Okay, I dare. We've had lots of 100 BEST lists, but I don't see one for the most obvious category. This idea occurred to me while watching EQUINOX
(1970) for the first time in at least 30 years. It was on tonight on FLIX (which we've been getting free for weeks). A friend of mine watched EQUINOX
with me and started talking and laughing at the thing, responding to the dopey dialogue, lousy all dubbed sound, hairspray in the guys'
hair, and corny kawnee kawnee special effects. This same friend had rebuked me this past Halloween when we were all watching DIE, MONSTER, DIE!
(1965) for talking during the film (I was mocking NICK ADAMS
Anyway, it became obvious to me that some films are so
bad that their badness is what makes them irresistible entertainment. I had first read about EQUINOX
in Famous Monsters of Filmland November, 1972 in an article about shock endings (this one):
I had first seen EQUINOX
not too long after on "Chiller Theater"
and I now realize that that really bad movie
had been the genesis of my appreciation for the truly bad cinematic sh!t.
Let's just list one at a time, to give everyone a chance. Let's make sure they're real worthy turds
. I'll start it off with the real dud, the laugh-ass-fest EQUINOX
. As contributed by the membership, WHAT ARE THE 100 BEST BAD MOVIES OF ALL TIME??
2. ROCK N' ROLL NIGHTMARE
3. HARD ROCK ZOMBIES
4. ONE MILLION B.C.
(1966) Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
(1985) Out of all the nominations, I don't concur with this film as being "bad."
6. TRICK OR TREAT
7. THE LOST EMPIRE
8. KING KONG ESCAPES
Yup, a classic TURD.
9. HICK TREK
10. THE MAIZE: THE MOVIE
12. SLAVE GIRLS FROM BEYOND INFINITY
13. COSMOS: WAR OF THE PLANETS
14. TROLL 2
15. GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS
16. PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE
Should be #1... or should I say #2?
17. TANK GIRL
18. NINJA BACHELOR PARTY
19. THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS
20. BRIDE OF THE MONSTER
21. SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS
(yes, it's certainly bad enuff for the list...)
22. THE ASTRO ZOMBIES
I want that robot. I had near the same long ago. I want that robot.
25. THE REVENGE OF DR. X aka THE DOUBLE GARDEN
I want to see that movie. I want to have seen that long ago.
Back on track!!
27. SHOCK 'EM DEAD
28. TEENAGE CAVEMEN
29. BLOOD FREAK
Is that what I mean or what??
30. NIGHT OF HORROR
31. THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE
32. NIGHTMARES IN A DAMAGED BRAIN
33. BAD GIRLS GO TO HELL
35. SLIME CITY
36. CHAINED FOR LIFE
37. SATAN'S SADISTS
38. THE KILLING OF SATAN
39. FASTER, p***yCAT! KILL! KILL!
40. BAD TASTE
41. KING COBRA aka JAWS OF SATAN
42. ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN
43. EVIL DEAD
(don't care for disregarded communique)
44. SUNSET - THE VAMPIRE IN RETREAT
46. DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN
47. THE MIGHTY GORGO
48. MANOS, THE HANDS OF FATE
50. THE CREEPING TERROR
51. ROBOT MONSTER
52. GLEN OR GLENDA?
53. BRONX EXECUTIONER
54. HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS
56. NINJA TERMINATOR
57. THE ASTOUNDING SHE-MONSTER
58. THE DEVIL'S RAIN
59. CARNIVAL OF SOULS
61. IRON WARRIOR
62. NEON MANIACS
64. THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
65. MONSTER A GO-GO
66. KILLING SPREE
67. BEASTMASTER 2
68. SPIDER BABY
69. HORRORS of SPIDER ISLAND
70. THE GIANT CLAW
71. BRIDES OF BLOOD
72. SANTO AND THE BLUE DEMON VS. THE MONSTERS
73. TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE
75. RAT PFINK A BOO BOO
76. THE KILLER SHREWS
77. JAWS 4: THE REVENGE
79. STAYING ALIVE
80. SGT. PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
81. THE CONQUEROR
82. DRACULA 3000: INFINITE DARKNESS
83. SS GIRLS
84. THE SILVER CHALICE
85. DRACULA A.D. 1972
86. BURIAL GROUND
88. AIRPORT 1975
89. THE PIRATE MOVIE
90. THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED UP ZOMBIES
91. GREASE 2
92. SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW
93. REEFER MADNESS
94. BLOOD FEAST
95. EMPIRE OF THE ANTS
96. CREATURES FROM THE ABYSS
97. BILLY JACK
98. Dünyayi kurtaran adam
(AKA the turkish star wars).
99. BATTLE PLANET
100. ELVIRA, MISTRESS OF THE DARK THESE ARE OUR 100 BEST BADMOVIES (or 100 most enjoyable worst ) HOW DO WE PICK THE BEST OF THEM ALL? YOU DECIDE (pick a ringleader.)