Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:10:23 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Baby Names « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Bad Baby Names  (Read 29899 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 09:11:12 PM »

In Frank Zappa's autobiography, there's a story about when Dweezel was about to be born, how the nurse wouldn't admit the mom until she changed the name on some piece of paperwork. This nurse was going to let her drop this kid athe reception desk unless they agreed to NOT name the kid Dweezel. Apparently when he was several years old, he found out that his name legally WASN'T Dweezel, and made his parents get it changed, as that is all they ever called him any ways.

LOL, also wasn't his daughter called Moon Unit 2 ? can't imagine the nurses were happy with that either, somehow

then there's Bob Geldof's daughters: Fi-Fi Trixibelle and Peaches Honeyblossom

Chris Martin and Gwyneth Paltrow's kids: Apple and Moses ???

campaign to stop this rockstar/offspring related madness IMO

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2008, 11:01:10 PM »

Not made up:

Justin Case.
Oso Springthunder

and of course,

the goth chick at Prov Anchorage who called her kid "Satan."
Paquita

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2008, 12:45:24 PM »

Maybe this is old news to some, but it's the best thing I learned in 2008.  Matthew McConaughey has a brother.. his name? Rooster!  Even better! Rooster's son's name?  MILLER LYTE MCCONAUGHEY!!!!  I just can't be mad at that for some reason. 

I wonder what Rooster's nickname is?
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2008, 02:50:42 PM »

Other countries actually have laws

http://www.yeahbaby.com/article.php?page=118
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2008, 04:28:09 PM »

My sister works as a maternity nurse; she had to intervene to keep a teenage mother from naming her daughter "that beautiful name the doctor said in the delivery room" -

Placenta.

Indy?  Your story gave me quite a jolt: my brother was an obstetrician. He told the same story.  What is more against the odds: that it happened at least *twice* or that your sister and my brother worked the same hospital, together?   Buggedout

My sister is a nurse in the Houston, TX area, so it depends on where your brother works.

The young lady in question was about 16 and from a poor black neighborhood. I guess, if you don't know what it means, "Placenta" does sound kind of cool and feminine.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »

My sister is a nurse in the Houston, TX area, so it depends on where your brother works.

The young lady in question was about 16 and from a poor black neighborhood. I guess, if you don't know what it means, "Placenta" does sound kind of cool and feminine.

Well, he was not in Texas so that answers that; but the mother in question was of similar background, and yes the word itself does have a pleasant enough sound.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
sprite75
The Cat Herder of Badmovies

I'm a Mac...

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 10:02:20 PM »

If I were to ever have a daughter, right now I'm thinking I'd want to name her Dorothy after my maternal grandmother - she's been gone about 5 1/2 years now and it's been too long since we've had a Dorothy in the family.  I'm thinking if I ever had a son I'm kind of thinking Harlan after my great-uncle who went to fight in Korea, went MIA, and was never heard from again.

God of making the characteristic which becomes dirty sends the hurricane.
dean

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2008, 11:03:24 PM »

I like interesting names that are off the beaten track but aren't wierd.  My girlfriend's name is Maya, and whilst that's a fairly common name in some cultures, it isn't so much in our country, so it suits really well.

When I was younger I always wanted to name my first kid if it was a boy or first dog Zaius [whichever came first] but Maya has since persuaded me that it's best not to call the kid Zaius and now I'll actually have to think about it.   Wink

That Placenta story is truly inspiring.  What an absolute idiot!  Still, if she stuck with that name, that kid would surely either grow up messed up beyond belief or have balls of steel.

In other name news, my brother went to school with an 'Eden Cox' which was a fairly bad name for a girl...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2008, 11:05:50 PM »

Almost everyone I work with has a kid named Aiden, or kid with a name that rhymes with Aiden.  I told my girlfriend that if we have kids, nothing that rhymes with Aiden shall be used.  Honestly, I'm waiting for the day that everyone brings their children to work so I can say, "Hey, Aiden!" and see how many kids look over at me.  

The names that really annoy me are the ones that are combinations of two or more names.  The worst: Trason, a combo of Tracy and Jason.  It sounded like a redneck trying to say "tracin'."  
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2008, 11:46:58 PM »

In Frank Zappa's autobiography, there's a story about when Dweezel was about to be born, how the nurse wouldn't admit the mom until she changed the name on some piece of paperwork. This nurse was going to let her drop this kid athe reception desk unless they agreed to NOT name the kid Dweezel. Apparently when he was several years old, he found out that his name legally WASN'T Dweezel, and made his parents get it changed, as that is all they ever called him any ways.

LOL, also wasn't his daughter called Moon Unit 2 ? can't imagine the nurses were happy with that either, somehow

No, just Moon Unit as I understand it. Also Diva Muffin for the youngest of the four, and Ahmet (who likes to point out that his name rhymes with VOMIT).

All in all, Diva Zappa is one of the coolest people on the planet. She's damn good looking, and she does a bunch of work for the Watoto Fund, an organization that helps, amongst other things, Kenyan orphans, many of them victims of female genitalia mutilation. I've read a bit about her, and in this day of Paris Hilton and company, she's the type of person that makes one think maybe the human race isn't COMPLETELY without hope.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »

My sister has a unique name - Clinta, a combination of my Dad's name, Clint, and my Mom's name, Laura.  I think it has a very nice ring to it.  In all my life, I have only run into one other person named Clinta, a church secretary who worked for my Dad in Dallas when I was a teen.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »

My sister works as a maternity nurse; she had to intervene to keep a teenage mother from naming her daughter "that beautiful name the doctor said in the delivery room" -

Placenta.

Indy?  Your story gave me quite a jolt: my brother was an obstetrician. He told the same story.  What is more against the odds: that it happened at least *twice* or that your sister and my brother worked the same hospital, together?   Buggedout

Well my sister works as a neonatal maternity nurse also (ARNP) and I've heard the same story .... hmm so that makes 3 times just on this board, so I'm beginning to think this is a Urban Legend.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »

My sister has one of those made-up names, I remember hearing that she is the only person with that name, , ,but, , when I was in the Army and stationed in Texas, I knew a girl with the same name, and she was a half a year older. The best part is, , ,the girl I knew was a stripper.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2008, 01:40:29 PM »

Placenta.

Well my sister works as a neonatal maternity nurse also (ARNP) and I've heard the same story .... hmm so that makes 3 times just on this board, so I'm beginning to think this is a Urban Legend.

Good guess.  Snopes thinks so too: http://www.snopes.com/racial/language/names.asp (WARNING: bad language)

I imagine that under questioning the sources would say they didn't actually witness it themselves, but heard it from someone else.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Susan
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2008, 11:23:38 PM »

there was a story not too long ago about how someone was trying to keep these parents from naming their kids a number. Not 7 or 9. But some long ass number that is a computer code or some crap.

btw i work in insurance and see all kinds of names. I've seen it ALL.
red brick, honey delight, james bond, I used to keep a list because i got so tickled by some of the names. After years tho, nothing suprises me. The list is long gone.

my cousin lived in hawaii and of course over there they love hawaiian names that mean something. Unfortunately for her kids they all live in texas now. So with middle names like "Kapuamakamae" your not likely to ever tell your friends what your middle name is
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Bad Baby Names « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.