Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:00:48 PM
714413 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird Talents « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Weird Talents  (Read 10699 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: December 09, 2008, 10:32:30 AM »

Everybody has a weird talent.
Mine is gleeking.

The technical definition according to Wikipedia is, "the projection of saliva from the submandibular gland upon compression by the tongue."

Now there's a word you don't use everyday.  Submandibular!

When I was a freshman in high school, lots of other kids could gleek...and they would gleek on me.  To retaliate, I learned how to do it myself.
A memory that is still fresh in my mind was when I asked my mother if she knew what gleeking was.  When she said no, I gleeked in her face.  Needless to say, she went ballistic.  I got it all over her glasses and remember her swearing at me as she ran those glasses under the sink to wash them off.  
I thought it was hilarious!  BounceGiggle

How about you?
Got any weird talents?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:01:21 PM by Ash » Logged
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 11:12:11 AM »

I can do "The String Trick". That's where you snort a length of string up your nose and pull it out of your mouth. When I was in the Army, I snorted on end of my dog-tag chain up my nose, pulled it out of my mouth, and attached it so it was litterally hooked through my skull. Cool eh?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »

I can juggle five tennis balls at the same time. Or let me put it this way: I have. Did. Once. Usually four's my upper limit.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Paquita

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 12:13:56 PM »

*I* can't do this, but my favorite weird talent is spit bubbles - not the ones that gather on your lips, anyone can do that, but the ones that actually float away!  A kid in my ROTC class could do it and I remember standing behind him for inspection and seeing the little bubbles floating away from him.  It was so hard not to laugh I was tearing up.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 12:36:16 PM »

Nope. No talent I can think of.

But one of my favorite stories of a weird talent is 19th-century French performer Le Petomane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%C3%A9tomane

Ah, will we ever again have a venue like the Moulin Rouge, where a musical farter can be a headliner seen by royalty?
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 12:38:52 PM »

*I* can't do this, but my favorite weird talent is spit bubbles - not the ones that gather on your lips, anyone can do that, but the ones that actually float away!  A kid in my ROTC class could do it and I remember standing behind him for inspection and seeing the little bubbles floating away from him.  It was so hard not to laugh I was tearing up.
I can do this but not to perfection.

I can wiggle my ears.  I remember as a kid trying to explain to my mother how to do it.   I think you either have the "talent" or you don't.  

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 01:28:39 PM »

I've never heard of gleeking before, and I can't do it, at least not on the first try. I can wiggle my ears, flare my nostrils, lift one eyebrow (Mr. Spock style), wiggle the top part of my forehead, curl my tongue into a tube (can't quite manage the cloverleaf) and juggle (only three balls, though, 'cause I never practice). Are any of these talents?

I can also sit for hours and listen to accordion music. Bagpipes, too. Is that talent or self-loathing?

Musically, I sing, play several instruments, write songs, etc. A self-proclaimed musical genius (i.e., arrogant organist with zero social skills) once showed off how he could beat triplets (no, Menard, he wasn't spanking three girls TongueOut) with one hand while simultaneously beating eighth notes with the other (three beats against two). After about ten seconds of watching him, I could do it easily. Is that talent?

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »

I can perfectly imitate a cat purring, by almost choking on my tongue  TeddyR

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 05:53:36 PM »

I can move both thumbs beyond the human normal.  Its almost a dislocation.
0Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 07:42:34 PM »

I can wiggle my ears.  I remember as a kid trying to explain to my mother how to do it.   I think you either have the "talent" or you don't.  

can you wiggle them independently of each other or just both at the same time? I can do one at a time but I distinctly remember practicing how to do this when I was about 9 or 10, don't think I was 'born' an ear waggler

I can also bend my little finger on my right hand backwards bending at all the joints so it curves back on itself. really useful for not much actually...

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 09:17:54 PM »

can you wiggle them independently of each other or just both at the same time? I can do one at a time but I distinctly remember practicing how to do this when I was about 9 or 10, don't think I was 'born' an ear waggler
Just tried it, the answer is yes. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 09:19:15 PM »

I can  raise either eyebrow independent of one or the other. I can wiggle my ears too. I can also make my lips vibrate real fast so that it sounds like a helicopter.  I can cross one eye,while the other looks straight . I've been told I have a 'rubber' face. I'm real good at making stupid looking faces.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2008, 09:27:55 PM »

My girlfriend complains I can fart and belch louder than most. Is that talent?  Wink TeddyR

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2008, 12:05:11 AM »

I can make any conversation uncomfortable by saying only a few words.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2008, 12:16:14 AM »

I can inflate my tongue at will to three times its normal size, and I can belch at will, and fire off a series of rapidfire burps most of the time when I feel like it.  I can also arch my right eyebrow but not my left.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird Talents « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.