Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:22:11 PM
714419 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stuff You Blew Money On That You Regret « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Stuff You Blew Money On That You Regret  (Read 14089 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009, 06:45:26 PM »

Yeah, I'll have to join in with the "ex" category which I didn't even think of but I'd rather not go on a rant about it.  Theres not enough space on the board for it.  Lets just say for every buck I've spent, I've had 10 cents spent on me.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Kate
Dedicated Viewer

Groovy.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2009, 07:38:53 PM »

Okay, so it was only $15, but I bought this Lost poster once (because... I LOVE LOST), and then found the same poster elsewhere in much better quality and for about half the price. I dunno why, but I'm still bitter about that.  TongueOut

FEED ME A STRAY CAT
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2009, 07:43:53 PM »

Mine was  a 7 string Conklin bass that I bought for 800 bucks a few years back. I was more enamored from finally getting my hands on a 7 straing bass rather than actually making sure that I wasn't buying a lemon.

Unfortunately, the thing started to fall apart on my as I played the heck out of it. First the pickups completely failed and you can't just walk into a music/guitar shop and find 7 string pickups. They're about the size of a bar of soap on this bass. Also, even though I was able to buy strings for my 6 string Ibanez bass in a store, I had to special order the strings for my 7 string. The strings cost me about 50 dollars each pack!  There was also a problem with the tension rods in the neck. Since the neck was so huge someone who owned it prior had adjusted the tension rods wrong which caused the neck to start warping.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2009, 07:49:40 PM »

Sega 32x.  Enough said. 

DarkSider's Realm

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »

I once spent $45 on a tube of Chanel Lip Gloss...actually, i don't regret it. However, I did regret having to justify spending the money to my then boyfriend....
I will go without makeup before I put cheap bottom rack products on my skin...

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2009, 08:18:41 PM »

There is not enough room on the internet for that list ... tons of stupid stuff, tons and tons and tons of stupid stuff.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »

Sega 32x.  Enough said. 

Yeouch! 
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »

Dude let me tell ya.  The first day I brought it home, the curse from the underworld clips that came with the system busted on me.  I had to send them in for new ones.  I should have ran back to the store at that point.

DarkSider's Realm

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »

College. I'll graduate, spend the rest of my life paying for it, and still never get a decent job. Also, I only ever take three classes at a time, and the last few times I ended up getting back the whole financial aid refund and blowing it, instead of cancelling it like I should have.

Also, just before christmas, I won a portable dvd player with screen at a charity auction. Bring it home, works fine...a few weeks later, it stops reading dvds. It wont even read the lens cleaner I bought. I spent 60 bucks on it ,which makes it really not even worth spending the money to get it fixed. At least it was for charity.

Something else, and I may end up depressing a lot of people here, but someone recently told me that the average lifespan of a dvd - and this is assuming they have been kept in pristine condition - is only 10 to 15 years. After that, the magnetism wears off and they become useless. That means my collection of horror and anime will be doomed, and all the money I spent on boxed sets down the drain.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2009, 11:52:06 PM »

Something else, and I may end up depressing a lot of people here, but someone recently told me that the average lifespan of a dvd - and this is assuming they have been kept in pristine condition - is only 10 to 15 years. After that, the magnetism wears off and they become useless. That means my collection of horror and anime will be doomed, and all the money I spent on boxed sets down the drain.

You've been mislead. The expected longevity of dye-based DVD-R and DVD+R is anywhere from 20 to 250 years, the same as CD-R discs depending on the quality of the dye, (i.e. Gold is better than Silver) this is for burned DVD/r's ... pressed DVD's should not go bad within your lifetime, or your kids, or their kids.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 12:47:22 AM »

Yep, no magnetism involved if I understand the technology correctly.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 02:01:59 AM »

utter kak!!!!

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

doggett, are you perhaps South African or familiar with the Afrikaans language? I'm asking because that word is a very recognizable SA slang word for when something is really, really terrible.  TeddyR

Much like that pic of me on the "horrible picture" thread I started... Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 02:08:16 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 02:26:53 AM »

The other day a friend of mine and I were talking about all the money we've wasted on stupid stuff ad how our life would be now if we had all that money back. Money wasted on booze and women when younger to boats and motorcycles when older ... it was really a depressing thought.

Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 06:08:30 AM »

College. I'll graduate, spend the rest of my life paying for it, and still never get a decent job. Also, I only ever take three classes at a time, and the last few times I ended up getting back the whole financial aid refund and blowing it, instead of cancelling it like I should have.

College is never a waste of money (or perhaps time); if you learned something from your classes then you evolved into a better human being. It is however, horrible to have mass amounts of student loans and then not be able to get a decent job to help pay them off. A friend of mine has a bachelors in Philosophy and about thirty grand in student loans; he works at a truck-stop serving coffee. But then again, i havent met alot of people with degrees in philosophy that were actually able to use it(the degree) to help them get a job  Bluesad. I also have two friends that have degrees in Graphic Arts, one works at Hibbitts; the other at Cracker Barrel (sadly he has a Masters).
Just out of curiosity what kind of degree are you getting?

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 09:12:16 AM »

I wouldn't say that I regret buying some of the stuff that I did get, but it's stuff that I will admit wasn't my best choices.  Buying a lot of the DVD's that I ended up being over the last few years.  Most of them were movies that I never seen before and wanted to see them.  I ended up selling most of them online and getting some money back but not enough to cover everything I spend on for DVD's.  I will also admit that some of the games that I have purchased in the past were not always my best choice. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Stuff You Blew Money On That You Regret « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.