Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:55:21 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cool Site « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cool Site  (Read 4259 times)
Susan
« on: January 29, 2009, 11:05:37 PM »

Back in the day before the ability to post youtube rickrolls, i used to post random website links of interest.

This one i always revisit from time to time when I need a vacation. You know how everyone raves over google map and all that crap? That is NOTHING

NOTHING, compared to this: MAPJACK

And I hope they expand to different cities like they say, because i've absolutely enjoyed my virtual vacation walking around and through the prison of alcatraz and down pathways of hills, and also my virtual trip to Yosemite. Not big on thailand, but this is what street maps  SHOULD look like. Not those crappy google maps that are hazy and when you zoom in it blurs out.

I've never been to california so it's fantastic to spend a quiet half hour clicking down the streets and zooming in on peoples plates at a cafe. I also love it when i end up on a pier or crowded place where people are giving you a crazy stare. Zoom in, go on. you'll see that it doesn't get blurry. Here's a sample:

Regular shot

Zoomed in

I'm about to write these people love letters, i'm glad they stepped it up a notch from the crap i've seen people raving over on the internet that frankly just sucks. And if I could find out where their truck is going to be next i'd totally go and get in the shot. I want to be the female Where's Waldo of Mapjack, posing in various cities.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:21:50 PM by Susan » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 01:00:16 PM »

This is pretty groovy  Thumbup

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »

intranet huh ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:36:49 PM »

Susan,

Your link to that site has an extra "http//" in it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 07:12:36 PM by Ash » Logged
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 08:00:39 PM »

The only thing that could ever describe that sight...

Amazing. 

I should do a Mapjack of my apartment.  It'll take three pics. 

Cheers
Susan
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 09:24:43 PM »

I fixed the link, sorry about that guys. Seriously tho, some of the places i ended up on that site are amazing with the view or even walking through a crowd of people on FOOT. love it and i hope it's the future. I don't care what anyone says about big brother, it's awesome

I'd love to be able to go back and see places I used to live or where I visited as well as places i'd like to see. What a great promotional tool for a city to increase tourism as well. They could have like bubble links on the pics where it might take you to the website for that business or city.

Seriously - go to alcatraz on that site - you can walk INSIDE the prison! That's a hell of a lot better than just street cam view
Susan
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 09:34:51 PM »

it would also be hillarious to have our own thread here if mapjack ever expands to complete with who can find the most interesting or funny pictures

because i sure as hell hope them are in pesos and not dollars....

Not that it would matter much since the family car gets a lot of miles per gallon...

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 09:48:28 PM by Susan » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009, 09:37:48 PM »

it would also be hillarious to have our own thread here if mapjack ever expands to complete with who can find the most interesting or funny pictures

I'd win hands down. I'd just have to pull the blinds up and snap some bulldog giving birth to some 13 year old drug dealer...

ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »

I fixed the link, sorry about that guys. Seriously tho, some of the places i ended up on that site are amazing with the view or even walking through a crowd of people on FOOT. love it and i hope it's the future. I don't care what anyone says about big brother, it's awesome

I'd love to be able to go back and see places I used to live or where I visited as well as places i'd like to see. What a great promotional tool for a city to increase tourism as well. They could have like bubble links on the pics where it might take you to the website for that business or city.

Seriously - go to alcatraz on that site - you can walk INSIDE the prison! That's a hell of a lot better than just street cam view

how do I get there?

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Susan
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 08:15:52 PM »

To prison? lol

i could answer that so many ways  Wink

I think they are working on the site now, there's a notice that they're updating cities so until they put it together they probably take the entire city down to update. San francisco was up there. It should be back up

But sausalito is new, i haven't gone there yet...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 08:41:36 PM »

How do you pronounce "Phuket"?  Question

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Cool Site « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.