Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:37:35 PM
714481 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Political Change Hits Home . . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political Change Hits Home . . . .  (Read 2645 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: January 21, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

After years of saying the name "George Bush" every time I belch, I now have to begin working on a "Barack Obama" belch.  Aaaahh!  It is TOO MANY syllables for all but the most resounding of burps!!!!!
  Just the first name - "Ba-RACK!!!"  makes for a very nice belchtone, but then trying to work up the wind for that last name is exhausting.  I'm going to have to increase my soda intake just to keep up with the times.

Oh, McCain, your name would have been easier!

But such is the price of change.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »

I've deleted all of my "humorous" pictures of Shrubya, Cheney, and the old guard.  Gotta make HD space for all of the Obama admin's scandals and screwups.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 08:31:10 PM »

I was talking with some co-workers today and I said that I'm now wondering how long it takes before some kind of backlash happens against Obama.

A lot of people that I know who voted for him just did so because they were acting like he was going to be just be able to waive a magic wand and make all of the problems go away.

While I do agree with a good portion of what he's wanting to do, people need to be realistic that turning a country/nation around isn't the same as making a u-turn in a vehicle.

They said that presidents since FDR are judged on their 1st 100 days in office so I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things are going at that point. I think that it's going to take about 2 or 3 years before things really start to get better.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »

I've deleted all of my "humorous" pictures of Shrubya, Cheney, and the old guard.  Gotta make HD space for all of the Obama admin's scandals and screwups.

With healthy cynicism like that you could be British  Smile

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:30:16 PM »

I would advise everyone to read his AGANDA page on the White House web site, there is some very lofty goal there and some that flat out legally can't be done. He has set the bar extremely high ... perhaps to high.

At some point reality well set in for the masses of adoring fans and it will be quite sobering. 

Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:30:02 AM »

Very little change will happen. He is just false hope.

Any chances of getting Universal healthcare are out the window due to the very powerful medical insurence companies.

False hope is very sickerning. The speech he made sound far lower on the promise for change he got many people worked up on.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:23 AM »

There a reporter for our local newspaper - I imagine she must have to wear adult diapers because she loses control of herself whenever she mentions Obama.  Anyhow, she's already written an article informing us that the comedians won't have any material to work with for their traditional presidential jokes, because Obama is just so eloquent and perfect that he's beyond making fun of.

Uy yuy yuy, four more years of this.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2009, 11:14:46 AM »

So far Obama hasn't almost been killed by a pretzel, so he is above the bar set by his predecessor.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »

Very little change will happen. He is just false hope.

False hope is very sickerning. The speech he made sound far lower on the promise for change he got many people worked up on.

Yup.  The same as every other president who has been in office during my lifetime.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

Indiana, howzabout just Oh-Bohm-Aaahh!! 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 10:38:45 PM »

Tried that, AH.  It has decent volume, but lacks the belchophonic residence of a good, solid "Bah - RACK!!!!" TeddyR

I must find a way to combine them.  I can do this thing. Hatred

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:10 AM »

With the right pants on while setting in a leather chair I can fart Baa-raack ...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 07:34:36 AM »

I'ts fun to sing the Name Game with his first name -"Barack,Barack, fo-fock,fee-fi, fo fock,calla -bala,cold cock----Baah-Rack!"  Smile

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 06:43:14 PM »

I would advise everyone to read his AGANDA page on the White House web site, there is some very lofty goal there and some that flat out legally can't be done. He has set the bar extremely high ... perhaps to high.

At some point reality well set in for the masses of adoring fans and it will be quite sobering. 
agreed...but for all of our sake, lets hope he does a good job.  It's in everyone's best interests.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Political Change Hits Home . . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.