Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:28:13 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Author Topic: What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates?  (Read 73699 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »

The Goonies ppl. I need say no more...  TeddyR

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »

There's no movie that someone doesn't hate, and there's no movie, however bad it might be, that someone doesn't love.  This board is continuing proof of the last part.

So give us your best guesses. . .

Hey, I answered the question correctly... there's no movie ever made that nobody hates!

I thought of THE GODFATHER, but I know I read something somewhere by a person who hated it.  I also thought of CASABLANCA.  Although there are a huge number of people who refuse to see it because it's old and in b&w, I find it hard to believe many people would dislike it if they gave it a chance.

I thought the Pixar/Disney answer was a good one, but I know that somewhere there's some black-hearted evil clown who hates the stuff...  Wink

Maybe the Platonic unhatable movie would be something that was so thoroughly average that no one could muster enough energy to hate on it.  It would also be the ultimate unlovable movie.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »

The Goonies ppl. I need say no more...  TeddyR
Well see heres the thing.  I worshiped the movie when I was younger but watched it the other day for the first time in many years. I can't say it entertained me as much as the first time but I did somewhat enjoy it.  So no I don't hate it but right now I'm ok with it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »

Every year there's about 20 Pixar films about stupid CGI animals, I have no idea how the world isn't flooded in puke.  Question

I dunno about that..  There are 9 total Pixar features (4 about animated animals), and they've been made over 13 years.  If my math is right, that's less than one a year.  But yeah, my sister doesn't like them either, borderline hates them actually.

I think The Princess Bride is probably the closest any film comes to not being hated by anyone.  I've known people who didn't like it, but none who outright hated it.  Aliens and the original Rocky are also up there.  Aliens seems to not be hated because it has a core story about humanity and maternal conflict at its core - meaning (stereotypically) women and men both like it.  But, some people are probably turned off by its violence and length.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

How about IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE?  I've heard many people (including myself) say they are sick and tired of it after seeing it on TV about 50 times between Thanksgiving and Christmas . . . but I don't think I've heard anyone say they hate it.

And how about Disney's PINOCCHIO?  How can anyone hate that charming, naive, wooden lad?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 08:45:06 PM »

I was tempted to say Shawshank Redemption, as most people love it.  But a few people on here said they didn't like it.

I'm gonna say Psycho.  Most people I've met who've seen it have nothing but positives to say about it.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

Seems it's my day to be curmudgeon here. Won't go so far as to say I hate this movie, but I don't see why people love it so much. It's just a little bit of made-for-TV, not very original, not very funny, not very well-acted fluff. Eh, it's OK. I can sit through it.

I'm very distraught by these comments but I'll move on. 

Some of my favorite movies have been similarly dissed here. It's a big world, lot of different tastes. We all muddle through somehow.

No one answered me about JAWS.  Thoughts?

Great movie. Aside from the suspense element (which admittedly worked a lot better the first time, when it was out in theaters), the scene with Richard Dreyfuss and Robert Shaw trading shark stories and showing off scars is one of my all time favorite cinema moments.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 11:17:46 PM »

I don't like Wizard of Oz, Return to Oz was way cooler. TeddyR
You don' know no nuthin' 'bout no movies at all...  Wink  RETURN TO OZ may, in fact be "way cooler," but THE WIZARD OF OZ is a miracle of a film that one can only hate mid way thru having looked at it all the times in one's life one will, or must.  Not a fan of WIZARD OF OZ really at all, but having lived thru at least 2 decades of can't stand the thing, and then coming to love it again, I'd say the film is at least resilient. 

I used to think I hated GONE WITH THE WIND, but it's just overhyped, and I've compromised on that one, too. 

Does anyone hate CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND?
Does anyone hate THE HAUNTING
Does anyone hate PATTON?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 11:20:55 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 08:43:59 AM »

I really dislike Close Encounters of the Third Kind.  The story of Richard Dreyfuss slowly and loudly going nuts, with some UFO stuff tossed in at the end TeddyR
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 08:49:15 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »

Does anyone hate CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND?
Does anyone hate THE HAUNTING
Does anyone hate PATTON?
Honestly, I haven't even seen the three movies you've just mentioned.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 10:05:40 AM »

You don' know no nuthin' 'bout no movies at all...  Wink  RETURN TO OZ may, in fact be "way cooler," but THE WIZARD OF OZ is a miracle of a film that one can only hate mid way thru having looked at it all the times in one's life one will, or must.  Not a fan of WIZARD OF OZ really at all, but having lived thru at least 2 decades of can't stand the thing, and then coming to love it again, I'd say the film is at least resilient. 

What I have found with many Wizard of Oz detractors is that they dislike it for a time and then come to love it again. I don't know the ages of doggett and Mr Briggs, but they both seem fairly young (I think Mr Briggs said he was a teenager). Men, particularly in their teens and early twenties, seem to go through a period of dislike for the movie ("It's just a stupid kid's movie" or "It's a musical. I hate musicals." are typical attitudes. Whether that applies to these two, I don't know). After gaining some perspective on life, most come back around to seeing the magic of the film. Again, I'm not trying to psychoanalyze anyone or put words in anyone's mouth; these are just my observations. Karma to you, Allhallowsday, for standing with me as an ardent defender of TWOZ  Thumbup TeddyR.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »

How about IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE?  I've heard many people (including myself) say they are sick and tired of it after seeing it on TV about 50 times between Thanksgiving and Christmas . . . but I don't think I've heard anyone say they hate it.

If you'd been around me 20 years ago, I would have told you I hated it.  I thought it was incredibly boring, up until the ending which I thought was laughably corny.  Now I've softened my opinion, and I can't say that I hate it anymore.  Still not fond of it, though.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 02:03:51 PM »

Mary Poppins  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 02:04:39 PM »

Mary Poppins  Smile

Hate it.

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 02:08:47 PM »

*bangs head against table*
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Fantasic Voyage.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  What movie is there that you think NOBODY hates? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.