worst movie (Once Upon A Christmas, anyone?).
mrgb46
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 07:15:52 PM »

I remember seeing this on Comedy Central after I had already seen the MST3K version and was thinking,"This is suppose to be a comedy? Where? Did I miss something?" I realized right then and there,that some movies are better with MST3K to get through it all..P.s..It was Mike and the bots that did this turkey.
Sitting Duck
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 08:57:06 AM »

I bet Joel and the Bots were spinning when they hammered this turkey.

I've seen bot the original version of this movie and the MST3K version of it. This is one painful movie to try to make it through without the aid of Joel and the Bots.

As a point of interest, this movie was featured when Mike was the show's host.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 02:28:34 AM »

Again I say, thanks Cannon Films for almost ruining our film industry.  TongueOut

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Alien from L.A. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.