Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:02:17 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  disgusting homeless people in libraries « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: disgusting homeless people in libraries  (Read 21077 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2009, 03:22:34 PM »

all of the people around me regardles of their age are looking at facebook or some equivalent.  A few are looking for work, but I think the whole notion of the internet as an educational tool has gone out the window
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »

True enough, but surely your ideas on this matter don't align with everybody's. I guarantee there's SOMEONE that didn't think it was OK for your kid to run/whatever someplace you thought it was OK, and vice-versa. There's always going to be someone complaining that what YOU are doing is wrong, and you'll chalk them up as being overly uptight, there will always be people who you see as letting their kids go out of control, and they'll chalk YOU up as being overly uptight.

Not everyone is going to draw the line in exactly the same place. The important thing is that they draw it somewhere, and that they are consistent about it, whether at home, at someone's house or in a public place. And it's not just a matter of keeping the kids on a leash. They need to hear why they're not allowed to do something. The mistake a lot of people make is assuming the kid is too young to understand and putting it off.

Yes, every kid is going to act up sometimes, and some parents are more laid back than others, but I can see a difference between kids who have consistent boundaries from the beginning and those whose parents are just sort of winging it when it comes to discipline. By discipline, I mean teaching self-control. We don't really give out any punishment per se. It's not really needed.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2009, 09:18:23 PM »

I was one of those kids who spent hours on the computer in school, every chance I got.  I was that kid.  I spent more hours than I can count on computers, in arcades -- any time I could get to do so.  Through middle school, high school, and college.  Some of med school too, although I was pinched hard for time by then and by then I had sworn off all multi-user dungeons and related games.  (Includes WoW, which to this day I have never seen on a screen, and will never play.)

It's not a an end-all.  I still turned out educated and successful by most measures, thus far.  I was physically active, I did my homework, I respected my parents (because they deserved it), and I learned self-control. 

I suspect that your aggravation isn't about their computer gaming, but about the implied lack of teaching other important things.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  disgusting homeless people in libraries « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.